Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tom Bowen?

Started by WalHog2018, November 21, 2017, 08:28:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WalHog2018

Any chance Tom Bowen could be the next AD? Has done a heck of a job at Memphis..

ipigsooie

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 21, 2017, 08:28:37 pm
Any chance Tom Bowen could be the next AD? Has done a heck of a job at Memphis..

His agent is out of Fort Smith.....

Ironhawg

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 08:50:43 pm

Hmm.  Take a little short flight over to Memphis, negotiate a deal for an AD and HC and back in time for supper!  Sounds like a plan!

online-with-swine

2 for 1 special at Memphis?

husker71

you know AD is in charge of more than just the football team right??  Memphis mens basketball is a trainwreck IMHO.   

Ironhawg

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 21, 2017, 09:01:25 pm
2 for 1 special at Memphis?

I was kidding until I read some about him.  He started as a high school football coach and worked him way up to work in the front office for the 49ers.  He is credited with leading Memphis in the transition from Conference-USA to AAC.  He led a $40 million renovation to athletic facilities and led efforts in improving athlete academic performance. 

ipigsooie

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 21, 2017, 09:05:20 pm
I was kidding until I read some about him.  He started as a high school football coach and worked him way up to work in the front office for the 49ers.  He is credited with leading Memphis in the transition from Conference-USA to AAC.  He led a $40 million renovation to athletic facilities and led efforts in improving athlete academic performance.

Also he has memphis making money like theyve never made before. Thats a really big pull. And our bb program is rolling. I dont see him messing with CMA or DVH.

WalHog2018

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 08:50:43 pm
Oh wow, didn't know that. I wonder if he is being considered/has his agent gotten a phone call.

Honestly, Im just confused about the AD search.  Read on here that the choice has been made, mod's confirm, then listen to Bo and he says I committee hasnt been formed and will make the decision.

WalHog2018

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 09:10:53 pm
Also he has memphis making money like theyve never made before. Thats a really big pull. And our bb program is rolling. I dont see him messing with CMA or DVH.
Yea, they are making $$$. I wonder if the "no arkansas ties" would hurt. Or would his agent being from Arkansas help? Idk.

Arkansas Fan

Get him and Norvell, then.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 21, 2017, 10:09:42 pm
Get him and Norvell, then.

This sure seems like a ready solution to a challenging situation.   The coach played college ball in Arkansas, so he knows how Hog fans are.  The AD has been in Memphis for five years so he probably has at least some knowledge of Arkansas.  A quality AD who can raise money and values academics and a high energy coach. 

King Kong

He has done a great job with the Football department. Also runs a clean basketball program (which is the reason some Memphis ppl want him gone)

Paul

Quote from: husker71 on November 21, 2017, 09:02:51 pm
you know AD is in charge of more than just the football team right??  Memphis mens basketball is a trainwreck IMHO.
they just christened a $20 million B.B. practice facility last week. An AD can only do so much

WalHog2018

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 21, 2017, 11:04:28 pm
This sure seems like a ready solution to a challenging situation.   The coach played college ball in Arkansas, so he knows how Hog fans are.  The AD has been in Memphis for five years so he probably has at least some knowledge of Arkansas.  A quality AD who can raise money and values academics and a high energy coach.
this fires me up