Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paul Chryst

Started by Captain Morgan, November 22, 2017, 10:06:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Morgan

Is a cry baby coach.. Loves to whine when he plays no one. He will have to beat Oh10 $tate 52-0 to even have a chance at that no 4 seed and sadly he knows it. So he cries and makes excuses

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 10:07:16 am
He's undefeated.

So what... Northwestern is only ranked team he's played. Its his fault for scheduling cream puffs in a year he doesn't play Oh10 $tate, Penn State or Michigan State. If Auburn beats Alabama then it looks worse for Paul cry baby Chryst because one loss Alabama is in

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 22, 2017, 10:09:08 am
and his best win is over #20 michigan

That's not even a ranked win because he knocked them out of the polls 😂😂😂

snoblind

It would be amusing if Wisconsin ran the table.  I'd love it.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: snoblind on November 22, 2017, 10:15:14 am
It would be amusing if Wisconsin ran the table.  I'd love it.

Wisconsin might have to beat Oh10 $tate by 30 to get to no 4. If Auburn beats Alabama. Alabama is a lock to get with one loss. What if Clemson beats Miami in an OT game? Miami would be in over Wisconsin too... Wisconsin needs a lot of help. They need Alabama, Miami and Oklahoma to run the table and other schools lose the next 2 weeks. Wisconsin will still need to beat Oh10 $tate convincingly under all scenarios.

mjsphd

In  the end, an undefeated Big 10 champion won't get left out, no matter what else happens.  I'm not so sure they beat Ohio State, so it may all be irrelevant.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: mjsphd on November 22, 2017, 11:52:02 am
In  the end, an undefeated Big 10 champion won't get left out, no matter what else happens.  I'm not so sure they beat Ohio State, so it may all be irrelevant.

I disagree on both points. My reasons for Wisconsin being left out is mentioned in posts above. Oh10 $tate is the most inconsistent team in college football. I would pick Wisconsin to beat them as it currently stands.

hawginbigd1

You people are nuts if they beat Ohio State by a point on a 99 yard fumble return with00:00 on the clock they are in period

The_Iceman

He is the reason for Bielemas success at Wisconsin.

farmhawg

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 10:06:39 am
Is a cry baby coach.. Loves to whine when he plays no one. He will have to beat Oh10 $tate 52-0 to even have a chance at that no 4 seed and sadly he knows it. So he cries and makes excuses
He seems to be a good coach, only one I hear whining ^^^
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Captain Morgan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 22, 2017, 12:16:06 pm
You people are nuts if they beat Ohio State by a point on a 99 yard fumble return with00:00 on the clock they are in period

How are we nuts? Name me one team in the top 10 outside Oh10 $tate that Wisconsin could beat? Committee don't want no more 31-0, 38-0 B1G laughing stock again

snoblind

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 10:18:50 am
Wisconsin might have to beat Oh10 $tate by 30 to get to no 4. If Auburn beats Alabama. Alabama is a lock to get with one loss. What if Clemson beats Miami in an OT game? Miami would be in over Wisconsin too... Wisconsin needs a lot of help. They need Alabama, Miami and Oklahoma to run the table and other schools lose the next 2 weeks. Wisconsin will still need to beat Oh10 $tate convincingly under all scenarios.

I get your points, but I'm with these other guys.  Hell will freeze over,  pigs will fly, and Jennifer Aniston will show up at my house before an undefeated Big 10 team gets left out.

hogcards

I don't believe Wisconsin will beat Ohio St. in the BiG Championship game.

...However, I do think we'll see a push to get a two loss Ohio St. team back into the playoffs after that game.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Oliver

If Miami or Wisconsin win out and don't make the playoff, then they need to expand it to 8 teams or just go back to two. 

To me the whole purpose of having a playoff was to ensure there would never be a case where a Power 5 team went undefeated and didn't have a chance to play for the National Championship

hogcards

Quote from: Oliver on November 22, 2017, 12:49:59 pm
If Miami or Wisconsin win out and don't make the playoff, then they need to expand it to 8 teams or just go back to two. 

To me the whole purpose of having a playoff was to ensure there would never be a case where a Power 5 team went undefeated and didn't have a chance to play for the National Championship

Not according to ESPN and especially Kurt Herbstreit.  He claims (as of yesterday) that if Auburn or Ohio St. both win their respective conferences, they should both get in.

The criteria changes every year.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bubba's Bruisers

If Wisky wins out, they're in.  But they won't win out.

I want Bama to lose to AU, because I believe that's the best way to keep tOSU out.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 12:52:38 pm
Not according to ESPN and especially Kurt Herbstreit.  He claims (as of yesterday) that if Auburn or Ohio St. both win their respective conferences, they should both get in.

The criteria changes every year.
ESPN is not the selection committee.  the criteria is and has been the best 4 teams regardless.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

RebelliousHog

And we give a scheisse Why?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 22, 2017, 01:32:43 pm
ESPN is not the selection committee.  the criteria is and has been the best 4 teams regardless.

Sure, but let's be honest, it's still all about what have you done for me lately.  Otherwise, there's no way UGA is sitting out of the top 6 right now.  If fact, the next ranking after OU lost their first, tOSU was ranked ahead of OU even though OU had the same record and the head to head win.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

hogcards

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 22, 2017, 01:32:43 pm

That was the point.  Just because a team runs the table and wins out, that doesn't necessarily mean they're one of the "4 best".  I've seen Wisconsin and I can attest that they're "good".  Probably not a top 8 team, but very good.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 01:39:48 pm
That was the point.  Just because a team runs the table and wins out, that doesn't necessarily mean they're one of the "4 best".

The "best team" mantra is nothing but lip service.  If a P5 school runs the table, they're in.  Regardless. 

hogcards

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 01:42:18 pm
The "best team" mantra is nothing but lip service.  If a P5 school runs the table, they're in.  Regardless.

What if nothing changes within the top 4 after the season and Wisconsin gets by Ohio St?  Who do you penalize to satisfy Wisconsin?

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

PorkSoda

Quote from: HenduHog on November 22, 2017, 01:34:52 pm
And we give a scheisse Why?
because our season is scheisse and we would gladly give it to talk about teams that don't stink.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 01:44:58 pm
What if nothing changes within the top 4 after the season and Wisconsin gets by Ohio St?  Who do you penalize to satisfy Wisconsin?

Pretty easy, the loser of the ACCCG is out...Clemson or Miami. 

HF#1

Would you take his 11 wins or our 8 losses?

PorkSoda

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 01:57:23 pm
Would you take his 11 wins or our 8 losses?
how many games did CBB win in the big ten?

I don't want another big10 coach. 

Captain Morgan

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 01:44:58 pm

Clemson and Miami play each other so one will drop out. However if Alabama loses to Auburn and then Auburn wins the SEC then Alabama would be the team everyone would argue shouldn't be there. However, Alabama would still make it IMO

HF#1

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 22, 2017, 01:58:55 pm
how many games did CBB win in the big ten?

I don't want another big10 coach. 

I'm not suggesting we hire the dude. I'm simply saying he has won a ton of games the last 2 years. I wouldn't discredit his work or call him a whiner. The coach we have, he's a whiner.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 10:06:39 am

They'll likely lose in the Big 10 Championship.  Love that the Wisconsin guy came on here and basically said Chryst was the reason for Bielema's success at Wisconsin.  Talk about missing something.  If Bielema's schedules at Arkansas were the same as what he had at Wisconsin, we'd be talking about a 10-year extension for him right now.

