Started by checkraiser88, January 04, 2018, 05:24:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Hogindasticks

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hogindasticks

DuckTalesLOL

Maybe when pigs fly... We have some fast piggies on our team, but they aren't flying yet.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 04, 2018, 05:25:16 pm
is this real?
even if it is, clemson could easily match that raise.  heck they may have already planned on more than that given they made it to the playoffs again.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

SooieGeneris

It might take RR 2.1 million tries to pronounce both of BVs names correctly. Back in the day, he would constantly say "BRENT Favre," used to drive me nuts. As a GB fan, you'd think he could get his favorite team's QB's name right..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

LawyerHog50

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

LawyerHog50

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 04, 2018, 05:27:50 pm
even if it is, clemson could easily match that raise.  heck they may have already planned on more than that given they made it to the playoffs again.

We can go up to 3.5 mil.

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

LawyerHog50

PonderinHog

PorkSoda

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on January 04, 2018, 05:31:08 pm
We can go up to 3.5 mil.

as CO-HC?

then we hire Chavis as DC for our tenth assistant I assume?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 04, 2018, 05:28:15 pm
It might take RR 2.1 million tries to pronounce both of BVs names correctly. Back in the day, he would constantly say "BRENT Favre," used to drive me nuts. As a GB fan, you'd think he could get his favorite team's QB's name right..

I used to like Mexycuh Chiquita.  Wish someone would put together a tape of all the Rainwaterisms.

HogHomer

Tusks

MemphisBossHog

Dave Aranda is going to get $2.5M per yr for 4 yrs at LSU as DC so $2.1M wont even make Venables or anyone the highest paid assistant.

If ARK ponies up $2.1--$2.5M per year for Venables, that would be way out of character for them.  Not saying Ark cannot come up  with the cash.  Jerrah could cut a check to supplement the university and the Razorback Foundation and they all 3 could come up with whatever it takes but Clemson isnt going to let Venables go without a counter offer and who knows if he would even want to leave the setup he has there. 

I would love for it to be true but that just does not sound like something Arkansas would do unfortunately.

LawyerHog50

Albert Einswine

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 04, 2018, 05:28:15 pm

Brett Vendables
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

LawyerHog50

rljjr

Quote from: HogHomer on January 04, 2018, 05:34:35 pm
And you say that because?

Hey! How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does.

LawyerHog50

Tusks

LawyerHog50

Quote from: rljjr on January 04, 2018, 05:39:32 pm
Hey! How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does.

Inhogswetrust

January 04, 2018, 05:41:52 pm #26 Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:26:49 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: MemphisBossHog on January 04, 2018, 05:35:40 pm
Dave Aranda is going to get $2.5M per yr for 4 yrs at LSU as DC so $2.1M wont even make Venables or anyone the highest paid assistant.

If ARK ponies up $2.1--$2.5M per year for Venables, that would be way out of character for them.  Not saying Ark cannot come up  with the cash.  Jerrah could cut a check to supplement the university and the Razorback Foundation and they all 3 could come up with whatever it takes but Clemson isnt going to let Venables go without a counter offer and who knows if he would even want to leave the setup he has there. 

I would love for it to be true but that just does not sound like something Arkansas would do unfortunately.

Jerrah called. He said to tell you to cut the damn check and leave his money alone to do as he pleases.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

My cousin said they work only in Alabama..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Gizmo

woodrow hog call

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

rljjr

LawyerHog50

Quote from: rljjr on January 04, 2018, 05:47:02 pm
Shhhhhhhh!!! Don't inject facts.

Vendables can pay his son off with the extra 400000 hes gonna get.

"Your inheritance just got way bigger son. And things are gonna get way easier here. Oh, and 50 grand wont hurt."

woodrow hog call

Quote from: rljjr on January 04, 2018, 05:47:02 pm
Shhhhhhhh!!! Don't inject facts.

