Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on A-State Recruiting and 2015 Outlook

Started by Seminole Indian, February 25, 2015, 09:22:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Again defying the universally held belief that it takes a few years for a program's recruiting and on the field performance, to rebound from a coaching change,  A-State again put together arguably the best recruiting class in the SBC, and one of the best in G5.

The 247 composite ratings (which also uses the rankings of the other major recruiting sites) has the A-State class as one of the few G5's with a .80+ average player ranking (highest in the SBC) which translates into  a class of 3-Star athletes (defying another commonly held belief that G5's only sign 2-star athletes).

The nice thing for A-State is the bulk of the talent from last year's very young team return( basically all of the skill players), and they have addressed the few  immediate needs they had with mid-term signees, transfers, and quality players from  last year's outstanding class. That meant this year's February signees were not being recruited to fill immediate needs, something most feel has to be the case for a G5 program to sign 3-star types
What this influx of talent to an already talented ( but still young) roster of players means is that those in the  media are again predicting that A-State is poised for another successful season.

The fact that for the first time in half a decade the coaching staff returns intact, has many predicting a potential championship run.

All expresses continued amazement that this is still the case  for a program that has had to deal with what should have been the devastating  fallout resulting from all the coaching changes. It simply does not make since, and is nothing short of amazing.

While all the articles I have read about A-State prospects for 2015 have been optimistic, I have attracted a link to this one because I liked the detail:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/2/20/8054283/arkansas-state-red-wolves-football-2015-preview-schedule-roster
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

holeinthewall

What ASU needs is a better conference. ASU has raised their budget to a more competitive level. The stadium will be very nice when finished better than ACC teams Duke and WF. Better than Vandy. Better than a lot of AAC and CUSA schools. 

The problem is the schdedule.  My son goes to ASU but I am not interested in going up there to watch Georgia St, App St, Texas st.  CUSA is nothing more than the old Sun Belt but ASU needs a better conference to maintain.

Much like UALR womens team is consistently good now but the conference may very well prevent them from getting an at large if they don't win the tourney.

GolfNut57

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 27, 2015, 06:19:55 am
What ASU needs is a better conference. ASU has raised their budget to a more competitive level. The stadium will be very nice when finished better than ACC teams Duke and WF. Better than Vandy. Better than a lot of AAC and CUSA schools. 

The problem is the schdedule.  My son goes to ASU but I am not interested in going up there to watch Georgia St, App St, Texas st.  CUSA is nothing more than the old Sun Belt but ASU needs a better conference to maintain.

So are you going up to watch them play the Mizzou Tigers?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

February 27, 2015, 08:23:31 am #3 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:04:52 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: holeinthewall on February 27, 2015, 06:19:55 am

Much like UALR womens team is consistently good now but the conference may very well prevent them from getting an at large if they don't win the tourney.
That is more of a public perception than a reality in football.

The SBC was the best non-aq conference (and got the BCS money for being the best) in 2013, and finished 2nd in 2012. The Committee will separate reality from public perception, just like the BCS formula did the last two years of the BCS.

I think the SBC is going to be a very, very good G5 football league, and their top teams among the best in G5.

Their fans will want to see games against AppSt, GaSo, UL, Troy because they will be some of the better G5 teams, and their fans  will know that,and again the selection committee will  know that.

How  recruiting stacks up against a school  peers is the litmus test for me on where a school fits in the pecking order, and basically every A-State signee the last few years had opportunities to go to a top G5 school in one of the other G5 Conferences, and many had P5 offers.

That A-State is consistently recruiting some of the best G5 classes (and more importantly they are at or near the top of the SBC every year in this the most critical area) tells me, and they are good to go where they are at.

Bottom line there is  not one aspect of their program that is not light years ahead of were they were 5 years ago and it has happened in the SBC.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

holeinthewall

ricepig

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 27, 2015, 07:44:47 am
So are you going up to watch them play the Mizzou Tigers?

The bigger question is will someoldinjun disappear after the ULL game again?   ???

Deep Shoat

Thoughts on A-State Recruiting and 2015 Outlook:  :-\
All Gas, No Brakes!

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2015, 10:39:41 am
The bigger question is will someoldinjun disappear after the ULL game again?   ???
Hopefully before, and I did not even know the score of the ULL game, or the next 2-3 games until a few weeks after the fact.

Landed a nice contract with Electrolux, took off to Texas to see my granddaughter before starting it, and when I'm on contract and/or out of town I really don't think much about sports.

