Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10th assistant coach

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, January 08, 2018, 06:53:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The NCAA approval of a 10th assistant coach goes in effect tomorrow (Jan 9th). Chad Morris has made it clear that he wants to announce his entire staff all at once (for whatever reason). That fact that he couldn't announce his 10th assistant is likely the reason he hasn't announced the full staff (officially). We could see the staff announced at any time on/after Jan 9th.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

stahawg

Made it clear? When and what exactly did he say? Thanks.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: stahawg on January 08, 2018, 07:21:03 am
Made it clear? When and what exactly did he say? Thanks.
I believe it was said on the Finebaum show. It has been talked about on Arkansas sports radio for a couple weeks now and is pretty common knowledge
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Well, about half of the schools have already announced who would be their 10th coach, so he could have "announced" him, just wouldn't have been official. Anyway, we'll soon know who they hires are, good luck to them.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Agreed. I don't understand him wanting to announce his entire staff at the same time. What purpose does that serve? While conference foes are getting their staffs in place we look like the guy who took his cousin to prom because he couldn't get a date. They cant have contact with recruits right now so perception is everything

colbs

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 08, 2018, 08:21:48 am
Agreed. I don't understand him wanting to announce his entire staff at the same time. What purpose does that serve? While conference foes are getting their staffs in place we look like the guy who took his cousin to prom because he couldn't get a date. They cant have contact with recruits right now so perception is everything
I doubt anyone besides Razorback fans care. 

hawgtime

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 08, 2018, 08:21:48 am

I agree. I really wonder why this is delayed and I also want to know if there are any negative effects to waiting this long.  I am impatient but is it really hurting the team, our recruiting, our overall impression with the high school community.  What other impacts positive or negative could this have?

go HOGS.

Tim Harris

Although I don't understand the reasoning for waiting it will be interesting to see when contracts were actually signed.  The guys from SMU had temporary contacts that allowed them to recruit during the early signing period even though they were never announced officially by the university.  It could be that many of the guys have already signed contracts.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 08, 2018, 08:30:50 am
Although I don't understand the reasoning for waiting it will be interesting to see when contracts were actually signed.  The guys from SMU had temporary contacts that allowed them to recruit during the early signing period even though they were never announced officially by the university.  It could be that many of the guys have already signed contracts.

I know Matt Jones sent the UofA a FOI request last week and they basically said, we've been out of the office, we'll get back with you, haha. Supposedly they had staff meetings starting on Thursday, I guess we'll see when the time ends on the FOI, or they announce the hires, which ever is first.

Pigsknuckles

Comical to be filing FOI requests only a couple months following a complete program house cleaning. I know we all have questions, and opinions, but it is much cleaner administratively to respond to global questions about staff selection rather than get bogged down trying to respond to minutia about each individual candidate. We aren't part of the process, Let it play out. I wouldn't worry about recruits being left to die on the vine.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ricepig

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 08, 2018, 09:05:13 am
Comical to be filing FOI requests only a couple months following a complete program house cleaning. I know we all have questions, and opinions, but it is much cleaner administratively to respond to global questions about staff selection rather than get bogged down trying to respond to minutia about each individual candidate. We aren't part of the process, Let it play out. I wouldn't worry about recruits being left to die on the vine.

Well, I think he filed the request for the coaches who's contracts expired Dec 31. The only way the public knows the salaries and terms is through these.

oldhawg

A symptom fostered by the electronic age. "I want to know, and I want to know now!"

With probably less than ten scholarships available to offer, I seriously doubt that recruiting is going to be irreparably damaged because Morris wants to delay introduction of staff members until this week. He likely already has a pretty good idea who those few scholarships are going to.  All the serious recruiting is directed towards next year, and there is time for that.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: oldhawg on January 08, 2018, 09:53:04 am
A symptom fostered by the electronic age. "I want to know, and I want to know now!"

With probably less than ten scholarships available to offer, I seriously doubt that recruiting is going to be irreparably damaged because Morris wants to delay introduction of staff members until this week. He likely already has a pretty good idea who those few scholarships are going to.  All the serious recruiting is directed towards next year, and there is time for that.
symptom of what? Of course we want to know now. We get instant answers all the time. Life is too short to be waiting on information.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

oldhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 08, 2018, 10:15:51 am
symptom of what? Of course we want to know now. We get instant answers all the time. Life is too short to be waiting on information.

Generational differences.  Nothing wrong with timely, useful information.  Just my opinion, but knowing today who Arkansas's football coaches are does not fall in that category ---- yet here I am reading HV.  Go figure. :) 

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 08, 2018, 10:15:51 am
You get your info so quickly it always ends up wrong.

And that is the problem with the twitter generation.  Instead of waiting for real news, you just make darn up.
All Gas, No Brakes!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: oldhawg on January 08, 2018, 09:53:04 am

Not saying i know any better but all the 2018 offers that have went out recently seems to say he has no idea who will fill those spots.

ricepig

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 08, 2018, 11:14:44 am
Not saying i know any better but all the 2018 offers that have went out recently seems to say he has no idea who will fill those spots.

I believe it says he knows who will fill those positions.

netteltonhog

Maybe, just maybe our new head coach thinks press conferences suck and doesn't like doing them. So instead of wasting valuable time announcing every coach as their hired to do it all at once.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 08, 2018, 10:43:38 am
You get your info so quickly it always ends up wrong.

And that is the problem with the twitter generation.  Instead of waiting for real news, you just make darn up.

QFT

If he could go pick us up a good 3 star somewhere that is more important and a press conference.

woodrow hog call

It's actually pretty funny that the hogville mantra has gone from "shut up and win some games" to "boo hoo why can't we have a press conference" in such a short time.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

goodguytex

The staff will all be announced in good time, just have to be patient. And hopefully we won't have to go through this whole process again for a very long time. I hope I'm an old codger looking back on the Hogs having won multiple NCs when we have to go through this again.