Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norvell or bust

Started by Hogsolo, November 20, 2017, 03:37:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 21, 2017, 01:35:09 pm
13 coaches in the top 25 are at their first HC jobs!!!

Which coach does Burks want? that is the guy we should hire.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on November 21, 2017, 01:37:25 pm
Which coach does Burks want? that is the guy we should hire.

The good thing is if we do get Gus or Norvell... they already have a relationship set up with Burks as they have both offered him. I know he has a good relationship for sure with norvell. Not sure about Gus.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 21, 2017, 01:58:21 pm
The good thing is if we do get Gus or Norvell... they already have a relationship set up with Burks as they have both offered him. I know he has a good relationship for sure with norvell. Not sure about Gus.

That is good to know, next great from the natural state is that kid.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on November 21, 2017, 01:59:55 pm
That is good to know, next great from the natural state is that kid.

The best I've seen in the state of Arkansas. He is a special talent. Arkansas can't miss on him. Two things i worry about are LSU.. and a horrible hire by Arkansas.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 21, 2017, 01:35:09 pm
13 coaches in the top 25 are at their first HC jobs!!!

Unpossible.  Norvell obviously knows in game coaching and preparation.  He's had 2 years experience of running the daily operations of a team, watching over the players.  He would not be coming in without a clue, he would be taking a promotion which is what most jobs do, they prepare you for the next, or you prepare yourself by doing phenomenal in your current job.

Lateral moves are much riskier.  Where's the challenge?  It's all been there done that, well I've already had a P5 job and obviously I'm successful so I won't have to change a damn thing.  We just had a lateral move coach, I'm not sure why you go for another. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 21, 2017, 02:14:18 pm
The best I've seen in the state of Arkansas. He is a special talent. Arkansas can't miss on him. Two things i worry about are LSU.. and a horrible hire by Arkansas.

He can't go to LSU he would never understand a word Coach O said, they would also probably either run him into the ground or never give him the ball heh.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on November 21, 2017, 02:30:46 pm
He can't go to LSU he would never understand a word Coach O said, they would also probably either run him into the ground or never give him the ball heh.

I know he is a fan... and well they do win more than us.. lol.. but ultimately i believe he is a hog... he's got former hogs in his ear everyday.. lol

Matt Burks

Quote from: hogsanity on November 21, 2017, 11:18:53 am
Umm, Urban had been a HC at 2 different schools before Florida hired him and was an assistant for 13 years before that.

Urban Meyer - He was at Utah for one year as the head coach. Before that he was the head coach at Bowling Green for 1 year. Before that he was an assistant coach (never was the OC or DC). So, 2 years as a Head Coach before Florida, and none as either an OC or DC.

Mike Norvell - He is in his 2nd year as Memphis Head Coach. Before that, he was the Offensive Coordinator at Arizona State for 4 years, including 2 years also serving as the Assistant Head Coach.