Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's remember the good times

Started by The OTR, November 21, 2017, 11:31:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhThf-M_Q4

Bret's had lots of quirky fun moments.  This is one of my favorites.  I especially like how, at the 40 second mark, he says he does that little jig about ten times per game when good things happen.

Haven't seen it ten times per game this year...or ten times all year. I believe he was a little bit windy in this interview. 

But it does show a nimbleness and grace that we haven't seen that much of with the big man.

There's plenty of other quirky stuff out there but this is my favorite.

I also love the picture with Charlie Strong. Made me proud to be a Hog fan.

hawg1221

hawg1221

lawhawg20

Okay, I'll bite. 

- 4 & 25 was easily one of my most favoritist sports moments... ever... like, in history.

- Curb stomping UT (even a down UT) was, indeed, borderline erotic.  I had far too many sticky dreams after that game than a grown man should admit to.

- And that TCU game last year in Fort Worth?  That was epic.  Even if it was only made possible by an idiotic celebration by Kenny Trill(?).

The man is going to be gone soon.  Stop kicking him while he's down and appreciate the fact that he gave us some exciting moments during his tenure.

SPAL

BigK_HogHeaven

My favorite moments under Bielema, in no particular order

1) Henry Heave
2) Throwing the Horns down while shaking hands with Charlie Strong
3) Destroying Texas
4) J Will and Alex Collins -- Scary, scary duo.  The best we've had since D Mac and Felix
5) Back to back shutouts over LSU and Ole Miss

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but let's not pretend that his time here was all bad.  We had some exciting games and were pretty dang good for some stretches in 2014 and 2015.  That said, it's time to move on.  Hopefully the next coach can deliver more wins!

Uncommon

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 21, 2017, 11:54:57 am
Hop on the wife
Yep.  That came after the Ole Miss win too.  That last half stretch of the 2015 season will be what I remember as the good times of the Bielema Era.  Win against Auburn in quadruple overtime, the epic win against Ole Miss, beating LSU soundly for the second year in a row, and a near win against Dak Prescott lead Mississippi State if not for a blocked kick.

emdavenp

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 21, 2017, 12:25:48 pm
My favorite moments under Bielema, in no particular order

1) Henry Heave
2) Throwing the Horns down while shaking hands with Charlie Strong
3) Destroying Texas
4) J Will and Alex Collins -- Scary, scary duo.  The best we've had since D Mac and Felix
5) Back to back shutouts over LSU and Ole Miss

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but let's not pretend that his time here was all bad.  We had some exciting games and were pretty dang good for some stretches in 2014 and 2015.  That said, it's time to move on.  Hopefully the next coach can deliver more wins!

I will never, for the life of me, understand why Collins and J Will were never on the field at the same time.

Oklahawg

Back-to-back wins vs Ole Miss and LSU. Absolute beatdowns. Shutouts, right?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

311Hog

when bobby boucher came back at halftime and the muddogs won the burbon bowl.....

seriously though  storming the field after LSU shut out.

Justifiable Hogicide

November 21, 2017, 12:56:49 pm #10 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:19:07 pm by Justifiable Hogicide
Beating Texas/Charlie Strong in the Texas Bowl
Beating Florida and Ole Miss in Fay last year
Ending every interview w "Woo Pig"
Being the star at every SEC Media day

HogFan219

The gut wrenching drives from the beat down of Texas Tech in Lubbock. I think all 7 of our TD's that day were on the ground? There was one play where Skipper, using just one arm, tossed a guy like a sack of potato chips.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

You mean back when we used to win games?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boardon Hamsay

My top lobster dinner moments in no particular order:

Back to Back SEC Shutout wins/charging the field for midfield turf angels while surrounded by cops
Hunter Heave/4th and 25
Borderline Erotic Bowl
Hop on the wife
Bijoh's Great Ass
Weekly Skandar Weather Thread

Top jelly sandwich halftime turned hot dog dinner moments in no particular order:

2nd half Looky Loos in Belk Bowl, @Mizzou, Rutgers, et. al.
Holy Toledo!
O-fer Saban
1 2nd half comeback win
Every MMQB thread created this season

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

The OTR

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 21, 2017, 02:29:56 pm
My top lobster dinner moments in no particular order:

Back to Back SEC Shutout wins/charging the field for midfield turf angels while surrounded by cops
Hunter Heave/4th and 25
Borderline Erotic Bowl
Hop on the wife
Bijoh's Great Ass
Weekly Skandar Weather Thread

Top jelly sandwich halftime turned hot dog dinner moments in no particular order:

2nd half Looky Loos in Belk Bowl, @Mizzou, Rutgers, et. al.
Holy Toledo!
O-fer Saban
1 2nd half comeback win
Every MMQB thread created this season

Solid as usual and in the spirit of what I originally intended.

The OTR

Cbb is at his best when he's goofing around saying something off the wall.

Jackrabbit Hog

I think this was one of his high points for sure.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeltaBoy

There not enough to remember!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ipigsooie

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 21, 2017, 09:14:07 pm

Let's face it Delt. Without Long and CBB, I'd have you beat on post count. ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 21, 2017, 09:14:07 pm

Hell you can't even remember to put all the words in your posts.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

PossumFan

Ah, "For the Good Times." The lyrics seem appropriate:

Don't look so sad, I know it's over
But life goes on, and this old world will keep on turning
Let's just be glad we had this time to spend together
There's no need to watch the bridges that we're burning ...