Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kaepernick

Started by ricepig, August 27, 2016, 10:23:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhawg

This one of those things that if everyone would just ignore it it would go away.   We r just giving him what he wants.

discombobulationist

I don't mind Kaepernick kneeling so much. He's free to be as stupid as he wants to be. I'm more disgusted with ESPN. They showed him for pretty much the entire anthem, ignoring the flag. Then they had to go to a sideline reporter to tell us what we just saw. They are setting this puke up to win the Courage Award at the ESPY's this year. Jenner and Kaepernick should be our kids' role models I guess.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

hoglady

Quote from: hawkhawg on September 12, 2016, 09:41:21 pm
This one of those things that if everyone would just ignore it it would go away.   We r just giving him what he wants.

I ignored him - I didn't watch the game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Wildhog

Quote from: hoglady on September 12, 2016, 11:35:05 pm
I ignored him - I didn't watch the game.

It was pretty much impossible to watch, anyway.  Just terrible football.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DLUXHOG

Colin ("Hero" to many) is so wise that he didn't even vote..........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 09, 2016, 05:12:52 pm
Colin ("Hero" to many) is so wise that he didn't even vote..........

Ok. What is wrong with that? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

311Hog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 09, 2016, 06:46:02 pm

sorry but if you are taking political "stands" on things you got to at least vote.  vote for anyone vote for a write in candidate but to not do it all is just bull

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 09, 2016, 06:46:02 pm

His refusal/neglect to vote pretty much nullifies any credibility he had as a leading spokesman for social injustice.  You want to be an activist?  You want to try to effect change?  Vote.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HiggiePiggy

He has the right to vote or not. It doesn't change how he feels about injustice. He might not want to choose any of the people because he might not believe in any of them.  Just because a person doesn't vote doesn't mean they can't protest against something.

311Hog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 10, 2016, 04:14:48 pm
He has the right to vote or not. It doesn't change how he feels about injustice. He might not want to choose any of the people because he might not believe in any of them.  Just because a person doesn't vote doesn't mean they can't protest against something.

he could have voted for Deez nuts lol there are more things on the ballot than just the vote for President to skip all of that is irresponsible and it does IMHO dent his credibility.

HiggiePiggy

It still doesn't mean he can not protest what he believes in.

311Hog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 10, 2016, 06:59:12 pm

of course it doesn't, but it can mean I care less now then I did before.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 311Hog on November 10, 2016, 08:46:03 pm
of course it doesn't, but it can mean I care less now then I did before.

I never cared to begin with.

alohawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 10, 2016, 06:59:12 pm

He can do whatever he likes, but not voting makes all of his complaints ring hollow because when his opportunity to effect change came he declined. So, screw him, he's an idiot.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoglady

Stephen A Smith just shreds Kaepernick.
http://thebiglead.com/2016/11/09/stephen-a-smith-shreds-colin-kaepernick-for-not-voting/

"He absolutely betrayed his cause. As far as I'm concerned Colin Kaepernick is absolutely irrelevant. I don't want to see him again, I don't want to hear from him again, I don't want to hear a damn word about anything that he has to say about our nation, the issues that we have, racial injustices, needing change, etc. etc. He comes across as a flaming hypocrite. As far as I'm concerned I'm not interested in a damn word that he has to say. And quite frankly I hope he goes away."
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

cosmodrum

I'm all for people peacefully protesting, and frankly, I dont even mind the manner in which he did it, because it is a very effective way of making sure your message gets seen, but to basically say, "meh, whatevs" when it comes to THIS election, just shows he's FOS.

Go away, batin'

hoglady

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 12, 2016, 12:48:16 am
I'm all for people peacefully protesting, and frankly, I dont even mind the manner in which he did it, because it is a very effective way of making sure your message gets seen, but to basically say, "meh, whatevs" when it comes to THIS election, just shows he's FOS.

Stephen A Smith was on Bill O'Reilly tonight.
He's still fuming over it.
Basically, said he was floored that Kaepernick doesn't understand that lots of people fought, sacrificed and many lost their lives so that he could walk into that voting booth. Said anyone not concerned enough to vote /then isn't really concerned about civil rights or making this country a better place.

Torqued pork

His presence at any voting precinct would've created a big stir and it's not like another California vote for Hillary was going to change anything. I probably disagree with the guy on every issue, but he likely did himself and every voter at his precinct a favor by staying away.

hoglady

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 14, 2016, 03:50:30 am
His presence at any voting precinct would've created a big stir and it's not like another California vote for Hillary was going to change anything. I probably disagree with the guy on every issue, but he likely did himself and every voter at his precinct a favor by staying away.

I'm sure there were other things on the ballot besides the Presidential election.
Possibly some local contests or initiatives / representative or senatorial contests - state or federal.
Many things that probably have a more profound impact on people's everyday lives.
If he's truly concerned about the plight of the citizens in his community - he would have educated himself and voted.
Sorry, he took that baton himself and now he's dropped it.

Wildhog

He scored 21.65 points for my fantasy team this week. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 14, 2016, 03:50:30 am

Uh, absentee ballot?   Duh..
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Wildhog on November 14, 2016, 01:07:36 pm
He scored 21.65 points for my fantasy team this week. 

Their running game has gone to darn since he took over for Gabbert. Glad I have Hyde and Harris. They combined for like 5 points yesterday.
Go away, batin'

Torqued pork

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 14, 2016, 01:19:49 pm
Uh, absentee ballot?   Duh..
The truth is I would encourage all those with the political beliefs as Kaepernick to stay home instead of voting.

pigture perfect

I agree with Stephen  A. When he knelt down, he became part of the problem. If he would have voted either way, we would be a part of the solution.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pigsknuckles

People confuse the right to free speech as freedom from consequences. The only thing constitutionally guaranteed about free speech (and note that freedom of expression is not mentioned), is the right to state your opinion without being prosecuted by the government. After that, you are at the mercy of public opinion and your employers public image policies.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Torqued pork

It could be that Kaepernick looks at racism as a societal issue instead of a political issue that can be fixed by politicians. Since '08 we've elected and re-elected a relatively young and progressive AA to be our prez, yet near the end of his administration one could easily conclude you would have to go back to the 1960's or 70's to find a time when there was more tension between the races. How can that be if racism can be fixed via politicians?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 15, 2016, 11:26:07 am
It could be that Kaepernick looks at racism as a societal issue instead of a political issue that can be fixed by politicians. Since '08 we've elected and re-elected a relatively young and progressive AA to be our prez, yet near the end of his administration one could easily conclude you would have to go back to the 1960's or 70's to find a time when there was more tension between the races. How can that be if racism can be fixed via politicians?

That's a good point, although I'm not sure Kaepernick would explain it as well as you did.  But to your point, politicians can't change the way you were brought up, or how your thoughts and opinions have been formed by your life experiences.  Or what you may have been taught via watching and listening to your parents, grandparents, or other influential people in your life.  As they say, racism isn't something you are born with; it's something you are taught (so to speak).  Some people change as they grow older and confront the realization that the racism within them, however subtle, is wrong.  Other people continue letting it fester and grow as they get older. 

I would imagine 100% of the posters that are members of Hogville would say they are not racists.  I would further imagine that 50% of them would be lying.  Maybe not overt racists; maybe not even conscious racists.  But somewhere within them there is a fear or a distrust or just an uncomfortable feeling about those who aren't the same race as them.  It's sad, but it's human nature. 

holeinthewall

QuoteHow can that be if racism can be fixed via politicians?

Obama didn't try to ease tensions if anything he increased them with his response or lack of responses to cop shootings and the ensuing riots.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net