Actually if it were not so cold outside, and/or my wife not working, I would not be thinking about sports now.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 27, 2015, 11:41:30 am
Thoughts on A-State Recruiting and 2015 Outlook:  :-\
Actually mostly just here to catch up on the Hawgs, but always end up thinking about the Wolves, and mostly recruiting.

For the most part my focus has been in Texas, and probably will be for a while.

As I expected A-State landed one of the better SBC classes, and the Razorbacks somewhere  around the #10 in the SEC. That should be the case most years going forward.

Looks like both programs will be back to where I feel  they will be most years be going forward. A-State should be in the hunt for another SBC title, and i do think the Razorbacks can be close to a .500 SEC team again.

Considering the coaching changes at both school the fans should be pleased with where the programs are at.

hawkhawg

Quote from: Seminole Indian on February 27, 2015, 11:54:43 am
Actually mostly just here to catch up on the Hawgs, but always end up thinking about the Wolves, and mostly recruiting. For the most part my focus has been in Texas, and probably will be for a while.

As I expected A-State landed one of the better SBC classes, and the Razorbacks somewhere  around the #10 in the SEC. That should be the case most years going forward.

Looks like both programs will be back to where I feel  they will be most years be going forward. A-State should be in the hunt for another SBC title, and i do think the Razorbacks can be close to a .500 SEC team again. 

Everyone on this board knows that you are a troll.  Nobody is fooled by you. 

Seminole Indian

Quote from: hawkhawg on February 27, 2015, 11:59:44 am
Don't think it is trolling on the general sports board, and I strongly believe, and have posted here many times my opinion that your recruiting classes will be around # 10 in the SEC most years, and when you look back over the next 20 years you will have been a slightly below .500 SEC team over that period.

I posted that I strongly believe A-State will be a 8 +/-1 win team over the same period, will make a bowl game most years, and will win a number of conference championships in football.

Not comparing apples and oranges for sure, but I'm on record with these predictions, and see no reason to change them unless the Razorbacks leave the SEC, or the wolves move to a more difficult conference.

ricepig

Quote from: hawkhawg on February 27, 2015, 11:59:44 am

Yep, he's always going to Texas, or working on recruiting. I guess now it's vacuum cleaners, not that there's anything wrong with vacuum cleaners. I prefer Dyson's, myself, but to each his own.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2015, 12:33:39 pm
Yep, he's always going to Texas, or working on recruiting. I guess now it's vacuum cleaners, not that there's anything wrong with vacuum cleaners. I prefer Dyson's, myself, but to each his own.
Not working, helping, in and out of Texas as needed, and it went very, very well.

Stoves not vacuum cleaners, before that ammunition, before that military vehicles, before that cars, before that air conditioners, before that off shore oil rigs, and on and on and on , in the USA, and else where. I get paid to make companies better, then I move on.

I am 10 years older than you so i'm about to focus on fishing.

BR

Quote from: Seminole Indian on February 27, 2015, 12:45:02 pm
Not working, helping, in and out of Texas as needed, and it went very, very well.

Stoves not vacuum cleaners, before that ammunition, before that military vehicles, before that cars, before that air conditioners, before that off shore oil rigs, and on and on and on , in the USA, and else where. I get paid to make companies better, then I move on.

Too bad it can't help A-State... Unless they get in a Decent Conference they will always be sisters of the poor...  American Athletic, Conf USA or MAC....  Sun Belt will always be the bottom of the pecking order...   
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Seminole Indian

Quote from: BR on February 27, 2015, 12:52:54 pm
Too bad it can't help A-State... Unless they get in a Decent Conference they will always be sisters of the poor...  American Athletic, Conf USA or MAC....  Sun Belt will always be the bottom of the pecking order...   
Technically all the G5's have been relegated to' sisters of the poor' status $ wise, but A-State is a lot better off than they ever have been, and it will probably get better.

Winning consistently at any level is the key to growing a program, but especially outside the P5 Conferences, and they are going to do a lot of that in the coming years.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on February 27, 2015, 12:45:02 pm

Lol, I retired at age 50, I've been fishing for awhile.  Oh, and I had a cousin that couldn't keep a steady job, good luck with this one.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on February 27, 2015, 11:43:58 am
Hopefully before, and I did not even know the score of the ULL game, or the next 2-3 games until a few weeks after the fact.

Landed a nice contract with Electrolux, took off to Texas to see my granddaughter before starting it, and when I'm on contract and/or out of town I really don't think much about sports.

Actually if it were not so cold outside, and/or my wife not working, I would not be thinking about sports now.

