Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Agent S, October 16, 2016, 06:21:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent S

HoginIllinois

Okie State?? They're not even in our conference.

Dr. Starcs

Dr. Starcs

The haters on this board are awfully quiet.

Don't worry, they'll come out as soon as they lose again.

alohawg

Great weekend for us Hog and Cowboy fans. ;D ;D ;D
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

LCAPTP

Just imagine how much better they would be with DMac healthy.  ;)

EastexHawg

Quote from: LCAPTP on October 17, 2016, 09:04:15 am

That's right.  The line blocked much better in 2014 when Murray was starting...and they are blocking much better again in 2016 for Elliott.  It is the only possible explanation...

BTW, Oakland's did the same.

Dr. Starcs

Dmac was 4th leading rusher in the league last year. He was the least of their problems.

Give me a break.

WooPig90

Quote from: LCAPTP on October 17, 2016, 09:04:15 am

Lol no. Zeke will be the best back in the NFL soon if not this year already

bennyl08

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 16, 2016, 09:15:47 pm
The haters on this board are awfully quiet.

Don't worry, they'll come out as soon as they lose again.

The biggest haters of the cowboys are their own fans. The only other people who think much about the cowboys are their division rivals and fans. Patriots and Seahawks have haters.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Dr. Starcs

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 17, 2016, 02:08:58 pm
Dmac was 4th leading rusher in the league last year. He was the least of their problems.

Give me a break.

Even in a year when the Cowboys had no QB and really needed to rely on the running game, McFadden wasn't able to shoulder the load to the tune of more than 239 carries.  Yes, he gained a whopping 1,089 yards...running behind the best offensive line in football.  On the other hand, Murray ran for 1,845 the year before and Elliott is on pace for 1,875.

Last season was the only one in the last 15 years in which 1,089 would have ranked in the top ten in the league.  Darren is what he has been since he was drafted...a serviceable back.  Nothing more, nothing less.  No one in Dallas or anywhere else is chomping at the bit to put him back on the field as soon as he is ready to come back.

Elliott, on the other hand, is a stud.  Anyone who watches the two of them can see the difference.

Dr. Starcs

And what qb was dmac playing with?
Apples and oranges man.

There's no doubt Zeke is the better rb right now, but to diminish dmacs season last year is just hating.

And dmac didnt even get significant carries the first month iirc.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 18, 2016, 12:34:29 pm
And what qb was dmac playing with?
Apples and oranges man.

There's no doubt Zeke is the better rb right now, but to diminish dmacs season last year is just hating.

And dmac didnt even get significant carries the first month iirc.

No, I just get tired of the excuses constantly made for Darren.  In Oakland it was that the Raiders offensive line couldn't have blocked for Jim Brown.  As soon as Darren leaves...and really even when he was there...other backs seem to be able to gain yardage just fine.

I said as soon as Jerry Jones decided to let Murray go that the offense...and the team...would suffer greatly.  That was dismissed with "anyone could rack up huge numbers running behind that line."  Gee, how did that turn out?  Darren comes in, starts one year, barely gets into four figures, and the season is a disaster.  The excuse at that point was, "Yeah, but they played the season without Romo and Dez!"  Guess who isn't playing this year, either.

Dak Prescott has been a solid QB, but he's still not having to carry the load because the running game has been tremendous.  Elliott is not only productive but a workhorse.  He is on pace for 365 carries this year.  As mentioned earlier, Darren carried 239 times last year.  That 126 carry difference means 126 fewer times Prescott, Romo, or whoever is playing QB has to drop back, throw the ball, and possibly take a beating.

Throughout his entire career, this board has attempted to carve Darren and his own performance out of every situation, to blame everyone and everything else while maintaining that he is a better NFL back than his production shows him to be.  Casting all that aside and calling it what it is isn't "hating", it's just reality.

The Cowboys saw Darren up close last year and they spent an early first round draft pick on his replacement.  What does that tell you?

DeltaBoy

Solid but ugly win over Philly.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DLUXHOG

Tied with New England for best record in the NFL!...... go Hogs.... go Cowboys!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jswineberiaskirk

Never been a Cowboys fan but always liked Dak when he played in college and enjoy seeing him have success now. They are fools if they ever put Romo back in.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on November 07, 2016, 02:48:08 pm
Never been a Cowboys fan but always liked Dak when he played in college and enjoy seeing him have success now. They are fools if they ever put Romo back in.
Dak & Prescott have the "winners mystique" for sure..........   Romo.... it comes and goes.

