Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CJ Jones will have plenty of opportunity with only 1 guard coming in

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 19, 2017, 08:26:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 20, 2017, 09:50:11 am
I'm not sure we have had a player like Hall on campus. Not even sure who he compares to. But a lot of talk is on Gafford and Garland, but Hall is the real sleeper.
still early but his game is like Leonard's.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The_Iceman

Quote from: rude1 on March 20, 2017, 07:22:56 pm
Put Bailey in the lineup instead of DT against SH and we go home after game one. DT and AC aren't world beaters but both are ahead of Bailey at this point.

Without Bailey, we don't have a chance to win against UNC.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 20, 2017, 04:34:28 pm
Just from watching his tape I feel he is more of a 3 than those guys he can handle the ball on fast breaks and can shoot it a lil
True, I think Alandise and Powell were really 3's. They were just 4's in Mike's system.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 20, 2017, 04:29:48 pm
Hall is a better ball handler than Harris, and more explosive than Powell at the rim. He has an interesting skills set for sure for a 6'6" 220lb frame.

I'm trying to think of a current or former SEC player he compares to.
I'm with you. I think Hall have a very unique skill set for his size and is very underrated. He can do everything Harris, Powell, and Qualls can do and then some. If his 3 point shot can be on the level Qualls was at before he left or even better then he can really be something special because he already handles the ball better, makes better decisions, and can jump almost as high.

Should be interesting to see his development and what type of player he becomes. I really think he could be like a point forward if need be. So can Garland. :razorback:

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 21, 2017, 06:20:41 am
Without Bailey, we don't have a chance to win against UNC.
Like I said earlier. All 3 of them have had their ups and downs this year. All 3 of them have had their good games and their not so good games. Putting it in a nice way.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 20, 2017, 05:02:39 pm
Hall is thicker with better handles. Walls was more explosive and forceful at the basket.

I gave a contrast and comparison of the two earlier ITT, where I said Hall is bigger and has better handles, but Qualls has the 2-inch advantage in vertical. However, like Qualls, Hall is very "explosive and forceful at the basket", so that along with their similar height/wingspan AND ability to play on the wing while being fearless around the basket make them the best comparison when trying to size up Hall's fit to what Mike has already had here personnel-wise in his 6 years.