Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanksgiving eve tidbits

Started by Porkatarian, November 22, 2017, 09:23:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rljjr

Quote from: BossHawg_Outlaw on November 22, 2017, 12:55:44 pm
His defense is ranked 11 this year and it is spelled WON not ONE but nice try

Nice catch on the one. Unintended. Was talking to text. As for his D. That's one statistical nugget in his favor for one season. Thanks for playing.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: rljjr on November 22, 2017, 03:00:18 pm
Yeah man, true winner. 122-79 overall. Currently 38-36 in 6 seasons at Wazzou. Man, that is EXACTLY what we need. Whew!

He's in the midst of his second nine win season at a school that had won a TOTAL of nine games in the four years before he arrived.

menace_hawg3

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 22, 2017, 03:04:47 pm
They'd rather have Gus, which is beyond me. Norvell is what we need, and we'd have $2.5 million to build a staff second to none.

I have a feeling that they are going to f##k this up.

ricepig

Coaching committee is meeting today, as well......Of course, they haven't fired the current one.   ???

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 12:51:44 pm
The only way Tuberville is getting any consideration is if Scanlon said no.

Varady will be next in line.

PRJ

Hawg Life

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 22, 2017, 03:10:38 pm

PRJ

Scanlon appears to be out, he's on the Coaching committee with Waldrip. Pork may be correct on his better half nixing a move. Or......He's picking his coach.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 22, 2017, 09:47:01 am
I'm hearing for whatever reason, that we're not interested in Charlie.

Maybe someone actually watched Texas play the last three years.

rljjr

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on November 22, 2017, 03:07:36 pm
He's in the midst of his second nine win season at a school that had won a TOTAL of nine games in the four years before he arrived.

Fair enough, but he's a career .600 coach. Look, we all have our favorites. He's not mine. I think he's a novelty and nothing more. I'll take Gus if I have to, but Norvell is where I would invest. Just my opinion. No more, no less.

HF#1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 22, 2017, 03:10:38 pm

PRJ

Not sure why. He's a lawyer. If anything, he should stay in the position he is in.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hoglady

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 22, 2017, 02:32:35 pm
Can you imagine wanting to stay in LR over NWA. Depressing

Yes -Little Rock is as far North as I would ever live.
Probably the only other Arkansas city I'd live in is Hot Springs.
The mountains are pretty to visit but I wouldn't have any interest in living around them.
Different strokes for different folks.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: rljjr on November 22, 2017, 03:22:15 pm
Fair enough, but he's a career .600 coach. Look, we all have our favorites. He's not mine. I think he's a novelty and nothing more. I'll take Gus if I have to, but Norvell is where I would invest. Just my opinion. No more, no less.

Perspective. He's coached, and won impressively, in Lubbock and Pullman. All he's done throughout his career is casually win 8 or 9 games a year in two towns that are both just outside the edge of nowhere. And Washington State was a total tire fire before he arrived.

I like Norvell too, but discrediting what Leach has done is absurd.

BigSexyHog

Very Interesting.   Thanks Pork
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hugo Bezdek

That's stupid. There are a lot of people who enjoy living in Little Rock. And for the record I've lived in both.

hoglady

Everyone seems to have picked their side as far as the coaches go.

Sure hope fans / gives the new coach a chance - whoever it is.

Any of the names mentioned are a STEP UP from what we've got - that is pretty much a lock.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogtimes

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 10:03:33 am
He is a former Razorback, currently sits on the RF board. He has been with Stephens for 20+ years and currently leads their Private Client Group. He has worked in Sports Management, dealing with the likes of Nolan and Lou. He is a Razorback who is more than capable of leading that program to unprecedented success.

Thanks Mrs.  Scanlon

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: TX HOG on November 22, 2017, 02:36:30 pm
Love it. We chose to move here after 38 for me and 36 years(wife) of east Texas living

That's great, most do.  Growth is phenomenal.  My boss is always like why don't you move out here to LA or to ATL where our other big customer is?  I say no thanks.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HawgSZN

I just had more fun reading these past few pages than I have all season.
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

Hawg Life

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on November 22, 2017, 03:31:22 pm
Perspective. He's coached, and won impressively, in Lubbock and Pullman. All he's done throughout his career is casually win 8 or 9 games a year in two towns that are both just outside the edge of nowhere. And Washington State was a total tire fire before he arrived.

No more asinine comments like we've had the past 5 years. It normally takes him 3 years to get going. I think Norvell's system would have success immediately.

rljjr

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on November 22, 2017, 03:31:22 pm

I respect your opinion. Happy Thanksgiving.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: HawgSZN on November 22, 2017, 04:00:33 pm
I just had more fun reading these past few pages than I have all season.
My time spent on here and post count the last few weeks is probably 10x what it was during the regular season.

TulsaHawg

rljjr

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 22, 2017, 04:16:35 pm
Lived in both. Love them both.

Yeah, I don't get the rancor. They both have their positives and negatives.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 22, 2017, 02:51:22 pm
Is there any source or coverage out there from Arizona State that he's a high-level recruiter? If there is, I haven't found it.

No.  Everyone just thinks because he's relatively YOUNG and runs a HIGH POWERED OFFENSE, recruits will flock to us in droves.  I'm worried we end up with him and he proves to be much less than what everyone thinks he is.

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

The Hogfather

HF#1

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 22, 2017, 04:22:10 pm
No.  Everyone just thinks because he's relatively YOUNG and runs a HIGH POWERED OFFENSE, recruits will flock to us in droves.  I'm worried we end up with him and he proves to be much less than what everyone thinks he is.

That's the risk.

ricepig

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 04:25:36 pm
That's the risk.

Pretty sure that's a blanket statement for all the possible hires, maybe not the young part.

