Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walk-On Tryouts Today (March 1)

Started by NuttinItUp, February 28, 2018, 07:40:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

February 28, 2018, 07:40:21 am Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:18:04 am by NuttinItUp
If you know any current students who are athletic and could qualify, make sure to pass along the info to them so they get their butts out there to tryouts tomorrow today:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/walk-on-tryout-for-university-of-arkansas-students/

Deep Shoat

Well, THIS is going to piss off some Hogville posters...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 28, 2018, 07:57:32 am
Well, THIS is going to piss off some Hogville posters...

Yea that's just not right, how can they disqualify me just because i'm Not a student.  And 60 is NOT to old!!! 

I'm offended!

DeltaBoy

Good luck to the guys trying out.  Hope we find some diamonds in the ruff.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 28, 2018, 08:27:55 am
Yea that's just not right, how can they disqualify me just because i'm Not a student.  And 60 is NOT to old!!! 

I'm offended!

Hey now, no one says that you cannot walk on at 60 if you still have eligibility left and are athletic enough. Just register and take some classes.
I am sure UA has a few 60-year-old students on campus.

:P :P :P

BearsBisonsBoars

PorkSoda

Quote from: NuttinItUp on February 28, 2018, 09:44:15 am
Hey now, no one says that you cannot walk on at 60 if you still have eligibility left and are athletic enough. Just register and take some classes.
I am sure UA has a few 60-year-old students on campus.

:P :P :P

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/11/19/joe-thomas-55-years-old-south-carolina-state/94128238/

"Joe Thomas Sr, 55, became the oldest Division I football player to take the field when he took a handoff and ran for three yards on Saturday afternoon."
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 28, 2018, 01:26:31 pm
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/11/19/joe-thomas-55-years-old-south-carolina-state/94128238/

"Joe Thomas Sr, 55, became the oldest Division I football player to take the field when he took a handoff and ran for three yards on Saturday afternoon."

That is actually pretty cool

DeltaBoy

Any report on numbers and such?
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dark Helmet Hog

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 28, 2018, 10:31:01 am
Hogville Walks On

Hahahaha yup. I do hope some Rudy or Joe Thomas Sr story comes out of this. However I fully understand the massive gap between the D1 athlete and most average Joes.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

(notOM)Rebel123

Will there be much running involved?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

woodrow hog call

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 28, 2018, 01:26:31 pm

I'm older than that, and I can run three yards,

one time.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

East TN HAWG

Wonder if the number of walkons is similar to the scene in "Greater." Where it was called the Burlsworth effect. 

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 02, 2018, 08:29:49 am
Will there be much running involved?

Nope, just out of the locker room to where the dummies are.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2018, 02:28:20 pm
Nope, just out of the locker room to where the dummies are.

Naw....I'm out.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber