Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will the staff be retained

Started by Captain Hogthrob, November 24, 2017, 06:58:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Hogthrob

for now and an interim be named until a new head coach is hired? The carrot being the possibility that the new coach might retain one or two position coaches .Seems like you'd want someone at least  giving the appearance of recruiting and staying on the current  commits. Honest question because I'm not sure how these things generally work. 
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Silver Hog

god i hope not, not a good one in the bunch.

hog_fan

moses_007

No reason to name an interim coach.  Season is over.  All assistants are long gone, just like the head coach.  Lunney needs to go too.

texas tush hog

Hog Pharm

Quote from: moses_007 on November 24, 2017, 07:00:38 pm
No reason to name an interim coach.  Season is over.  All assistants are long gone, just like the head coach.  Lunney needs to go too.

What do you have against Lunney? Wasn't he named one of the top recruiters in the SEC?

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 24, 2017, 07:00:47 pm

No!!!Michael Smith maybe but that's all.

Lunney and Smith will stay, and we'll know if there is an interim coach at 7:30 tonight. They all are still under contract and being paid, some may even but the recruiting trail for Sunday. What did Smiley's crew do between his firing and Bret's  hiring?

Iwastherein1969

maybe a couple....just depends on how many Gus Malzahn brings to Fayetteville from Auburn when he gets the keys to office of his dream job
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

JONAS

Depends on who the next coach is.

Captain Hogthrob

Quote from: JONAS on November 24, 2017, 07:11:43 pm
Depends on who the next coach is.

I wasn't talking about after we hire a coach I was talking about between now and then.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

lakecityhog

My guess would be that Lunney is named interim and the rest start looking for jobs.

Hawg Life

Quote from: lakecityhog on November 24, 2017, 07:47:18 pm
My guess would be that Lunney is named interim and the rest start looking for jobs.

Rhoads is the interim.

hawginbigd1

I am thinking Rhoads may be retained

Boardon Hamsay

The current staff situation is fluid.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Pecos Hog

All of the staff is retained - for now.   The new coach will decide who he will keep on staff, if any are retained.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 24, 2017, 08:12:01 pm
I am thinking Rhoads may be retained
Are you talking about the DC who just let Missouri hang 48 points on us?
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

tophawg19

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on November 25, 2017, 03:27:09 am
Are you talking about the DC who just let Missouri hang 48 points on us?
and 700 yards. CBB's biggest issue to me was a failure to hire good assistants . He was always pulling in coaches from Left field . Stupid choices like Kurt A. cost him his job. That and A strength coach trying to bulk up our players and slowing them down
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

havok

Quote from: hog_fan on November 24, 2017, 06:59:37 pm
Lunney

Move Lunny to a front office position.. "High School relations" or something similar.

The Strength & Conditioning coach needs to go quickly.  He is more about body sculpting, than players actually developing Strength/Conditioning that enhance their work on the field.  And I am still convinced all the foot injuries are related to the program he is using.

parallaxpig

Quote from: havok on November 25, 2017, 08:02:52 am
Move Lunny to a front office position.. "High School relations" or something similar.

The Strength & Conditioning coach needs to go quickly.  He is more about body sculpting, than players actually developing Strength/Conditioning that enhance their work on the field.  And I am still convinced all the foot injuries are related to the program he is using.

Definitely would like to see foot injuries comparison to other power 5 schools.........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,