Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After watching

Started by porkrindjimmy, December 07, 2017, 09:55:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: cityhog on December 07, 2017, 11:50:54 pm
Cool. Was listening on the fly at work.
Maybe he should have said that twice.

TexArkHogFan

December 11, 2017, 09:44:24 am #101 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:12:46 am by TexArkHogFan
Quote from: Laughing Hog on December 11, 2017, 07:40:55 am
I would like to know what info you have that red bull is poison and dangerous. I am asking (for my own health)because I have drank my fare share (sugar free) and have looked for info showing problems and haven't found any so far. My personal doc as well as physician friends have never said red bull was damaging.

https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/nutrition/is-monster-bad-for-you-3-things-you-need-to-know/

I am an old man and I don't know how old you are but you have to consider the long term side effects.  Just like smoking it takes awhile for the bad stuff to happen.  It's just like anything else, moderation is the key.  I don't need or drink energy drinks.  Give me my morning cup of coffee and I'm good to go.  I turned 83 two days ago.  Next question.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Danimal

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 07, 2017, 10:08:20 pm
I think with the schedule we have we can get to 6 or 7 wins. 

He is a good good ole boy which fits.  Good part of Bielema and the salesmanship of Nutt.

We've always gotten help from Texas.  Maybe/should get a little more.  Don't want to become a second tier B12 program though trying to compete in the SECW.  Morris seems to be smart enough to know he can't do that as he has seen what a program is supposed to look like at Clemson - the Auburn of the ACC. 

Cautiously optimistic.
Pretty much my take also. Not the guy I wanted, but he sounds like he has a workable plan. I hope he can put it together for us.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 10, 2017, 10:06:39 pm
I will remind that I "called early" that Morris would win the press conference, execute a successful hog call, and use that to help unify the fanbase. It seems to have worked.
LOL!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 11, 2017, 04:15:11 am
What do your sources think of CM now that they've had time to process his hiring?
His sources are still saying that Malzahn is going to the our next head coach. And if not Gus, then Kiffin.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 08, 2017, 04:48:01 am
Did we have a punt return longer than 5 yards during the Bielema era? I honestly can't remember one.
No. Just like we did not have a 2nd half where we scored more than 10 points in 5 years. I embellish, not by much, but you get my point.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: oldhawg on December 11, 2017, 09:04:02 am
I ask this out of ignorance, but interest.  What does your son think about installing a totally different offense from what he has seen the last couple of years?  Does he think the change in style will increase (or hamper) his chances of playing time?  What are his initial impressions of the new offensive line coach?  Has he given you any general impressions about how the players are adjusting to the change in staff?  maybe too soon? (I know that you will accent only the positive, but that can also be telling).  Do you personally give this change a thumbs up at this time, or a two thumbs up (wait and see), either of which would be a positive indication.  Thanks. 

There's a lot you asked about and a lot that can't yet be answered. 

As far as the scheme, as I mentioned in my previous post, this system is closer to what a lot of the guys ran in high school.  Shotgun, tempo, and spread.  That adjustment should not be that difficult.  The conditioning style will be different.  At SMU, they started 4 Olineman that weighed less than 300.  My son could benefit from the smaller size and up tempo.  I also think that you'll likely see more Olineman rotate in to keep guys fresh.  At least I've seen that watching SMU film.  The ball will come out quicker and you won't see play action with the QB's back to tonthe defense.  Protection will be much easier for the OL when the ball is out faster. 

As far as adjustments to the new OL coach and staff.  They haven't met.  They won't until January.  They met Coach Morris in the team meeting and my son spoke to him briefly one on one.  That's the limit to his contact with the new staff.  In that brief time, he liked what he heard and he's excited for the future.  I know that people in these boards constant rail on the former staff.  Some is deserved, most is not.  The former staff rode the guys a lot harder than most people realize.  It wasn't laid back flip-flops and be your buddy like people think.  The system simply didn't work.  There are a lot of good coaches that were here.  Things just didn't mesh.  No matter how in tune we all think we are, we aren't the team.  Their family was fired.  They didn't like it, but it's part of the world of college athletics.  Results are what matters.  The players are excited to get to work.  I don't think you'll see a mass exodus from the program.  You may see a few leave after spring ball, but not many.  There may be a couple of guys with eligibility left that have heir degrees and choose to start their post-football lives.  We will see.