HF#1

There are a lot of people on this board that aim to discredit someone's success or put them down. Part of the problem with this fanbase. They are doing the same to Malzahn.

hogginbama

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 22, 2017, 12:17:26 pm

Wait, all the Hogville experts for the last month have said it was Alvarez? More confused by the minute on here.....gotta start drinking earlier in the day.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 01:42:18 pm

Shouldn't necessarily be, but I suspect you are correct.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 02:00:56 pm
There are a lot of people on this board that aim to discredit someone's success or put them down. Part of the problem with this fanbase. They are doing the same to Malzahn.

Well how else can we prop up our guy?

Go Bret!!!! 

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 22, 2017, 12:17:26 pm

The Wisconsin lunatic and Iceman say Chryst is the only reason Bielema was successful at Wisconsin.  Cray cray.  Put Chryst at Arkansas and Bielema at Wisconsin for the last 5 years and their records are reversed.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 10:09:46 am
That's not even a ranked win because he knocked them out of the polls 😂😂😂

I hate when people say things like, "well, they were ranked when they played them."  Who gives a shiz?  That could simply mean the pollsters had it wrong.  How many times have you seen a team start off in the top 10 and end the season unranked?  If we beat them in the 1st week of the season, we have a win against a top 10 team?  Ridiculous.

The Hogfather

I also hate "they could only beat who was on their schedule".  If their schedule isn't good enough, they shouldn't get rewarded, even if they go undefeated against their shizzy schedule.

Bubba's Bruisers

There's a lot of hate all up in here.

The Hogfather

hogcards

Bama loses to Auburn, Miami beats Clemson, Oklahoma loses to TCU, Auburn beats Georgia, Ohio St. beats Wisconsin...

What happens?  Do both Auburn and Bama make it along with Miami and Ohio St.?  Or does TCU squeak in?

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 02:18:55 pm
Bama loses to Auburn, Miami beats Clemson, Oklahoma loses to TCU, Auburn beats Georgia, Ohio St. beats Wisconsin...

What happens?  Do both Auburn and Bama make it along with Miami and Ohio St.?  Or does TCU squeak in?

I don't know TCU's record, but if it's 12-1, then they're in.  Over tOSU.  If they're 11-2, then it's tOSU in over TCU.  I think Bama is the only lock at this point even if they lose another game prior to the playoff.

Bubba's Bruisers

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 22, 2017, 02:07:53 pm
I also hate "they could only beat who was on their schedule".  If their schedule isn't good enough, they shouldn't get rewarded, even if they go undefeated against their shizzy schedule.

Didn't you use to be a big Boise backer, always making excuses for their schedule?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Captain Morgan

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 02:18:55 pm

Oklahoma wins the tiebreaker over Oh10 $tate because of when OU blew them out in Columbus. Clemson also holds the head to head tiebreaker with Auburn. So it could get interesting. As strange as it sounds Alabama losing on Saturday could secure them a birth.

hogcards

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 02:26:37 pm
Oklahoma wins the tiebreaker over Oh10 $tate because of when OU blew them out in Columbus. Clemson also holds the head to head tiebreaker with Auburn. So it could get interesting. As strange as it sounds Alabama losing on Saturday could secure them a birth.

But what happens with TCU who would have beaten Oklahoma and would also have two losses...just like Oklahoma and Ohio St.?

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Captain Morgan

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 02:28:02 pm
But what happens with TCU who would have beaten Oklahoma and would also have two losses...just like Oklahoma and Ohio St.?
Oklahoma beat TCU just a couple weeks ago.

hogcards

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 02:29:03 pm
Oklahoma beat TCU just a couple weeks ago

But TCU could play them again for the Big 12 Championship.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 02:23:34 pm
Didn't you use to be a big Boise backer, always making excuses for their schedule?

Opposite, brotato chip.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 02:29:57 pm
But TCU could play them again for the Big 12 Championship.

They both lost to Iowa State so that would be a wash. Then you go big OOC win and OU won at Oh10 $tate and then TCU won at a 4 win Arkansas. I think OU gets the nod if both beat each other