Because all coaches coach the team their son is on? This aint the peewee league.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

regi

Don't know if it is real,  or his agent working for Venebles like he should.  He will replace the old man at K State soon anyway,  not sure how long he would stay.  Also. STOP ACTING LIKE CLEMSON IS A CFB SUPER  POWER.  They are not.  They are a nice program,  and Dabo is over achieving. They are not a program flush with money,  and prior to Dabo,  and Petrino giving way to Long/Smith/Bert,  Arkansas had  more all time wins than Clemson,  against stiffer competition.  Clemson is 18-44-2 all time vs UGA,  15-34-2 all time vs AU,  4-14 all time vs Bama 5-12 vs Tennessee and 3-9 all time vs UF.  So let's not make Clemson out to be somebody,  they are not.

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on January 04, 2018, 05:49:22 pm
Vendables can pay his son off with the extra 400000 hes gonna get.

"Your inheritance just got way bigger son. And things are gonna get way easier here. Oh, and 50 grand wont hurt."

You may want to change that profile picture you have there. There is absolutely no chance Venables is coming to Arkansas.

rljjr

Quote from: regi on January 04, 2018, 05:51:43 pm
Don't know if it is real,  or his agent working for Venebles like he should.  He will replace the old man at K State soon anyway,  not sure how long he would stay.  Also. STOP ACTING LIKE CLEMSON IS A CFB SUPER  POWER.  They are not.  They are a nice program,  and Dabo is over achieving. They are not a program flush with money,  and prior to Dabo,  and Petrino giving way to Long/Smith/Bert,  Arkansas had  more all time wins than Clemson,  against stiffer competition.  Clemson is 18-44-2 all time vs UGA,  15-34-2 all time vs AU,  4-14 all time vs Bama 5-12 vs Tennessee and 3-9 all time vs UF.  So let's not make Clemson out to be somebody,  they are not.

If they're not somebody I'd like to be their kind of nobody.

RME

Lol

Quote from: rljjr on January 04, 2018, 05:55:13 pm

Sign me up as well.

TDHawgs

Not even gonna get my hope up on this. I don't believe in sources anymore.

HogPharmer

Let's also not act like we wouldn't love to have the success they have had the last several years as well. Success breeds success. They have the ball rolling, which perpetuates success.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Gizmo

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TDHawgs on January 04, 2018, 05:57:19 pm
Not even gonna get my hope up on this. I don't believe in sources anymore.

Sources are the debil.

regi

Quote from: rljjr on January 04, 2018, 05:55:13 pm

Oh,  I would kill to be where they have been since 2010. Point is,  they are not a Bama,  a UGA,  Ohio St,  or USC,  where you roll out of bed,  and win 8 games with little effort.  Its a small town in the woods,  with a nice lake ..lol

farmhawg

I doubt kstate would take him based on when he was there.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TDHawgs

Yeah, I think you might be on to something..  :-\  Well.. we are undefeated in 2018, and Clemson is 0-1 already.. so we win! lol 8)

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TDHawgs on January 04, 2018, 06:02:22 pm
Yeah, I think you might be on to something..  :-\  Well.. we are undefeated in 2018, and Clemson is 0-1 already.. so we win! lol 8)

Nice.  +1

Flrazrback

Is CBV a client of Jimmy Sexton?  He is going to get a heck of a raise.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 04, 2018, 05:41:52 pm
Jerra called. He said to tell you to cut the damn check and leave his money alone to do as he pleases.
not sure what your point is but all I said was he COULD send a check.  Not saying he would nor does he have to.  There are several other Hog boosters who could do the same.  Jerrah is just the most notable.   The point is that IF its deemed necessary to pay Venables or whoever $2.5M per year, it CAN be done, but thats not saying it will be done.  Like you said, its Jerry's money and he can choose to spend it the way he wants.  He has done plenty for the university already.

I just think it would be out of the ordinary for Ark to step out and spend that kind of cash.  Its NOT out of the ordinary for A$M or LSU or some other schools to do that but it is for Ark.  I would love to see that kind of commitment but that would be surprising to be sure.

King Kong

Quote from: Gizmo on January 04, 2018, 05:44:35 pm
Isn't his son a Clemson commit?

More than that he is a Clemson signee.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

It just does...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

grayhawg