Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by Richard Davenport, March 01, 2016, 12:02:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

Good news on Brown. Lord knows we need some help on the way in the secondary.

ADavisTheGOAT

Thinking Brown gets an offer on his visit.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

26.2Hog

Tank Jenkins. That's a great name for an offensive lineman.

MS_HogFan

Richard

Dumb question about Addison Gumbs

As far as I know Addison is the only guy from Cali that we have offered. Why him? Out of all the studs they have out there how did they choose this guy? Is there some type of connection between this young man and our coaches?

I do not mean for this to be any type of shot at him. He looks to be really good with a lot of nice offers. I have just always wondered how it worked.
SOOIE

ricepig

Quote from: MS_HogFan on March 01, 2016, 02:01:15 pm
Richard

Dumb question about Addison Gumbs

As far as I know Addison is the only guy from Cali that we have offered. Why him? Out of all the studs they have out there how did they choose this guy? Is there some type of connection between this young man and our coaches?

I do not mean for this to be any type of shot at him. He looks to be really good with a lot of nice offers. I have just always wondered how it worked.

http://247sports.com/player/colby-parkinson-79791
http://247sports.com/player/chuck-filiaga-75977
http://247sports.com/player/aaron-banks-75957

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 01, 2016, 01:31:45 pm

Goodness, I would sure hope so

MS_HogFan

Rice
I figured it out all on my own. Are you proud of me?
SOOIE

ricepig

Quote from: MS_HogFan on March 01, 2016, 02:45:32 pm
Rice
I figured it out all on my own. Are you proud of me?

Yes!

Oklahawg

Sounds like a rather big Junior Weekend is on the horizon.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

COCHISE

I'm liking the reputation and the recognition our o-line is gaining among recruits.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 01, 2016, 01:31:45 pm

If he gets offered, I predict he commits on the spot. Kids don't just say a school is their dream school unless they are ready to commit.

I just hope the coaches don't hold on offering him until later assuming he's ours. We've got bitten doing that in the past.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

PorkRinds

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 02, 2016, 08:38:51 am
If he gets offered, I predict he commits on the spot. Kids don't just say a school is their dream school unless they are ready to commit.

I just hope the coaches don't hold on offering him until later assuming he's ours. We've got bitten doing that in the past.

Oh we have?  What player did that happen with?

southarkhog06

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 02, 2016, 08:40:39 am
Oh we have?  What player did that happen with?
you know that one guy, that decommitted from the school that offered him early and signed with a school that offered just as late as we did. I cant remember his name though, nobody has ever brought him up in this forum.

jackflash

I like the video of the LB from California would be a big get for the Hogs

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 02, 2016, 08:38:51 am

You mean the guy that wasn't academically eligible until we offered?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2016, 10:04:19 am
Well if it's the same guy I'm thinking of then the school he did ultimately commit to and who offered almost as late as we did apparently had some questions about him as well. Otherwise why would THEY also wait as long...see how that works ???

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 02, 2016, 10:33:41 am
Well if it's the same guy I'm thinking of then the school he did ultimately commit to and who offered almost as late as we did apparently had some questions about him as well. Otherwise why would THEY also wait as long...see how that works ???

You realize I'm with you, not agin you???

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2016, 12:46:42 pm
You realize I'm with you, not agin you???
I got your back.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2016, 10:04:19 am

Or the guy that we offered only after he became academically eligible?
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 02, 2016, 05:27:52 pm
Or the guy that we offered only after he became academically eligible?

Yeah, that said it a little more "plainer".....

PorkRinds

Heck with all that's come out about Strong's recruiting tactics it could make you wonder if it was all part of the show when it comes to he who evidently must not be named. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 02, 2016, 05:43:04 pm
Heck with all that's come out about Strong's recruiting tactics it could make you wonder if it was all part of the show when it comes to he who evidently must not be named.
Ya figure the kid who came up several weeks before NSD and apparently obviously disrupted things by his tweeting and such for Texass was an advance scout trying to learn as much about the "enemy" as possible? Nah, can't believe I'd possibly think that since old Charlie's just a good ole Arkansas boy who shares a supreme love of his state and everything Razorback.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 02, 2016, 05:59:02 pm
Ya figure the kid who came up several weeks before NSD and apparently obviously disrupted things by his tweeting and such for Texass was an advance scout trying to learn as much about the "enemy" as possible? Nah, can't believe I'd possibly think that since old Charlie's just a good ole Arkansas boy who shares a supreme love of his state and everything Razorback.

I think y'all give Texass too much credit, I don't give someone only capable of 59 yards of offense in a game, enough brainpower to come up with such a plan.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2016, 06:09:59 pm
I think y'all give Texass too much credit, I don't give someone only capable of 59 yards of offense in a game, enough brainpower to come up with such a plan.
Oh man, now THAT'S COLD!!!!!  ;D :) :D ;) :o 8) :P :'(

JIHawg

He was smart enough to get some shoes from the wife of, oh never mind.