Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now that the dust has settled

Started by Hogsolo, January 04, 2018, 05:48:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tusksincolorado

Quote from: GuvHog on January 07, 2018, 03:55:12 pm
Wrong. Norvell did turn down the Ole Miss Job. There were no questionable issues on the table, he had a lot of support on the hill. Coach Morris just had more.

Right...you are wrong.

Remember taking your meds in a timely manner will help your to distinguish reality from fantasy.

JJ supported the Morris hire.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

SooieGeneris

January 08, 2018, 01:28:21 am #151 Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 01:51:51 am by SooieGeneris
Quote from: HeathWimp on January 04, 2018, 10:53:04 am
We definitely took the safe way out with Morris.  We are going to regret this hire, sooner rather than later I think.  SMU was not in as bad a condition as people are saying. June Jones won there at a higher level than Morris ever did.  Also, Morris did absolutely squat with the recruiting opportunity he had.  I know, I know, it was only 10 days or so, but if he was a great recruiter, I think we would have seen him sway at least some high-level guys.  We'll see what he does in the spring, but I'm not hopeful.  Lastly, I don't think I even need to bring up his defenses, lol.

Norvell may have had some baggage, but hard to believe it is anything that crippling, or Memphis would not have extended him.  At a school like Arkansas, we have to take some chances to be successful, and we missed our chance with Norvell.  I guess our brand is still "Integrity Above All," so we couldn't take any risks at all with this hire.

The year before CM got to SMU, June Jones had left in the middle of the season. They went 1-11 that year. Averaged 11 points per game, gave up 41 per game. They scored 13 or fewer points in 9 of 12 games. Point differential was 133 scored vs 496 given up. It doesn't get much worse than that.

I thought the same thing originally, then did some research. That is what I found. It gave me a whole different POV..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: GuvHog on January 04, 2018, 12:38:02 pm
It is simple. The Virginia Tech offense that beat Arkansas in the Belk Bowl after the 2016 season was Mike Norvell's offense.

Actually, it was Bert who beat us in the Belk Bowl, that offense had how many points in the 1st half? Then Bert's 2nd half wizardry kicked in..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: GuvHog on January 05, 2018, 11:27:29 am
I didn't state how long Fuente stayed in Arizona nor did I say how many times they met while he was there.

Only Rafael Cruz, Ted's dad, who according to the National Enquirer was involved in the Kennedy Assassination, knows for sure? Or Miss Clio maybe?

racinghog

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on January 05, 2018, 06:33:48 am
I drink a lot. Guess I need to throw my VCR tape of recorded games out. Can I change OU/Tex to Ohio State and Michigan?
Why yes you can. But keep those tapes they may be valuable.

GuvHog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 07, 2018, 10:18:53 pm
Right...you are wrong.

Remember taking your meds in a timely manner will help your to distinguish reality from fantasy.

JJ supported the Morris hire.

Nothing fantasy about it. What I said is true.

I agree, JJ did support the Morris hire. I never said he didn't.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on January 08, 2018, 08:15:17 am

Nothing fantasy about it. What I said is true.

I agree, JJ did support the Morris hire. I never said he didn't.
Even though you are consistently way off base with everything and make up much of what you say, at least you are consistent.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

GuvHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 08, 2018, 09:24:56 am
Even though you are consistently way off base with everything and make up much of what you say, at least you are consistent.

You're darn right I'm consistent. I refuse to sit idly by and let some posters degrade and tarnish a good coach who didn't get the Arkansas job. There's just no reason for it. I like coach Morris and he has my support but if he hadn't gotten the job, I wouldn't be trashing him like some on here are trashing Norvell. It's not necessary to trash Norvell to make Morris look better. Morris is a good coach in his on right.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: GuvHog on January 08, 2018, 09:33:43 am
You're darn right I'm consistent. I refuse to sit idly by and let some posters degrade and tarnish a good coach who didn't get the Arkansas job. There's just no reason for it. I like coach Morris and he has my support but if he hadn't gotten the job, I wouldn't be trashing him like some on here are trashing Norvell. It's not necessary to trash Norvell to make Morris look better. Morris is a good coach in his on right.
Very few are trashing Norvell.  More are trashing the rumors you are trying to pass off as facts.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/