I call BS. You disappeared because your predictions made you look stupid. And the first time Arkansas State hits another rough stretch this season you'll disappear again. It is ironic that you claim to sell vacuum cleaners because your predictions suck.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ricepig

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 27, 2015, 02:09:02 pm
I call BS. You disappeared because your predictions made you look stupid. And the first time Arkansas State hits another rough stretch this season you'll disappear again. It is ironic that you claim to sell vacuum cleaners because your predictions suck.

+1

Seminole Indian

February 27, 2015, 06:08:49 pm #18 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:06:18 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 27, 2015, 02:09:02 pm
Heck , I don't even know the score of that game or who they beat or who beat them after the Utah State Game, just that they won 7 games. Know they lost their bowl game.

My only prediction for A-State's season was 8 wins +/- 1. Making the same for next year, and the next, and the next, and the next, but not sure how any one game will play out ( that is the cornerstone of my success the 'macro', not the 'micro', or as I say majoring in the 'majors' not the 'minors'.).

Sure they could pop a 10 win season( and I think they will if they limit their games against  real power schools to one per year), and sure they could have a season of less than 7 wins but most years I think they will be 8 wins +/- 1.

Did not make a season prediction for the Razorbacks season, just the 20 year prediction of being slightly below .500 in the SEC. Move to say The Big 12 and my predictions for the Hawgs will go through the roof. Heck we are talking NC contender  this coming season.

Seminole Indian

February 27, 2015, 06:12:34 pm #19 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:43:40 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2015, 01:24:34 pm
Lol, I retired at age 50, I've been fishing for awhile.  Oh, and I had a cousin that couldn't keep a steady job, good luck with this one.
Good for you, that is impressive.

I don't know if i could have kept a steady job, and fortunately never had to find out.

As far as your Razorbacks, I totally respect the guts it took to move to, and stay in the SEC, when there were easy pickings elsewhere.

It also helps that the only member of my family that played college football was a Razorback ( who has been voted on the all 80's team as a db), and that many in my family are Razorback fans.

DeltaBoy

ASU been pretty Solid the past 5 years and It is good for the State of Arkansas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

holeinthewall

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 02, 2015, 09:06:51 am
ASU been pretty Solid the past 5 years and It is good for the State of Arkansas.

They have I have never understood the animosity since they play at entirely differnet levels.

ASU winning is good for football in Arkansas and good for in state kids that play at that level to ahve a program to go to that wins. 

Seminole Indian

March 02, 2015, 10:59:37 am #22 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:35:53 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: holeinthewall on March 02, 2015, 09:18:18 am
They have I have never understood the animosity since they play at entirely differnet levels.

ASU winning is good for football in Arkansas and good for in state kids that play at that level to ahve a program to go to that wins.
Don't think there is that much animosity, but don't buy that totally different level unless you are talking about money and resources. Then yes.

FBS is FBS, and the only NC available to them is the same one available to the other FBS schools.

Granted the road to play-offs and a shot at a  NC for schools in the non-contracted (G5) is a lot tougher( I say impossible), but lets face it the majority of FBS schools in the contracted conference (P5) don't have a much better chance either, but they all have more money and resources, but not necessarily better football teams.

Good thing for A-State is they now have a very solid program, should expect a bowl game most years, and their best talent is their younger talent.

If they can keep a coaching staff I think people will be surprised at just how good they really are.

Seminole Indian

March 02, 2015, 11:57:06 am #23 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:17:46 pm by Seminole Indian
Just  point of reference to those that know that recruiting is job one for any program and the best way to compare programs.

Boise State, considered by many if not most, to be THE team when it comes to schools from the non- contracted (G5) conference, and the non-contracted conference representative in the Fiesta Bowl.

The 247 composite rankings, which takes into account the players ranking by the major sites, has Boise's class with and average player ranking of 83.52 which meant they signed a 3-star class.

A-State had an average of 80.17 which is also a 3-Star class (they left off A-States best player), so their program is positioned very well to have continued success.

Just as a point of reference for Razorback fans their average player ranking was 86.83.

Seminole Indian

March 04, 2015, 08:02:40 am #24 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:22:48 am by Seminole Indian
Noticed that CFN has put A-State in at #88 in their pre-preseason rankings.

Fact is they have ranked almost all the G5's (A-State is the top ranked SBC team), so in their opinion there are only a few G5's as good as even the low-hanging-fruit of the P5's. Not sure I agree 100% but do agree that most P5's are better than even the best G5's most years.

They labeled the schools ranked from 79-89 as "Some bottom Power 5s and top Group of 5ers".

