Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could you imagine this scenario...

Started by FutureMan, November 21, 2017, 12:01:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FutureMan

Human Sacrifice.  Dog and cats living together.  Mass Hysteria!

"We're told that Auburn is doing some diligence, preparing for the possibility of Malzahn's departure, and multiple sources in the profession have relayed that Auburn seems to kicking the tires on Bobby Petrino as a backup plan."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/report-auburn-considering-options-gus-malzahn-leaves-bobby-petrino-mentioned/
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Hogblog

They wanted him previously....I could see it happening.....they have no "INTEGRITY"....

sickboy

Quote from: Hogblog on November 21, 2017, 12:11:48 pm
They wanted him previously....I could see it happening.....they have no "INTEGRITY"....

At least it's not Art Briles.

sickboy

In other news, the Malzahn probability to Arkansas keeps lurking out there. There seems to be just too much smoke out there not to be fire on him coming to Arkansas.

SPAL

That's the rest of the story?

I was waiting for the article to end with......"Good day."

_Hamlet_

Quote from: sickboy on November 21, 2017, 12:17:16 pm
In other news, the Malzahn probability to Arkansas keeps lurking out there. There seems to be just too much smoke out there not to be fire on him coming to Arkansas.

Or mirrors.

IMABIELEMA

Well obviously they don't know what their talking about.  Auburn isn't firing Malzahn and Malzahn wouldn't leave Auburn for a rebuilding job.

BigK_HogHeaven

Petrino would make Auburn scary good for about 3 years, then would screw up or leave them 10x worse off than he found them. 

BigK_HogHeaven

Ironhawg

Jimmy Sexton is working overtime on getting Gus his raise.

ur

Good chance Steele and that defense would stay at auburn to go with BP's offense. That QB and those RBs would be super scary. I'm sure BP will jump at it. Louisville doesn't look like they will break into the top tier. Better recruiting at aub.

SPAL

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 21, 2017, 12:22:54 pm

Probably, but it doesn't mean he isn't gonna come to Arkansas to get it.

IMABIELEMA

As others have said,  it's 100% Sexton. It's how he plays the game. No one from the Malzahn family would be talking to the media,  no one from Auburn or Arkansas would be talking to the media.  So who are these media "sources"... hint, it's Sexton. Logically doesn't make $$$ sense to leave Auburn unless he's pushed out.

Hoggish1

But Bobby has only been at Louisville II for three years.  Isn't it too early for him to leave that job?  LOL

Atlhogfan1

Fitting for us.  When we need to move on and rebuild, Petrino will go to Auburn and we'll have to deal with his fans. 
Nutt goes to Ole Miss
Gus goes to Auburn
Petrino goes to Auburn

Will probably happen. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

d3maybe

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 21, 2017, 12:20:56 pm
Petrino would make Auburn scary good for about 3 years, then would screw up or leave them 10x worse off than he found them.

I agree but I could also see him trying to score 300 points against Arkansas just to be an ass too.  The Hogs better get their defense fixed.

MultipleScoreGasms

If that scenario happened, he could find himself screaming "FUMF" at Gus.

Hogwild

So the SEC would have an ex Ole Miss coach at LSU, an ex LSU coach at Bama, an ex Auburn coach at Arkansas, an ex Arkansas coach at Auburn.  Just need Ole Miss to hire Sumlin, and A&M hire Mullen. 

rhog1

The footballscoop article says Gus would be coming to Arkansas looking for a fresh 5 year contract worth 30 million or more. Would we really pay that much for a coach? Also Gus is not worth that for more 7 or 8 win seasons. We should roll the dice on an up and comer for half that instead.  They also mention him getting a say in who the new AD is, which is stupid.

mj4president

Quote from: FutureMan on November 21, 2017, 12:01:14 pm
Human Sacrifice.  Dog and cats living together.  Mass Hysteria!

"We're told that Auburn is doing some diligence, preparing for the possibility of Malzahn's departure, and multiple sources in the profession have relayed that Auburn seems to kicking the tires on Bobby Petrino as a backup plan."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/report-auburn-considering-options-gus-malzahn-leaves-bobby-petrino-mentioned/

I've been saying this for about 4-5 days now and my thread got moved to general sports.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

HoggyCat

At least we do...... NOW!!!
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

NoogaHog

Quote from: Hogwild on November 21, 2017, 12:52:29 pm
So the SEC would have an ex Ole Miss coach at LSU, an ex LSU coach at Bama, an ex Auburn coach at Arkansas, an ex Arkansas coach at Auburn.  Just need Ole Miss to hire Sumlin, and A&M hire Mullen.

I wonder why they call the South a bunch of inbreds.

Seriously though, it's like the MLB. You can't get an MLB managerial job unless you were fired from your last MLB team.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Calling All Hogs

SemperHawg

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 21, 2017, 12:22:54 pm
I can certainly see your logic here, and there is probably some truth to it.  I think Gus also has to consider how crazy Aubbie fans are.  If Sexton runs in there and bangs them out of an extension and raise for Gus he is firmly on the beat Bama and win a Championship or bust seat.  If he thought it was bad from a pressure standpoint now, it will be ten times worse after Sexton works them out of more money.

