Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday bits.

Started by Hogg_Phan, March 07, 2016, 11:22:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

a0ashle

He won the Shot Put? That's impressive.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

carolinahogger

What was it, a dual meet with a small school or the Texas state championship?  To say that he 'placed first' doesn't tell the full story.

TechHog

His uncle put the 100m on twitter, there wasn't any other runner in the picture when he finished.  He looks the part.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: carolinahogger on March 07, 2016, 12:38:27 pm
What was it, a dual meet with a small school or the Texas state championship?  To say that he 'placed first' doesn't tell the full story.
Texas schools don't do duals, but it may have been a small meet at a lower division school.  The 100 meter time is solid, but not earth shattering by Texas HS standards, but it is early.  48'8" in the shot, for a RB, is incredible.  That will score points at most meets he attends this season.
He was a beast.  First meet of the season, he beat me in the shot by 1/2" at just under 50', beat me in the Discus by right about a foot, don't remember the distance, but I was just ok at Disc, so nothing great, then anchored the 4x400 relay and made up 150 meters, caught and passed our anchor guy to win the event and barely pass us to win the meet.  This was a varsity meet at his home track in Fairfield, Texas and we were the only two freshmen there.  He was just a plain beast.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Biggus Piggus

Never seen that kind of trifecta. Impressive.
[CENSORED]!

Nashville Fan

His relay team probably would have had a faster time if he would have ran two legs of the race
Pittman or Bust!

murthage

To better understand his 100 meter accomplishment, look at the following comparison:

Devwah Whaley of Beaumont, (Texas) Central placed first in the 100 meters on Saturday with a time of 10.67.
Which is a 100yd dash time of 9.7566 ... if I converted properly.   :razorback: :razorback:

DeAngelo Williams still holds the state 4A record in the 100-meter dash with an electronically-timed 10.81 seconds, in 2001.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 07, 2016, 01:15:55 pm
Texas schools don't do duals, but it may have been a small meet at a lower division school.  The 100 meter time is solid, but not earth shattering by Texas HS standards, but it is early.  48'8" in the shot, for a RB, is incredible.  That will score points at most meets he attends this season.
He was a beast.  First meet of the season, he beat me in the shot by 1/2" at just under 50', beat me in the Discus by right about a foot, don't remember the distance, but I was just ok at Disc, so nothing great, then anchored the 4x400 relay and made up 150 meters, caught and passed our anchor guy to win the event and barely pass us to win the meet.  This was a varsity meet at his home track in Fairfield, Texas and we were the only two freshmen there.  He was just a plain beast.

Good info man, thanks for sharing