Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rams fire Fisher.

Started by ricepig, December 12, 2016, 02:52:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PintailKiller

Didn't he just get a contract extension?
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

oldhog63

The Hard Knocks curse strikes again.

ricepig

Quote from: PintailKiller on December 12, 2016, 03:14:01 pm
Didn't he just get a contract extension?

Just announced a couple of weeks ago, supposedly worked out earlier in the year.

Deep Shoat

Great!  A new DC candidate!
All Gas, No Brakes!

ricepig

HF#1

Took them long enough. I've never known a time when he wasn't a garbage head coach.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Inhogswetrust

They couldn't fire the owner.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Ex-Trumpet

Everyone knew the Rams were gonna suck.  They suck.  That's what they do.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HF#1 on December 12, 2016, 03:46:47 pm
Took them long enough. I've never known a time when he wasn't a garbage head coach.

Amen.  Outside of a couple of years with the Titans when McNair was performing at an MVP level, he's never done anything as a head coach.  Hard to believe he's been employed as long as he has, and what's really sad is that somebody like the Browns or 49ers will probably hire him next.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

root_hawg

Harbaugh back to the pros?

Smalltownhog95

University plane spotted at XNA. Came from LA ;D
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

LZH

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ricepig

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ricepig on December 12, 2016, 04:42:13 pm
Does he run the 3-4?

I hope not.
We can usually patch a fairly talented DLine together, but we can't attract SEC quality Linebackers with a bus load of Swedish strippers and Patron Anejo Tequila.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ricepig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 12, 2016, 04:49:23 pm
I hope not.
We can usually patch a fairly talented DLine together, but we can't attract SEC quality Linebackers with a bus load of Swedish strippers and Patron Anejo Tequila.

Well, you'll get to watch some next year, from the sound of things.

a0ashle

In regards to the extension, His agent is the father of their COO. Little back scratching going on.

ricepig

Quote from: a0ashle on December 12, 2016, 05:19:21 pm
In regards to the extension, His agent is the father of their COO. Little back scratching going on.

Stan needs to fire someone, better yet, Ann needs to fire Stan.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ricepig on December 12, 2016, 05:12:48 pm
Well, you'll get to watch some next year, from the sound of things.

I guess in my absence, I've missed this.

We're going to the 3-4?

Exactly why are we doing this?
I was told we had a legit 8 man deep DL.

Greenlaw goes down and our cruddy defense gets worse because he was one of a very few that had both the talent and knowledge to play linebacker.

Now we're going to add a fourth linebacker position to the field and shrink a defensive line position?

What's the rationale?
His response to me:

ricepig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 12, 2016, 05:25:52 pm

We're going to the 3-4?

Greenlaw goes down and our cruddy defense gets worse because he was one of a very few that had both the talent and knowledge to play linebacker.

Now we're going to add a fourth linebacker position to the field and shrink a defensive line position?

What's the rationale?

I'm pretty sure he discussed it today, as did Smith.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2016/dec/12/13191/
http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2016/dec/12/13193/

PonderinHog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 12, 2016, 05:25:52 pm

We're going to the 3-4?

What's the rationale?
Eriehog will have to explain it for you.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 12, 2016, 05:29:24 pm
Eriehog will have to explain it for you.

It won't be official until Biggus corrects him.

sickboy

Guys... I'm a Rams fan. Stay the heck away from Jeff Fisher in any way possible. He's Houston Nutt without the ra-ra attitude, but still very player friendly and way, way, way less productive. You don't want him anywhere near Arkansas football. Trust me. Pox be upon any program/franchise that hires him.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: root_hawg on December 12, 2016, 04:27:32 pm
Harbaugh back to the pros?

I would be very surprised if he ever left Michigan. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

onebadrubi

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on December 12, 2016, 06:23:55 pm
I would be very surprised if he ever left Michigan.

He won't be at Michigan forever.  He will have to learn to win games outside of Michigan and to beat Ohio state or his term will also end like the last few coaches there, even though he has a hype machine rolling.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on December 12, 2016, 04:31:34 pm
University plane spotted at XNA. Came from LA ;D

Get Jayco on the line...STAT!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 12, 2016, 07:03:48 pm
He won't be at Michigan forever.  He will have to learn to win games outside of Michigan and to beat Ohio state or his term will also end like the last few coaches there, even though he has a hype machine rolling.

Unless he has a total collapse and starts going 7-5 and 8-4s he will be there for a long time if he wants to be.  First 2 seasons there both 10 win seasons. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bennyl08

Fisher is the type of coach who could take Vandy's team and go 8-8 in the NFL or take the NE Patriots and go 6-6 in the Sun Belt. That level of consistency from him is honestly impressive.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse