Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

30-35 high school coaches at practice.

Started by ballz2thewall, March 02, 2018, 10:23:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on March 03, 2018, 01:00:02 pm
I'm sorry, you're an idiot and you prove it often.

Just a cameraman? Continues to show your stupidity.

Someone's feelings are hurt, lol. At least I don't prove it all the time, like some... :-\ ^^^^

Chad Morris may never win a game as the Hog Head Coach but, I like the approach he takes.  I personally feel better that we have coach that is showing effort that has proven in times past to work better.  One of things a program like Arkansas needs is to work harder and be more productive IN AN ATTEMPT to make us better.

There is a difference in just mentioning that if you are in the area, stop by and publically saying we really would enjoy you folks coming up and we'll bust our asses to make your trip worthwhile.  We really want to see you folks.

redhogchilipepper

ricepig

redhogchilipepper

ricepig

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on March 03, 2018, 06:36:38 pm
That wasn't a joke just the truth

Well, maybe you need to label them, or change the font so we'll know when you're joking, and when you're not. Enjoy your night.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2018, 11:48:52 am
The kids walking the hall for the biggest part have played Jr high ball and didn't like football for some reason

Maybe issues w the coach...

Maybe their mother didn't want them to play....

Maybe they though bball was their game...

Maybe they hit a growth spurt and changed their mind...

Many, many reasons kids walk the halls in h.s. and don't go out for football. I know for a fact we had 3 in my h.s. (one was a Hispanic soccer player, ended up being a good kicker) the other 2 didn't like our middle school coach, they came back out their Soph year and became studs. Both were already good in bball and track....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BoynamedWooPigSooie

We should all not just recognize but be thankful that we have a coach now that really gets it from the bottom to the top.  Morris is humble and thankful for this opportunities.  We've had some real jackasses of human beings as HC's since Ken Hatfield. You've got to have a certain level of confidence and cockiness to be a HC at the D1 level but Ford, Nutt, Petrino & Bielema took being conceited to new levels.

Not one of them ever attempted to bring in Jr. High and HS coaches and tried to plant seeds in Arkansas kids super early.  Teach them the expectations and operations of the program and hook them. Give them a sense of ownership in the program as 7th graders, give them a sense of being part of it even as a little kid and you cement that love for the helmet. You put an expectation in their mind and you'll see kids rise to meet that expectation.

Now by the time they're HS Sr's only a handful will have the required tools to be scholarship athletes at the U. of A, but you'll have thousands of kids that are die-hard Razorbacks at heart.

The first step to that is what Coach Morris is doing by rolling out the red carpet for the HS coaches and they'll take part of the program back to their schools and Arkansas begins to become tradition in those schools and all the schools these coaches go to in the future.

It's only a good thing that can pay off in spades down the road
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 03, 2018, 06:51:16 pm
Maybe issues w the coach...

Maybe their mother didn't want them to play....

Maybe they though bball was their game...

Maybe they hit a growth spurt and changed their mind...

Many, many reasons kids walk the halls in h.s. and don't go out for football. I know for a fact we had 3 in my h.s. (one was a Hispanic soccer player, ended up being a good kicker) the other 2 didn't like our middle school coach, they came back out their Soph year and became studs. Both were already good in bball and track....

No doubt, lots of kids don't make the move from Jr high to Sr high. I'd say 30-40% of the 9th graders at our Jr highs don't play their sophomore year. It's a big step up in size and ability.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2018, 11:22:13 am
If course, there was always one of these, "in the 6th grade league he was a beast,

This one made me laugh and brought back memories!  ;)  Played for Kimmons in Ft. Smith in the 7th grade and we played Van Buren in basketball.  They had the biggest,meanest mother I'd ever played against.  Ran into him at Westark a few years later and he was all of 5'7" and a wuss.  ;) 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

SSFrazorback

This could have benefits beyond just the coaches invited. If you're a coach that hasn't met him and he's coming to your school to see a recruit you'd most likely ask some other coach's that you've worked with about him.

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 02, 2018, 01:14:54 pm
he certainly isn "C" BB anymore.

more like Retired and chilling with the fam BB

John Gruden has the "FFCA", the "Fired Football Coaches Association".  I guess we could always throw the "F" in front of "CBB" for the correct effect.

May Bielema be referred to from here on as "FCBB".