Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Notre Dame’s DC Mike Elko to Texas A&M free -up Chavis?

Started by SirCHog2, January 04, 2018, 08:05:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 09:51:16 pm
At least Hogville is faster at making announcements than the UA.

That's because Hogville has the luxury of making many different announcements about who will fill the same job.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

opineonswine

A&M hired Jimbo before we hired CM. They hired Elko yesterday. I don't see anything unusual about our timeline.

colbs

Quote from: opineonswine on January 05, 2018, 10:36:58 am
A&M hired Jimbo before we hired CM. They hired Elko yesterday. I don't see anything unusual about our timeline.
Shhh Arkansas is the only team that hasn't completed their staff.

Inkyhog66

Are we sure Arkansas has not completed their staff, or at ay least close to completing?

HogPharmer

HV is faster at making the wrong announcements too...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

azhog10

Could other teams be shelling out a lot of money for DC and defensive staff because they know Arkansas has BV coming?

Michael D Huff AIA

But are the announcements close to being correct?  The magic 8 ball says no.

Pork Twain

95% of them are incorrect. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

pigmania

Quote from: opineonswine on January 05, 2018, 10:36:58 am
I would think Arkansas would make the announcement now, so that kids who are looking at coming here would have some assurances that we have a staff put together and ready to go. I just don't believe this sits well letting this drag out. Even during a dead period, kids are still paying attention to what's going on.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 10:34:02 pm
You usually fire a guy then hire his replacement, not hire a guy and keep holding on to the guy he is suppose to replace. My question is why hasn't A&M not fired Chavis yet? What are they waiting for?

A school stupid enough to pay for his minuscule buyout.....  Aggie crap, ya know...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

farmhawg

Quote from: azhog10 on January 05, 2018, 11:11:19 am
Could other teams be shelling out a lot of money for DC and defensive staff because they know Arkansas has BV coming?
I bet that's it!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

colbs

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 11:53:01 am
I would think Arkansas would make the announcement now, so that kids who are looking at coming here would have some assurances that we have a staff put together and ready to go. I just don't believe this sits well letting this drag out. Even during a dead period, kids are still paying attention to what's going on.
Unless the coaches have told them who the DC is.

opineonswine

Quote from: colbs on January 05, 2018, 12:02:41 pm

Ding, ding, ding
Why would Richard emphatically say it's Chavis ?  What does Richard do and who does he talk to?

pigmania

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 05, 2018, 11:58:46 am
A school stupid enough to pay for his minuscule buyout.....  Aggie crap, ya know...
I think the Aggies are dragging this out by not firing him. They are trying to get the UA to pay his buyout. They also know the longer we take to put together a full staff and make the announcement, the more it's going to effect recruiting.

greenie

Something is holding this up...

- waiting for DC to officially accept/sign contract
- waiting for all 10 coaching hires
- AD is trying to find the money
- waiting to see if the ground hog sees his shadow
- desire to build anticipation
- trying to decide if he really needs a defense, or just more offense

I'm out of ideas...and my mind is starting to gravitate towards conspiracy!  Maybe ESPN is behind this, since they hate Arkansas so much.

huntindoc

Quote from: colbs on January 05, 2018, 12:02:41 pm

If that's the case it's the first time I can remember that many 18-22 yo kids keeping a secret.

It obviously appears to be Chavis.  The hold up is probably legal wrangling with TAMU or finalizing the other assistant coaches to be able to announce it all at once.

Athog

Wow that gives me confidence!

dethnode

If Chavis contract is guaranteed in full, then wouldn't it make sense for TAMU to not fire him, they have to pay him either way, might as well keep him on staff in name only, with no responsibilities. 

If they have to pay him either way, at least this way they aren't paying him to coach against them...

colbs

Quote from: dethnode on January 05, 2018, 12:15:15 pm
If Chavis contract is guaranteed in full, then wouldn't it make sense for TAMU to not fire him, they have to pay him either way, might as well keep him on staff in name only, with no responsibilities. 

If they have to pay him either way, at least this way they aren't paying him to coach against them...
If he goes somewhere else it would lower what A&M owes him.  They owe him $1.6M.  If Arkansas pays him $1M then A&M would just owe him $600,000.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 12:05:04 pm
I think the Aggies are dragging this out by not firing him. They are trying to get the UA to pay his buyout. They also know the longer we take to put together a full staff and make the announcement, the more it's going to effect recruiting.
not smart for aTm to do when AR only has 10 scholarships with 8 signed already... Then they are the Aggies.
Pittman or Bust!

Nashville Fan

They can only have 10. His contract is as a coach. They would only be able to hire 9 other.s They may as well make him coach. That is not going to happen... Then they are the Aggies.
Pittman or Bust!

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

PonderinHog

HogNTX

Quote from: Three and Snout on January 05, 2018, 02:00:30 am
Are you implying Elko is going to resign from A&M tomorrow?

I was simply implying that A&M isn't likely to relieve Chavis or duties and contract until they've got dry ink. Announced is one thing... signed is another.

It's only a matter of time before the FOIA requests reveal the coaching staff anyway

King Kong

They can't make him stay on staff if he isn't DC

Pork Twain

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 05, 2018, 09:58:26 pm
Next Friday, maybe?
Until then, none of this matters.

I have no connections or sources, but I would expect an announcement mid-next week or before

pigmania

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 05, 2018, 11:18:21 pm
Until then, none of this matters.

I have no connections or sources, but I would expect an announcement mid-next week or before
That's what most of y'all said a week ago. But who cares. It all about hammer down.

East Clintwood

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 10:34:02 pm
You usually fire a guy then hire his replacement, not hire a guy and keep holding on to the guy he is suppose to replace. My question is why hasn't A&M not fired Chavis yet? What are they waiting for?

If they fire him, then they have to pay him the buyout.

They're hoping that we'll blink first and have to pay them.

It's a standoff.  Who'll blink first?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

colbs

Quote from: East Clintwood on January 06, 2018, 07:30:34 pm

If they fire him, then they have to pay him the buyout.

They're hoping that we'll blink first and have to pay them.

It's a standoff.  Who'll blink first?
Who says he's still employeed by A&M?

azhog10

Quote from: colbs on January 06, 2018, 07:37:03 pm
Who says he's still employeed by A&M?
Yes. Hence why he's not actually working here. That's just a hunch of BS.

colbs

Quote from: azhog10 on January 06, 2018, 07:53:04 pm
Yes. Hence why he's not actually working here. That's just a hunch of BS.
Again how do you know he hasn't been released yet?

huntindoc

He's no longer listed on their coaching staff and he was earlier in the week.

oldhawg

How does Chavis's contract read?  Is he contractually obligated to be the defensive co-ordinator?  Or can A&M use him in some other capacity in the athletic department?  If the Ag's have to pay him the full amount of his contract if he is fired, they just as well keep him and put him in the film room as a consultant.  That's one way to prevent him from going to another SEC school for another year.  Let's see who blinks first.

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: colbs on January 06, 2018, 07:55:04 pm
Again how do you know he hasn't been released yet?

Because it would be reported by every sports news site in this country.

Phil D

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 09:29:11 pm
interesting that A&M can name their new DC sooner than we can, when we're suppose to get Chavis. Can't figure out why it takes us so long to make announcements.

well I for one am pretty sure no one cares why you cant figure it out.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

colbs

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 06, 2018, 11:28:06 pm
Because it would be reported by every sports news site in this country.
During coaching changes most aren't reported until they take another job.