Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'M OUT!!!

Started by Maximus Tusk, September 14, 2016, 09:50:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Tusk

September 14, 2016, 09:50:53 am Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:02:32 am by Maximus Tusk
I've always been a big NFL fan but for years now, politics and political correctness has been creeping into all sports. The NFL is where I see the biggest impact and for me personally, I have had all I can stand. Last year, some players came onto the field supporting the "hands up don't shoot" movement. Now, one player decides to disrespect America by kneeling in protest to our national anthem. This led to many other's doing the same thing. That wasn't good enough, no, we have to see other players raise their fist to represent "black power".   I've read recent reports of kids in high school, junior high and right down to 12 year old's are kneeling in protest of our national anthem. Really? What has our country become? All I want to do is watch good football for crying out loud. When I tune in for some good game analysis, that's ALL I want.  I'm not concerned that the panel have the proper mix of race and gender, but I am a fan of proper English. If one can not speak it, why in the heck is that person even there? I'm looking forward to cancelling my NFL package on Direct TV. I'm sure I won't be missed but I'M OUT!

EastexHawg

And yet when the Cowboys asked the NFL for permission to wear a black sticker on the backs of their helmets for ONE PRESEASON GAME in honor of the five slain police officers they were denied.

Freedom of expression is only allowed if you are expressing the "correct" thoughts and viewpoints.

pigture perfect

I was thinking the same thing. I'm even less sympathetic now to the plight that these guys are speaking of.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

holeinthewall

Quote from: Maximus Tusk on September 14, 2016, 09:50:53 am
I've always been a big NFL fan but for years now, politics and political correctness has been creeping into all sports. The NFL is where I see the biggest impact and for me personally, I have had all I can stand. Last year, some players came onto the field supporting the "hands up don't shoot" movement. Now, one player decides to disrespect America by kneeling in protest to our national anthem. This led to many other's doing the same thing. That wasn't good enough, no, we have to see other players raise their fist to represent "black power".   I've read recent reports of kids in high school, junior high and right down to 12 year old's are kneeling in protest of our national anthem. Really? What has our country become? All I want to do is watch good football for crying out loud. When I tune in for some good game analysis, that's ALL I want.  I'm not concerned that the panel have the proper mix of race and gender, but I am a fan of proper English. If one can not speak it, why in the heck is that person even there? I'm looking forward to cancelling my NFL package on Direct TV. I'm sure I won't be missed but I'M OUT!

I seriously thought about cancelling my NFL ticket also but in the end I just hurt myself by not seeing the games I want to  see.  If I was an owner I would tell those ungrateful bustards stand the F up or I will cut your ass.

The whole NC thing is total BS too.  I have twin daughters I assure there is no way when they were 4 or 5 they would be allowed to go into a bathroom if a guy went in there. You can put a white person and a black person across from each other and they can say the same exact thing to each other. The difference being that makes the white person a racist and the black person is standing up for himself because h has been held down by the man.

Dr. Starcs

Yep, the ncaa is getting just as bad.

phadedhawg

I'm glad the Seahawks team protest didn't materialize and instead it was a show of unity.  But honestly I'd rather not know what my favorite player feels about something that doesn't affect them. 

There are serious injustices in our country but they more follow class and not race.  Cops violate civil rights of Americans everyday, it's not just one race.  When you make it all about race you are missing the bigger picture.  Injustices will happen as long as police are allowed to use civil asset forfeiture to take what they want from people who can't afford to defend their property in court.  If "leaders" focused on things that would improve life for everybody instead of just one preferred group there might be less backlash against the "movement". 

White people get beaten just as often by cops.  It's kinda silly to just focus on one group's treatment but hey...that's America 2016. 

The NCAA has no room to talk about injustice.  They make millions off of kids who get in trouble if they purchase the wrong thing from the campus bookstore.   

Grag T

Apparently most people aren't watching the NFL anymore, based on their horrendous ratings this season.  I think I've watched about 5 minutes of a broncos game and switched it from lack of interest.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Dr. Starcs

The nfl game is waaayyy too many commercials. Only reason I watch is for the Cowboys and fantasy team.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 14, 2016, 12:07:46 pm
And yet when the Cowboys asked the NFL for permission to wear a black sticker on the backs of their helmets for ONE PRESEASON GAME in honor of the five slain police officers they were denied.

Freedom of expression is only allowed if you are expressing the "politically correct" thoughts and viewpoints.
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

kodiakisland

The problem is it hasn't been that entertaining for some time.  For me, free agency has somewhat killed the team aspect of the game as it is almost a whole new team every couple of years.  Now that politics has gotten injected into the game, I'm even less interested.  I've yet to sit down and watch a game this year and am not missing it.

What's strange to me is the NFL has been very limiting on any personal expression of any kind, and yet they are allowing this to go on.  Remember, there is no constitutional right to protest at work on the job.  If you get to, it's because your employer allows it.  Protest all you want on your own time, but your employer has a say on what you do at work.  The NFL has made a choice to allow this protest when they have not allowed so many other things. 
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

kodiakisland

Yeah, the election.  That's probably it.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

pigture perfect

I haven't watched a single minute of NFL this season. I was expecting a bitter divorce, but it has been pretty easy really. There are always other sports on.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"