DeltaBoy

Dominate win over the hapless Browns.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Dr. Starcs

HiggiePiggy

Man cowboys are looking pretty good this year.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

alohawg

So many Cowboy fans around Oahu lately, lol.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: alohawg on November 13, 2016, 08:09:15 pm
So many Cowboy fans around Oahu lately, lol.

I'm not a cowboy fan.  I'm really not much of a fan of any team in the pros.  I do like watching players though since I play fantasy football. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DLUXHOG

The Cowboys had an awesome win at Pittsburg last night (game changed leads something like 7 times)!    With New England losing yesterday, the Cowboys have the best record in the NFL at 8-1!

LCAPTP

Tomlin screwed himself on the failed 2-pt conversion attempts.

Jackrabbit Hog

Elliott has proven me wrong so far.  I thought coming out of OSU he was a little overrated and possibly had a "me first" attitude that wouldn't translate well to the pros.  So far I guess I'm wrong on both counts.

I was right on Prescott, however.  Since our oldest daughter graduated from MSU, we got to see him play in person quite a few times during his career (whenever the Hogs were playing away games or had a bye, of course).  I knew he would need some polish but all the tools were there, and by all accounts he is a very good person and a team-oriented player.  I figured someone would get a steal when they drafted him, especially if it was after the 2nd round.

Both, however, are benefitting immensely from the O-Line play. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeltaBoy

Yep the Boys got a solid O-line and Dak and Elliott been in Beast mode all year.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 16, 2016, 10:40:05 am
Yep the Boys got a solid O-line and Dak and Elliott been in Beast mode all year.
They have a shot in setting a team record for consecutive wins this weekend.....  WPS & go Cowboys...

holeinthewall

Giants will beat Dallas in NY in week 15 and win the East.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 16, 2016, 03:19:43 pm
Considering that NY beat Dallas in their first game on the Cowboys home field by one point back in September, you may have a point, but....

• it was Prescott and Elliott's first NFL game and they've progressively and dramatically gotten better, week over week..
  • clock management lost the game for the Cowboys, not really play..
  • New York had a fully experienced NFL roster..

So, simply put, I wouldn't put money on the Giants for this one.................  not saying the Cowboys are unbeatable, but it's PAYBACK time........

DeltaBoy

Boyz win again over the Ravens.

IronHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 18, 2016, 09:04:39 am
Even in a year when the Cowboys had no QB and really needed to rely on the running game, McFadden wasn't able to shoulder the load to the tune of more than 239 carries.  Yes, he gained a whopping 1,089 yards...running behind the best offensive line in football.  On the other hand, Murray ran for 1,845 the year before and Elliott is on pace for 1,875.

Last season was the only one in the last 15 years in which 1,089 would have ranked in the top ten in the league.  Darren is what he has been since he was drafted...a serviceable back.  Nothing more, nothing less.  No one in Dallas or anywhere else is chomping at the bit to put him back on the field as soon as he is ready to come back.

Elliott, on the other hand, is a stud.  Anyone who watches the two of them can see the difference.

10 years of age......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 20, 2016, 03:38:48 pm
Boyz win again over the Ravens.
It's a good thing the Ravens didn't play Mallett........ ;)

HawgWild

Nice to see the Boys back. It's been a long wait. Romo couldn't get it done. Maybe this year.

goodguytex

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 16, 2016, 03:19:43 pm
Cowboys are up 2.5 games in the east. Rest of Dallas schedule are at Minnesota, Detroit at home, Tampa bay at home, at new York and at Philadelphia. So for new York to win the east new York would have to win out and Dallas would have to lost minimum 2 of the last 3. I can't see that happening.

Michaelt

I realize there is a LOT of football left to be played, but it would be cool if the Cowboys and the Raiders made it to the Super Bowl against each other.

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

alohawg

Quote from: Michaelt on November 28, 2016, 09:35:37 am
I realize there is a LOT of football left to be played, but it would be cool if the Cowboys and the Raiders made it to the Super Bowl against each other.

Mine would be a house divided.  :)
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

holeinthewall

Quote from: Michaelt on November 28, 2016, 09:35:37 am

I would hope the stadium exploded.

Michaelt

Quote from: goodguytex on November 24, 2016, 07:07:26 pm
Cowboys are up 2.5 games in the east. Rest of Dallas schedule are at Minnesota, Detroit at home, Tampa bay at home, at new York and at Philadelphia. So for new York to win the east new York would have to win out and Dallas would have to lost minimum 2 of the last 3. I can't see that happening.