88. Arkansas State
Biggest Positive: The offense is loaded, loaded, loaded. Everyone of note is back in the receiving corps, and RB Michael Gordon and Johnson White return to go along with QB Fredi Knighten. The D is strong, too, with a great defensive front returning.
Biggest Negative: The secondary is the problem with three starters gone including FS Sterling Young and CB Artez Brown. LB Qushaun Lee was a hitting machine, and while there are options to fill in, he was the star of the bunch.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1523144.html

ricepig

Hmm....Hogs #17 and the wolves #88, seems about when it got this bad last year, you went underground.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 02, 2015, 09:18:18 am

It goes back to the 1980' s when they had bumper stickers says how long will the Hogs Run.  It goes back farther since Frank out right refused to talk to them about playing.  At one time the State Legislature floated the Idea of passing a Law to force them to play.   Tons of Delta folks are like me and love and follow both programs, Some from both schools hate the other for what ever reason and others just don't care.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dropkick

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 06, 2015, 10:24:51 am
It goes back to the 1980' s when they had bumper stickers says how long will the Hogs Run.  It goes back farther since Frank out right refused to talk to them about playing.  At one time the State Legislature floated the Idea of passing a Law to force them to play.   Tons of Delta folks are like me and love and follow both programs, Some from both schools hate the other for what ever reason and others just don't care.
Should always take it as a compliment when another school feels you are important enough to be mentioned on their T shirts, bumper stickers, etc.
It is a somewhat embarrassing obsession for some of their fans I'm sure.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on March 06, 2015, 10:03:03 am
Hmm....Hogs #17 and the wolves #88, seems about when it got this bad last year, you went underground.
Actually # 88 is not bad at all, and there are not many G5's ranked higher. Normally they are ranked in the 100+ by CFN in their pre-season polls, but think they will be ranked  little higher than normal by all the people that do such rankings going into next year.

CFN does have them as their favorites to win the SBC.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1511402.html

I do feel the Razorbacks can be .500 in the SEC this year.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on March 07, 2015, 02:11:47 pm
Actually # 88 is not bad at all, and there are not many G5's ranked higher. Normally they are ranked in the 100+ by CFN in their pre-season polls, but think they will be ranked  little higher than normal by all the people that do such rankings going into next year.

CFN does have them as their favorites to win the SBC.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1511402.html

I do feel the Razorbacks can be .500 in the SEC this year.

Well, 65 in the P5 + BYU + ND = 67, so a little bit above half way in the rest.  I do figure the wolves can be above .500 overall.

Seminole Indian

March 09, 2015, 03:41:32 pm #30 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:53:54 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2015, 08:46:22 pm
Well, 65 in the P5 + BYU + ND = 67, so a little bit above half way in the rest.  I do figure the wolves can be above .500 overall.
ESPN has them at #66, again among the better G5's, and better than a few P5's, so I'll stick with my 8 wins +/- 1 prediction for them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/102380/102380

They have the Razorbacks at #10, with only three SEC West teams ahead of them. Still A&M(#11), Tenn(#14), Aub(#18), MisSt(#22), and Mizz(#24) are all in their top 25.

Not many schools would  finish .500 against those schools, but I still say the Razorbacks have a chance.

Steef

ricepig

Dropkick

GolfNut57

Quote from: steefhog on March 09, 2015, 05:06:45 pm
No.

Name.

Calling.

Sorry bout that. That "person" just irritates me too much at times. His pompous attitude just makes me wanna  :puke:

Seminole Indian

March 10, 2015, 06:23:54 am #35 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:59:32 am by Seminole Indian
What is pompous about having an opinion and providing reasons for that opinion. Very seldom, if ever, will i express an opinion without providing a basis for that opinion.

Enjoy the feedback when it is provided, but it is hard to respond when a few people here just resort to name calling.

Don't think my opinion about the prospects for A-State or the UofA are going to be way out of line with those of people that actually do a little research on the subject, because I tend to use them as sources.

Again for the record i do expect A-State to finish with 8 wins +/- 1 next year, and the next and the next. They are helped by the fact that their recruiting classes are among the best in their conference almost every year, which was the basis for my predicting a few years ago that their program had turned the corner, and the basis for predicting future success going forward.

As far as the Razorbacks i still expect that for any 20 year period they will be a sightly below .500 SEC team.

I do agree that they have a chance to finish with a .500 record in the SEC this year, but because of how strong their schedule is (and I linked to sites that rated their competition above), they may very well not. Their prospects are hurt by the fact that their recruiting is consistently in the bottom half of the SEC.

ricepig

Just don't run and hide like last year when things go south on your "predictions", lol.

Seminole Indian

March 10, 2015, 08:10:10 am #37 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:22:58 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: ricepig on March 10, 2015, 07:42:52 am
Just don't run and hide like last year when things go south on your "predictions", lol.
I thought i did pretty good on 'my' predictions, last year.

Of course it was only after the fact that i have found out A-State had suffered a lot of injuries toward the end of last season, which is the reason being given by their coaches as to why they did not perform well toward the end of the season. All i can say is most of their 'fans' I have talked to, the local media, and the national media for that matter, seem to buy that as an excuse, so i assume it is legit.

Still they were within my 8 +/- 1 prediction for the regular season, and pretty much return everyone so no reason to back off.

hawkhawg

Quote from: steefhog on March 09, 2015, 05:06:45 pm
No.

Name.

Calling.

This troll comes on a Razorback board and continually insults at the hogs.  He is no different than the auburn trolls on here.

booogaga

Who gives a flopping crap about Arkansas State. And no I did not read any of this. Just to point out that this is HOGville. Not irrelevant sunbeltindianwolvelowerlevelville.
GO HOGS!

Seminole Indian

Quote from: hawkhawg on March 10, 2015, 09:36:09 am
This troll comes on a Razorback board and continually insults at the hogs.  He is no different than the auburn trolls on here.
Where have I insulted the Razorbacks.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: booogaga on March 10, 2015, 09:40:20 am
Who gives a flopping crap about Arkansas State. And no I did not read any of this. Just to point out that this is HOGville. Not irrelevant sunbeltindianwolvelowerlevelville.
and they have provided this board, not me.

booogaga

My question is what are you so proud of. You are a lower level sunbelt team with a couple good years under your belt. You have no real history. The only history you have is coaches bailing on you for better jobs.
GO HOGS!

hawkhawg

Quote from: booogaga on March 10, 2015, 09:49:32 am
My question is what are you so proud of. You are a lower level sunbelt team with a couple good years under your belt. You have no real history. The only history you have is coaches bailing on you for better jobs.

He is not proud of them because he is not a fan. Despite following their every move and knowing more about them then the news media in Jonesboro, he is not a fan. 

hawkhawg

Quote from: Seminole Indian on March 10, 2015, 09:44:59 am
Where have I insulted the Razorbacks.

They are always backhanded but we all recognize what you are really saying.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: booogaga on March 10, 2015, 09:49:32 am
Not sure I agree with your post.

They have had success at every level they have played at since  I first be came aware of them, and in fact have progressed far beyond their peers from that time( Abilene Christian, Trinity College, Lamar Tech, UT Arlington, etc.)

As I have said, IMO, and based on tangible reasons they have now established themselves as one of the better G5 a teams, that should average 8 wins +/- 1 most years and go to a bowl game most years going forward. Think most 'experts' that follow theses things have in fact  come to the same conclusion and would dispute your description of them as  "a lower level sunbelt team".

They are in fact being recognized as one of the better G5 programs by everyone in the national media, and that will continue to be the case.

I think the best is yet to come for their program, and the improvements currently  being made in their program will in fact take them to a higher level, starting this coming year

Dropkick

Guys, its inevitable, we will have to listen to this drivel until ULL stomps a mudhole in their arse yet again and Seminole flees the reservation.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: hawkhawg on March 10, 2015, 10:05:49 am
They are always backhanded but we all recognize what you are really saying.
The only thing I have said is that in your first 20 years in the SEC you have been a slightly above .500 program, and based on that, and your recruiting, i expect that in an even stronger SEC you will be a slightly below .500 team going forward 20 years.

I have also said if you were in the Big 12, or any other Conference, IMO you would be in the hunt for Championship most years. Think most people would agree with me.

Why should i think differently?

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Dropkick on March 10, 2015, 10:21:36 am
Guys, its inevitable, we will have to listen to this drivel until ULL stomps a mudhole in their arse yet again and Seminole flees the reservation.
Does not bother me who beats them next year, but I do expect they will be one of the favorites to win the SBC, and should win 8 +/-1 games and go to a bowl game.

Why should i think otherwise?

Seminole Indian

Quote from: hawkhawg on March 10, 2015, 10:04:54 am
He is not proud of them because he is not a fan. Despite following their every move and knowing more about them then the news media in Jonesboro, he is not a fan.
Most people that know me, including my wife, son, daughter-in-law, would swear I'm a Tennessee 'fan'.

My wife just spent a small fortune redoing my exercise room into all things  VOL.  I could open a darn store with the stuff they give me on every occasion.