Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the deal with...

Started by Hopeful Hog, January 05, 2018, 08:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopeful Hog

What's the deal with Matt Canada? He's getting kicked out of LSU but what's his story? I thought he was a good coach. Anyone think we should bring him in?

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 05, 2018, 08:54:02 pm
What's the deal with Matt Canada? He's getting kicked out of LSU but what's his story? I thought he was a good coach. Anyone think we should bring him in?

Ed O handcuffed his offense about like Bret did Enos

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I wouldn't have any idea one way or another as to whether it's a good deal or not, but if CCM hires him I would expect it's a good thing.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ChicoHog

I have heard numerous reports that Ed does not like all the motion in the offense and is not happy with Canada's offensive style. 

factchecker

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on January 05, 2018, 08:57:08 pm
Ed O handcuffed his offense about like Bret did Enos

Funny because people blamed Bielema for the same when Canada was his OC at Wisconsin.

Canada reportedly had the same issue at NC State as well.

I'm beginning to think this is a Canada issue not an (insert any other coach beside Canada here) issue.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogindasticks

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 05, 2018, 09:01:29 pm
I have heard numerous reports that Ed does not like all the motion in the offense and is not happy with Canada's offensive style.

Prolly cause he can't understand it....too simple minded...lousiana backwata ate all his brain cells.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 05, 2018, 09:01:29 pm

I will say this much ... I watched a good bit of the LSU / Notre Dame game ... there was a lot of shifting by LSU's offense before the snap, and after the first couple series ND would just stand and watch. No following ... all the moving around seemed really useless, and a little juvenile.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: factchecker on January 05, 2018, 09:02:26 pm
Funny because people blamed Bielema for the same when Canada was his OC at Wisconsin.

Canada reportedly had the same issue at NC State as well.

I'm beginning to think this is a Canada issue not an (insert any other coach beside Canada here) issue.

But his offense got him runner up to the Broyles award just a year ago.

EastexHawg

Orgeron is a simpleton who will destroy what is left of LSU football before long.

factchecker

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on January 05, 2018, 09:08:31 pm

But his offense got him runner up to the Broyles award just a year ago.

Must be his attitude or whatever else that's causing friction with other coaches.

If he was leaving for better jobs and not being fired or dismissed then you could argue that he was just taking a step up.

Canada is not taking a step up.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: factchecker on January 05, 2018, 09:12:10 pm
Must be his attitude or whatever else that's causing friction with other coaches.

If he was leaving for better jobs and not being fired or dismissed then you could argue that he was just taking a step up.

Canada is not taking a step up.

If I had a playbook and could only use 3 pages of it I'd have an attitude as well.  Just strange he goes to Pitt and have free reigns and would've won the Broyles award if it wasn't for a guy with the last name Venables.

factchecker

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on January 05, 2018, 09:23:24 pm
If I had a playbook and could only use 3 pages of it I'd have an attitude as well.  Just strange he goes to Pitt and have free reigns and would've won the Broyles award if it wasn't for a guy with the last name Venables.

Couldn't get along with Bielema at Wisconsin.  Fine.  Blame Bielema.

Couldn't get along with Doeren at NC State.  Fired by Doeren. Ok.... something doesn't seem right but ok.

Leaves Pitt for a step up to coach at LSU.  Makes sense.

Parts with LSU after one season.... RED FLAG!
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: factchecker on January 05, 2018, 09:24:14 pm
Couldn't get along with Bielema at Wisconsin.  Fine.  Blame Bielema.

Couldn't get along with Doeren at NC State.  Fired by Doeren. Ok.... something doesn't seem right but ok.

Leaves Pitt for a step up to coach at LSU.  Makes sense.

Parts with LSU after one season.... RED FLAG!

Couldn't get along with Doeren at NC State but Doeren hired him at Northern Illinois when Doeren left Wisconsin. Then Doeren hired him at NCState. Interesting...

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on January 05, 2018, 09:37:28 pm
Couldn't get along with Doeren at NC State but Doeren hired him at Northern Illinois when Doeren left Wisconsin. Then Doeren hired him at NCState. Interesting...

And Fired him after setting school records on offense.... Interesting

factchecker

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on January 05, 2018, 09:37:28 pm

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 05, 2018, 09:39:05 pm

Very interesting.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 05, 2018, 08:54:02 pm
Anyone think we should bring him in?

Beyond any other fact the short answer to this is no.

Why?

If you understood football you would know that Canada does not run an offense that meshes with Morris' philosophy.

If you followed the Razorbacks you would also know that (although not officially announced) we already have an OC.  His name is Joe Craddock.

https://twitter.com/CoachCraddock

I'd give Canada a shot if he wants to work as an analysts for 50K.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

lilRockNDubb

Because Doeren wanted to play more tempo and Canada isn't tempo. Not because of his play calling or his attitude.

IronHog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 05, 2018, 09:03:46 pm
Prolly cause he can't understand it....too simple minded...lousiana backwata ate all his brain cells.

LSU has been low IQ football for a long time

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on January 05, 2018, 10:08:26 pm
Because Doeren wanted to play more tempo and Canada isn't tempo. Not because of his play calling or his attitude.

Link? If it was about changing tempo he would have left Canada left for another job. Not fired him

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 05, 2018, 10:33:27 pm
Link? If it was about changing tempo he would have left Canada left for another job. Not fired him

https://247sports.com/tu/MTkzOTY0NXRpbnkyNDc=

And who replaced Canada at NCState? Eliah Drinkwitz... a Malzahn student. And what does Gus run? Tempo.

Kevin

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on January 05, 2018, 10:08:26 pm
Because Doeren wanted to play more tempo and Canada isn’t tempo. Not because of his play calling or his attitude.

doeren's seat was getting hot, he had to make a change
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Inhogswetrust

This is what truly throws up a red flag. A coach doesn't get fired for good stats unless there are other issues that overwhelm it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi