Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two Arkies qualify for '16 Bassmaster Classic

Started by hogbud, September 23, 2015, 07:09:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogbud

It was a mediocre year for Arkansas anglers on the Bassmaster Elite circuit but Mark Davis (Mt. Ida) and Billy McCaghren (Mayflower) have qualified to fish in the 2016 Bassmaster Classic (March 4-6) to be held at Grand Lake in Oklahoma. Davis finished 36th in points and McCaghren wound up in 40th place. The top 40 qualified for the Classic which is huge regarding sponsorships, endorsements, etc. Davis' feat is impressive considering he fished the first three events with a spinning rod after coming off shoulder surgery.
The '16 Elite schedule has been released and Bull Shoals and Norfork will host a new event the will have the pros splitting time on two lakes in a 4-day event April 21-24.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogbud

Update....Bassmaster reported today that Davis has been diagnosed with skin cancer on lower lip and having surgery this week. Prayers to him and hope to see this legend back and fishing this Classic next spring.

Chuck Boarris

I'm a huge fan of Mark Davis. I hope he gets better soon.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.