I haven't spoken to Coach Morris yet.  I plan to in January.  You hav to remeber, my son was an invited walk on that is on a Chancellor's Scholarhip.  He could walk into the building in January and be told that the program is moving on and he needs to clean out his locker.  We don't think that will happen, but it's a possibility.  No matter what happens, Chad Morris is going to be a good thing for this program.  I loved Coach Bielema, but Coach Morris will reintroduce a passion and excitement that's been missing.  Football is all about taking care of business, but it's also about fire and passion.  Coach Morris will bring that back into the program. 

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

In my opinion college coaching can be broken down into three main categories: Strategy, Recruiting and Leadership. I'm liking what I see from CCM in all three categories. Time will tell but I sure have a renewed hope for the Hogs.

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 11, 2017, 10:36:00 am
There's a lot you asked about and a lot that can't yet be answered. 

As far as the scheme, as I mentioned in my previous post, this system is closer to what a lot of the guys ran in high school.  Shotgun, tempo, and spread.  That adjustment should not be that difficult.  The conditioning style will be different.  At SMU, they started 4 Olineman that weighed less than 300.  My son could benefit from the smaller size and up tempo.  I also think that you'll likely see more Olineman rotate in to keep guys fresh.  At least I've seen that watching SMU film.  The ball will come out quicker and you won't see play action with the QB's back to tonthe defense.  Protection will be much easier for the OL when the ball is out faster. 

As far as adjustments to the new OL coach and staff.  They haven't met.  They won't until January.  They met Coach Morris in the team meeting and my son spoke to him briefly one on one.  That's the limit to his contact with the new staff.  In that brief time, he liked what he heard and he's excited for the future.  I know that people in these boards constant rail on the former staff.  Some is deserved, most is not.  The former staff rode the guys a lot harder than most people realize.  It wasn't laid back flip-flops and be your buddy like people think.  The system simply didn't work.  There are a lot of good coaches that were here.  Things just didn't mesh.  No matter how in tune we all think we are, we aren't the team.  Their family was fired.  They didn't like it, but it's part of the world of college athletics.  Results are what matters.  The players are excited to get to work.  I don't think you'll see a mass exodus from the program.  You may see a few leave after spring ball, but not many.  There may be a couple of guys with eligibility left that have heir degrees and choose to start their post-football lives.  We will see.

I haven't spoken to Coach Morris yet.  I plan to in January.  You hav to remeber, my son was an invited walk on that is on a Chancellor's Scholarhip.  He could walk into the building in January and be told that the program is moving on and he needs to clean out his locker.  We don't think that will happen, but it's a possibility.  No matter what happens, Chad Morris is going to be a good thing for this program.  I loved Coach Bielema, but Coach Morris will reintroduce a passion and excitement that's been missing.  Football is all about taking care of business, but it's also about fire and passion.  Coach Morris will bring that back into the program.
I hear you saying that Bielema and staff did not invoke excitement in their players. Why did they not? There was definitely a difference coming out of the locker room at halftime in many games from year 1 to year 5, starting with Rutgers game in year 1. Did the players respect Bielema?

As for the ball coming out quicker from the QB, that was a coaching problem. Every HS QB knows the science: a QB has 2.6 seconds to throw the ball. If past that, throw it away or run. AA went well beyond 2.6 seconds frequently, even as a 5th year senior, which is why he got the crap knocked out of him and injured.

bphi11ips

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 11, 2017, 11:08:12 am
I hear you saying that Bielema and staff did not invoke excitement in their players. Why did they not? There was definitely a difference coming out of the locker room at halftime in many games from year 1 to year 5, starting with Rutgers game in year 1. Did the players respect Bielema?

As for the ball coming out quicker from the QB, that was a coaching problem. Every HS QB knows the science: a QB has 2.6 seconds to throw the ball. If past that, throw it away or run. AA went well beyond 2.6 seconds frequently, even as a 5th year senior, which is why he got the crap knocked out of him and injured.