The remaining games on the Cowboys schedule are no gimme's. At New York (who have won what, 6-7 straight now?) at Philly (always a tough game), Tampa Bay at home (should be a win but Tampa has put together some pretty good games)...

Minnesota should be a win Thursday night, and they should be able to get past the Lions.

NY Giants and Philly are must wins (division champ) and two out of the other three would probably secure home field for the playoffs.

I hate to root for them, but it would be nice if Pittsburgh could sneak up on NY Sunday and hand them another loss. I think the Redskins could be another loss for the Giants also.

Seattle has the Panthers and Packers next which could easily be two more losses for them.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Michaelt on November 29, 2016, 09:47:29 am
The remaining games on the Cowboys schedule are no gimme's. At New York (who have won what, 6-7 straight now?) at Philly (always a tough game), Tampa Bay at home (should be a win but Tampa has put together some pretty good games)...

Minnesota should be a win Thursday night, and they should be able to get past the Lions.

NY Giants and Philly are must wins (division champ) and two out of the other three would probably secure home field for the playoffs.

I hate to root for them, but it would be nice if Pittsburgh could sneak up on NY Sunday and hand them another loss. I think the Redskins could be another loss for the Giants also.

Seattle has the Panthers and Packers next which could easily be two more losses for them.

Giants have won 2 (two) straight... before that the Cowboys won the previous 5 (five) in a row........

Michaelt

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 29, 2016, 10:01:39 am
Giants have won 2 (two) straight... before that the Cowboys won the previous 5 (five) in a row........

No, not head to head...this season...Giants have won the last six games of their schedule this season.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Michaelt on November 29, 2016, 10:05:04 am
No, not head to head...this season...Giants have won the last six games of their schedule this season.

Sorry, I see... well... the Cowboys have won their last ten games of their schedule this season....

Michaelt

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 29, 2016, 10:10:05 am
Sorry, I see... well... the Cowboys have won their last ten games of their schedule this season....

True, only loss was NY at home. I'd love to see the Cowboys enter the playoffs at 15-1 and have all playoff games go through Dallas.

I think even a 14-2 record still secures home field.

riccoar

I think 13-3 would clinch it too, as long as both losses are not NFC East teams.

Richard_white

Considering the next best record in the NFC is sitting with 3 losses.  So Dallas wins tomorrow night they are automatically in the playoffs.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Michaelt on November 29, 2016, 10:13:02 am
True, only loss was NY at home. I'd love to see the Cowboys enter the playoffs at 15-1 and have all playoff games go through Dallas.

I think even a 14-2 record still secures home field.

Again, that loss was by only 1 point, inexperienced rookies first game versus an experienced NFL "powerhouse"....    I can't imagine that happening again as those rookies have gotten a lot of experience over the last 10 games.....    I could be wrong.........   we'll see tomorrow night in Minnesota.....

alohawg

Quote from: Richard_white on November 30, 2016, 09:53:44 am
Considering the next best record in the NFC is sitting with 3 losses.  So Dallas wins tomorrow night they are automatically in the playoffs.

Man, that just sounds so good.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

bennyl08

Quote from: Michaelt on November 29, 2016, 09:47:29 am

Not so sure I would use "easily" to describe the odds of the Packers or Panthers beating the Hawks. Every team has some bad weeks and I assume the loss to TB is what makes you think the seahawks could easily lose to those two teams. However, Hawks beat the patriots on a night when NE was playing well. Seattle has been a very good team a lot more often this season than they have been a bad team. Panthers and Packers will be lucky to make the playoffs this season without a major turnaround.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

holeinthewall

Thursday night road teams have played awful this year.  Tonight should be interesting. Hoping for a Vikings win and then a NY win next week.  That could put the Giants in 1st place.

Michaelt

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 01, 2016, 01:54:06 am
Not so sure I would use "easily" to describe the odds of the Packers or Panthers beating the Hawks. Every team has some bad weeks and I assume the loss to TB is what makes you think the seahawks could easily lose to those two teams. However, Hawks beat the patriots on a night when NE was playing well. Seattle has been a very good team a lot more often this season than they have been a bad team. Panthers and Packers will be lucky to make the playoffs this season without a major turnaround.

I agree that neither the Panthers nor the Packers will make the playoffs without a lot of things happening, but the Panthers gave Oakland all they wanted last week, and the Packers put together a pretty good game Monday night (it was against Philly but they still looked pretty good). Hawks have been off and on all season. Much of that has been to the injuries to Wilson and he's gotten healthier the last few weeks, but they have been inconsistent this season.