247Hog

I loved having CBP as the head hog but im not so sure how he would perform under that pressure. Where else has he been that would put him under the same pressure to win at AU....The Falcons? And he quit...
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Boardon Hamsay

I'm worried, guys. It's getting crowded in here and all my data points to something big on the horizon. Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of leftover Petrino man-love in the Hogville MMQB area. Based on this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 21, 2017, 01:11:46 pm
I'm worried, guys. It's getting crowded in here and all my data points to something big on the horizon. Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of leftover Petrino man-love in the Hogville MMQB area. Based on this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
So who is the Key Master and who is the Gate Keeper?

Ironhawg

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 21, 2017, 01:11:46 pm

That's a big Twinkie!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 21, 2017, 01:12:51 pm
So who is the Key Master and who is the Gate Keeper?

At this point, I think Steinmetz is the Key Master and the Gate Keeper. :D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ur

I think the leaks may have hurt Jimmy and Gus. They can go back to aub asking for a raise and aubie can say no thanks, we've been thinking about BP for about 20 years so we will just go that direction. See you next year in auburn. Oh, and Steele is staying here also.

DoctorSusscrofa

His statement, saying "yes, (he) want(s) the Arkansas job badly," is all you've got. I doubt that statement really means anything.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

NuttinItUp

Will hate Auburn even more if this happens. Will make for a good rivalry.

moses_007

Well, they need to be looking for a new coach, since there's no doubt Malzahn is resigning from Auburn soon and coming to Arkansas.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

The Boar War

Quote from: ur on November 21, 2017, 12:24:50 pm
Good chance Steele and that defense would stay at auburn to go with BP's offense. That QB and those RBs would be super scary. I'm sure BP will jump at it. Louisville doesn't look like they will break into the top tier. Better recruiting at aub.

Because coaches love working with Bobby Petrino.

rljjr

Quote from: ur on November 21, 2017, 12:24:50 pm

That would have to be the deal. Malzahn can come IF -- and ONLY IF -- he brings his D coordinator and a large chunk of the staff. Otherwise we are seriously better off going with an up and comer like Norvell -- who in my opinion is the better of the two options.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

moses_007

Quote from: rljjr on November 21, 2017, 02:20:55 pm
That would have to be the deal. Malzahn can come IF -- and ONLY IF -- he brings his D coordinator and a large chunk of the staff. Otherwise we are seriously better off going with an up and comer like Norvell -- who in my opinion is the better of the two options.

I hope he brings both his OC and DC.  They are light years better than what we have here.  I still believe Mitch Mustain is going to be on his staff in some capacity, perhaps as quarterbacks coach.

RazorbacksFan

Quote from: Hogwild on November 21, 2017, 12:52:29 pm

...an ex-Florida coach at South Carolina.

PLHawg

Gus is absolutely not worth what we would have to pay him, I just can't see the BOT unloading that kind of cash right now.  When you can get Norvell for maybe $3.5 mil and a 500k buyout, I just can't see them unloading the bank to get Gus - then again I could be wrong.

parallaxpig

Quote from: moses_007 on November 21, 2017, 02:11:08 pm
Well, they need to be looking for a new coach, since there's no doubt Malzahn is resigning from Auburn soon and coming to Arkansas.

He loses to Bama their firing him anyway. There just getting ready for the next hire.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

razorbackfaninar

Gus Malzahn is not coming to Arkansas.  This is just internet rumor-mongering.  If Gus loves this state and wants to move back here someday, he'll never try to coach here, because there is no way it is going to turn out well.  He is winning 7-8 games a year at Auburn, he ain't going to be able to do that here, he'll ruin his reputation, which is already over blown and his retirement.   

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: ur on November 21, 2017, 01:15:06 pm
I think the leaks may have hurt Jimmy and Gus. They can go back to aub asking for a raise and aubie can say no thanks, we've been thinking about BP for about 20 years so we will just go that direction. See you next year in auburn. Oh, and Steele is staying here also.

Who do you think started the leaks?

HogPharmer

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 21, 2017, 02:41:54 pm
He loses to Bama their firing him anyway. There just getting ready for the next hire.

Would that be like knowing your girlfriend is about to dump you, so you break up with her first instead so you can say you dumped her?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

ur

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

JethroB.

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 21, 2017, 01:57:25 pm
Will hate Auburn even more if this happens. Will make for a good rivalry.

This....and i didn't even think i could hate em any more than i do already.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: ur on November 21, 2017, 02:50:26 pm
Ark. people

Why?  That would make no sense.  if we are trying to steal a sitting coach why leak it so they can make some kind of plan to keep him?  Who benefits?  Malzahn and Sexton.  They profit if they can convince enough people that the Arkansas offer is serious and get Auburn to try to match it.

ur

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 22, 2017, 08:46:44 am
Why?  That would make no sense.  if we are trying to steal a sitting coach why leak it so they can make some kind of plan to keep him?  Who benefits?  Malzahn and Sexton.  They profit if they can convince enough people that the Arkansas offer is serious and get Auburn to try to match it.
The leak wasn't intentional. I don't think barners care enough about Gus to match any offer. They will use it as an opportunity to get out of a buyout. My opinion would be different if not for the timing. Gus beating bama and controlling his destiny will determine if he is coming more than any matching offer. If he keeps winning, I don't think we can wait until Jan. so aub won't have to worry about a hog offer. If he loses, they will want him gone and try another coach to see if the new coach (BP) can beat bama.