Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for deer lease members

Started by Virgil, March 09, 2016, 01:26:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil

We are currently looking for some members for our lease in Carthage (just SW of Sheridan).  Roughly 2300 acres.

We have two options:

All game hunters is $800 a year.  This amount hasn't been the norm until the last two seasons.  It will normally be around $700.  All depends on the number of members and lease fees that seem to go up every year.  We've been pretty picky on keeping the member numbers low but we're going to change that. 

Hog only hunters.  Right now we only charge half of the previous years amount of the All Game Hunters.  Last year it was $800 so the hog hunters fee is currently $400.  Can't hunt from September thru the end of December and April. 

We do have a camp area.  No power, will have to use a generator for RV.  Also our lease is alcohol/drug free with no tolerance at all. 

If anyone is interested or has questions please reply or PM me.

Thanks.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Virgil

LSUFan

No beer at beer camp is like biscuits without gravy.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

TheOtherColombia

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

LSUFan

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: LSUFan on March 10, 2016, 11:12:48 am
Jesus won't send deer around beer.
My current deer camp would disagree.

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

LSUFan

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 10, 2016, 09:41:35 am
Why no beer?

I can understand no alcohol while hunting and fully promote it.  However, after the day is done...sitting around the fire, have a drink.  If kids are around, just make sure EVERYONE watches their language.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

LSUFan

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Wayne Watson on March 10, 2016, 01:32:21 pm
I can understand no alcohol while hunting and fully promote it.  However, after the day is done...sitting around the fire, have a drink.  If kids are around, just make sure EVERYONE watches their language.
And this is exactly how it is done with my group.  We go out on a morning hunt, come back to the camp for some lunch.  The wives watch the kids.  Most of us will go back out for an evening hunt.  Once the sun goes down, we stand around the camp fire having a few beers and fun.  As long as you a responsible, I see no issue with knocking back a few.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Virgil on March 09, 2016, 01:26:22 pm
We are currently looking for some members for our lease in Carthage (just SW of Sheridan).  Roughly 2300 acres.

We have two options:

All game hunters is $800 a year.  This amount hasn't been the norm until the last two seasons.  It will normally be around $700.  All depends on the number of members and lease fees that seem to go up every year.  We've been pretty picky on keeping the member numbers low but we're going to change that. 

Hog only hunters.  Right now we only charge half of the previous years amount of the All Game Hunters.  Last year it was $800 so the hog hunters fee is currently $400.  Can't hunt from September thru the end of December and April. 

We do have a camp area.  No power, will have to use a generator for RV.  Also our lease is alcohol/drug free with no tolerance at all. 

If anyone is interested or has questions please reply or PM me.

Thanks.

How many members are going to be in the club for all game (deer)?
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

howie76

alcohol never seems to be a problem till its a problem then its a big problem.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: howie76 on March 12, 2016, 09:59:24 am
This is true, but you can figure out real quick who will be the problem and exclude them from the group.

Dropkick

I think I see why you are looking for members...........

Torqued pork

I drive Hwy. 270 between Sheridan and Malvern frequently and the number of deer I see is amazing. Some are even worthy of a spot on the wall.

PharmacistHog

What kind of timber do you have?  Is it mostly pine and thickets or bottoms or what?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

oldman1015

Quote from: howie76 on March 12, 2016, 09:59:24 am
the problem is when you run out of beer.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Virgil

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 11, 2016, 11:25:05 pm
How many members are going to be in the club for all game (deer)?

Between 16 and 20 members is the norm.  We typically only have a couple of hog hunters each year. 

Virgil

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 13, 2016, 12:30:36 pm
What kind of timber do you have?  Is it mostly pine and thickets or bottoms or what?

Pharm I replied to your IM.  To any others interested its 70-80% pines and the rest is hard woods.  There also plenty of thickets where the deer like to bed up. 

Virgil

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on March 09, 2016, 07:11:24 pm
Turkey?

Lots of turkey and not many that hunt them.  I know one of the turkey hunters we have down there limits out every season. 

Virgil

Still need about 2 more members if there is any interest.