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 04:25:36 pm
That's the risk.

The same is possible with any coach Arkansas hires. They are all risks.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HF#1

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2017, 04:28:31 pm
Pretty sure that's a blanket statement for all the possible hires, maybe not the young part.
Quote from: GuvHog on November 22, 2017, 04:30:32 pm
The same is possible with any coach Arkansas hires. They are all risks.

Thanks.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2017, 04:28:31 pm

Some are much riskier than others.

GuvHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 22, 2017, 04:37:13 pm
Some are much riskier than others.

Not really. No one knows how any coach will do til they arrive on campus.

Boarme

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 22, 2017, 02:43:23 pm
It's pretty simple. You'll know by Saturday evening if Gus is staying in or getting out at Auburn.
So that says if Gus loses Saturday he may come.  If he wins we will not wait till the SEC Championship before moving on.  Am I reading that right?

RockyMtnHog

"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

The Hogfather

Quote from: GuvHog on November 22, 2017, 04:38:50 pm
Not really. No one knows how any coach will do til they arrive on campus.

Yes, really.

The Hogfather

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on November 22, 2017, 04:45:08 pm
The key is that all three candidates want to be the new HC.  They all can recruit and all coach a high powered offense.  Which one can bring in a top notch DC?  Defense is our biggest issue and has been for a few years now.

I think we'd all say Gus, but can he do it at Arkansas?  I'm not convinced he's really interested in actually leaving right now, but if he'd come, I guess you'd have to give him a shot.

I just don't see it happening.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Boarme on November 22, 2017, 04:44:14 pm
So that says if Gus loses Saturday he may come.  If he wins we will not wait till the SEC Championship before moving on.  Am I reading that right?

Purely a guess, but I bet they have told Gus it's his if he wants it BUT we aren't going to wait until after the SEC championship to get a yes/no.  I suspect, win or lose, he has to make the call after the Iron Bowl.  If he dithers, then they pull the trigger on Norvell.

GuvHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 22, 2017, 04:48:04 pm
Purely a guess, but I bet they have told Gus it’s his if he wants it BUT we aren’t going to wait until after the SEC championship to get a yes/no.  I suspect, win or lose, he has to make the call after the Iron Bowl.  If he dithers, then they pull the trigger on Norvell.

I agree. I believe that's what will happen.

HoopS

thanks again, Pork. You are amazing.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Boarme on November 22, 2017, 04:44:14 pm

If he loses to Alabama, even certain Auburn insiders believe he'll be the next Hog coach. If he wins, that does not mean he won't be the next Hog head coach but the odds become much much greater he doesn't. The biggest question from the Auburn side is, how much to they play with Jimmy Sexton in this effort to get Gus about $2 million more a year and 5 more years of security? Do they say, "Jimmy, thanks, but we're going to spend that money on somebody else"? If Gus beat Alabama and beat Georgia a second time, he's in the CFP and it's hard to imagine the Arkansas powers-that-be waiting it out then, but somebody in that Arkansas PTB circle has decided they want to go all in on getting him.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

razorhog52

So you are now calling LR racist due to an Ark Dem Gaz cartoon and the central high crisis 60 years ago? Glass house dude.

Actually I don't care either way. Love both areas just going for more coaching news in here.

ur

BB gets fired sat morn.

Is Sean Rochelle getting a look as AD?

How long are the PTB willing to wait on Gus?  Jan?  I can see as far as SECCG but if he wins that then we have to move on.

cjack

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 22, 2017, 05:10:03 pm
I'm not calling all NWA residents racist hillbillies.  Just those who bag on Little Rock for barely hidden reasons.  We ALL know why they do.  It's "crime" right?  Why is basically code for "oh my God...Black people!"  If you honestly evaluate NWA and greater Little Rock, they are both wonderful places to live.  I just get sick of "those" NWA people who bag on this area relentlessly then act entitled to have us drive up there and foot the bill for so much.  Those who want the Little Rock area to produce more SEC athletes based on our "demographics" but then call those same people thugs.  It is obviously not anywhere near the majority of NWA people but, damn, they are sure a vocal minority.

🔥🔥🔥🔥👍
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ur on November 22, 2017, 05:14:55 pm
BB gets fired sat morn.

Is Sean Rochelle getting a look as AD?

How long are the PTB willing to wait on Gus?  Jan?  I can see as far as SECCG but if he wins that then we have to move on.

Yep. He gone Saturday and has probably already been told.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hollywood870

I'm not calling all NWA residents racist hillbillies.  Just those who bag on Little Rock for barely hidden reasons.  We ALL know why they do.  It's "crime" right?  Why is basically code for "oh my God...Black people!"  If you honestly evaluate NWA and greater Little Rock, they are both wonderful places to live.  I just get sick of "those" NWA people who bag on this area relentlessly then act entitled to have us drive up there and foot the bill for so much.  Those who want the Little Rock area to produce more SEC athletes based on our "demographics" but then call those same people thugs.  It is obviously not anywhere near the majority of NWA people but, damn, they are sure a vocal minority.
Way to trash up a great thread with this same old BS we have to read on here all of the time guys.

dhizzle

Hillbillies?  Have you been to NWA within the last 15 years it's nothing but a bunch yuppies. 

Tony Perkis

Quote from: dhizzle on November 22, 2017, 05:38:13 pm
Hillbillies?  Have you been to NWA within the last 15 years it's nothing but a bunch yuppies.
I consider myself somewhere in-between.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Fayetteville > LR

Can someone explain why this is being considered "racist hillbilly" facts?

Steef

We were THIS CLOSE to ending the damn GSD....and now we're stuck with it for perpetuity.

This entire century so far, has been one body blow after another for our football program.