Getting the ball out quickly (and accurately) is my concern about Cole Kelly. It's hard enough for a guy his size with perfect mechanics to get it out as fast as Morris likes. But Cole starts with the ball at his waist and is too slow with his feet to throw the quick bubble screens and pop passes this offense needs. He may be the QB and will get faster but he's not built for this offense.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

FANONTHEHILL

December 11, 2017, 11:20:52 am #111 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:40:19 am by FANONTHEHILL
Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 11, 2017, 11:08:12 am

I think you're embellishing a little bit in what I was saying.  The previous staff did motivate and get the players ready.  It is more a matter of approach.  There is a business approach and a passion approach.  If you take the business approach and you're successful, you're perceived a certain way.  The Patriots are a perfect example.  It's all business.  If its not succesful, it's perceived as a lack of passion and effort.  Not that it's reality, but that's how it appears from the outside.  If a team comes out showing that passion, fans can feed off that.  Even if things aren't going well, there's an excitement that something is about to happen.  That's what was missing. I think the team respected Coach
Bielema.  But I will say that at times the conservative approach hurt morale.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

TXArcher

FOTH, keep on posting, only logic on Hogville/MMQB, thanks for the insight.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 03:22:21 pm
huh? that's 8+ all damn day.

Based on your history of predictions I'm heading to Vegas to place bets on 7 wins or less.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: TXArcher on December 11, 2017, 03:14:46 pm
FOTH, keep on posting, only logic on Hogville/MMQB, thanks for the insight.
No kidding, so refreshing to just get an unvarnished insider perspective that outlines pros and cons.

Hogindasticks

The kids have to ALL prove themselves to the new coach...for someone on the bench...it all starts over...new opportunity for everyone.

Hogs49ers

I will tell you what, Coach Chad Morris has sold me and it looks like he has sold most all of this fan base and being that that is a very difficult thing to do, makes me think that he will be able to sell a lot of 17-18 year old kids very well and be a great recruiter here. 

I love that he is just oozing with energy, and when that type of positive energy comes out, it starts spreading around and becomes contagious.  He has literally started changing our entire culture with his high energy in less than a week (def not saying we have arrived and there is no more work to be done) and I just hope that he can keep that up and it continues to carry over to entire team, fanbase, and recruits bc if it does, we will have a great chance of something really special happening here like what was done at Clemson 7 years ago.  Even if we do not turn into the next Clemson, he can turn us into a really solid, respectable team that competes year in and year out in the tough SEC.

BTW - Coach Morris' twitter game is legit! haha check it out if you have not already done so!
SCREW Vandy!

26.2Hog

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 08, 2017, 04:48:01 am
Did we have a punt return longer than 5 yards during the Bielema era? I honestly can't remember one.

Truth.  Because you actually have to catch a punt before you can return it.

lumphog

PorkSoda

the thing that stuck out to me was his respect for high school coaches, and wanting to build them up.  I think he will have an impact not only on the UoA but in Arkansas High School football as well.  I like that he is going to have every coach take a piece of arkansas during recruiting.  he doesn't want coaches to just be there to recruit kids, but to give back to the high schools in the forms of passing on knowledge.  Morris is going to be good for the state of arkansas, not just the university IMO.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 11, 2017, 08:00:47 pm
the thing that stuck out to me was his respect for high school coaches, and wanting to build them up.  I think he will have an impact not only on the UoA but in Arkansas High School football as well.  I like that he is going to have every coach take a piece of arkansas during recruiting.  he doesn't want coaches to just be there to recruit kids, but to give back to the high schools in the forms of passing on knowledge.  Morris is going to be good for the state of arkansas, not just the university IMO.

Absolutely agree.  Football at all levels in Arkansas will get better.

RedRock

I agree.  I regret the negativity I spewed for not getting the guys that I selfishly wanted (Kiffin / Venables / Norvell).  CMM is the best person for the job. I am very excited again!!

j-mann

Quote from: ThundrHawg on December 08, 2017, 02:51:11 am
I'm only seeing six wins on this schedule?

i see 8  4-0 non-conf   
om vandy  miss st  and mizzou   atm is 50/50
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs