Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank Goodness Arkansas Didn't Hire Rich Rodriguez

Started by NaturalStateReb, January 04, 2018, 10:14:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

SooieGeneris

Back in 2007, Alabama came close to hiring Rich Rod away from WVU. It was only after he and maybe 2-3 others turned the Tide down that they turned to Saban.

It took them awhile to get Saban to leave the Dolphins, he turned them down at least once and issued the infamous "I'm not going to Alabama" statement to the Miami press before he finally accepted.

Just think about how different things would be had Saban gotten Drew Brees to be his QB, stayed there and Rich Rod had gone to 'Bama. The Miami team Doctors wouldn't sign off on Brees' surgically repaired shoulder. If I recall correctly, one of the 'Fins Docs is the father of Danny Kanell, college football self-appointed "expert"..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

DukeOfPork

That dude might be done with coaching.  He needs to go into politics.

Captain Hogthrob

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wild Bill Hog

IronMountainHog

But all the Petrino lovers out there were not only pissed because he was fired, they would have hired him back this past December. What he did was much more egregious than what Rich Rod did. Both had affairs, but Petrinos was an employee. I'm assuming Rich Rods was a grown woman, Petrinos mistress was roughly same age as his daughter. Rich Rod admitted his affair, Petrino lied. But BP is still great here and Rich Rod is trash? Got it.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 04, 2018, 11:51:01 am
But all the Petrino lovers out there were not only pissed because he was fired, they would have hired him back this past December. What he did was much more egregious than what Rich Rod did. Both had affairs, but Petrinos was an employee. I'm assuming Rich Rods was a grown woman, Petrinos mistress was roughly same age as his daughter. Rich Rod admitted his affair, Petrino lied. But BP is still great here and Rich Rod is trash? Got it.

Petrino's GF was a grown woman as well.  She had a Masters degree and a few years working experience.  BP is a great coach, but that isn't what this thread is about.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 11:54:48 am
Petrino's GF was a grown women as well.  She had a Masters degree and a few years working experience.  BP is a great coach, but that isn't what this thread is about.

The comparison is apt though

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 12:02:40 pm
If you want it to be.

No , it simply is.

Ignoring a fact doesn't mean the fact no longer exists. It simply means you are ignoring a fact.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 04, 2018, 12:06:50 pm
No , it simply is.

Ignoring a fact doesn't mean the fact no longer exists. It simply means you are ignoring a fact.

Each of us has an opinion.  They are different.  So be it.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 12:08:57 pm
Each of us has an opinion.  They are different.  So be it.
It boils down Rich Rod was a prick and he had an affair. That is different how?

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 04, 2018, 12:12:50 pm
It boils down Rich Rod was a prick and he had an affair. That is different how?

He doesn't want to admit a good point was made, beast to just move on.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 04, 2018, 12:24:21 pm
He doesn't want to admit a good point was made, beast to just move on.

So if you're not a beast you can't move on?

Hawghiggs

RedBird5

Rich Rod didn't give the person he was having an affair with a job over many other, more qualified applicants....that's the issue.  Just an affair and BP doesn't get fired

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 04, 2018, 11:51:01 am
YOU NEED to actually know WTH you are talking about before you post. It sexual assault/harassment , not his many affairs, that got him fired.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 04, 2018, 01:12:06 pm
YOU NEED to actually know WTH you are talking about before you post. It sexual assault/harassment , not his many affairs, that got him fired.
Where are all these lawsuits against the U of ARK?  Were they secretly paid by the Razorback Foundation?

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: RedBird5 on January 04, 2018, 01:04:01 pm
Rich Rod didn't give the person he was having an affair with a job over many other, more qualified applicants....that's the issue.  Just an affair and BP doesn't get fired

Exactly, if he had just paid that girl $50K a year out of his own pocket to be his whore, he'd likely still be our coach.

Wild Bill Hog

Who were the more qualified applicants?  This was never shown to be true.  You do know Long went along with the hire don't you?

Long was wanting to get rid of Petrino and Petrino's lying to him gave him an excuse to do it.  Petrino played right into his hands.

HogFansReunited

I am guessing you interviewed all the other candidates for the job and you know for a fact that others were more qualified?  I am also guessing that you know that it was Long that actually made the hire.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

IronMountainHog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 04, 2018, 01:22:15 pm
I am guessing you interviewed all the other candidates for the job and you know for a fact that others were more qualified?  I am also guessing that you know that it was Long that actually made the hire.
https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jessica-dorrell-bobby-petrino-arkansas-razorbacks-resigns-from-position-041712

She had 4 years experience, while 9 of the other 159 she beat out had 10 years experience.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 04, 2018, 01:12:06 pm
They haven't proven he sexually harassed her. However, we gave Jessica Dorrell $14,000 to settle.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 04, 2018, 03:40:41 pm
https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jessica-dorrell-bobby-petrino-arkansas-razorbacks-resigns-from-position-041712

She had 4 years experience, while 9 of the other 159 she beat out had 10 years experience.

Doing the exact same jobs at the U of A?  How many of them had their names in the sidewalk?  This was not a high paying job, so why were people with 10 years of experience applying for it?

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.