Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB Presser

Started by rzrbackramsfan, November 04, 2017, 07:23:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

rzrbackramsfan

Omg a reporter said that after they scored to go up 2 tds in the fourth quarter the camera went to him and he had a glazed over look...

rzrbackramsfan

Apparently Bret is trying to get TJ Hammonds just as much as anyone else. 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 04, 2017, 07:28:51 pm
Omg a reporter said that after they scored to go up 2 tds in the fourth quarter the camera went to him and he had a glazed over look...

He has checked out for the season.

farmhawg

Defense did some uncharacteristic things......that's all I needed to hear.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

kodiakisland

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 04, 2017, 07:29:30 pm
Apparently Bret is trying to get TJ Hammonds just as much as anyone else. 

Yeah.  He's trying.  Must be Hammonds fault.

Everything's great!
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: farmhawg on November 04, 2017, 07:30:59 pm
Defense did some uncharacteristic things......that's all I needed to hear.
Uncharacteristic things ??? :o I mean what would that be pray tell. We've been pretty much waving and arm tackling all year long. So what's so uncharacteristic about that?

greenEGnHAWGS

"...I believe bruised butt is the correct term..."

Lol...just thought that was funny...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Seebs

He started his presser with Obviously ... yes CBB .. obviously.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

A few bits that stood out to me, paraphrased.

*edit* yeah, started with obviously...

-On if we played down to a 1-7 team: Yeah but we had a good week of preparation.

-On not playing TJ Hammonds earlier in season, "negative people think negative thoughts. We'll play him moving forward and focus on the positive."
-Follow up question later regarding negativity of fans. "outside world looking in is hopefully happy we                   won the game. All the wins count the same. Gotta do a better job of executing our game plan to beat LSU. We don't really bring the outside world to our program."
        -also made a comment about how the negativity was coming from the reporter

-Didn't get any breaks, ball didn't bounce the right way, etc. etc.

-Was post-game a celebration? "Continue to move forward, have a great week of a preparation."

During the conference he came off as emotionless, other than flustered and annoyed with the questions.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Seebs on November 04, 2017, 07:36:11 pm

A very astute observation. Thank you for your contribution.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

pigmania

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 04, 2017, 07:30:05 pm
He has checked out for the season.
Bertie got a little defensive there. Maybe he needs to take some acting lessons so he can learn how to hide his feeling through facial expressions

DOGALUM

That "outside world" crap is tired.  Man up and say "I'm sorry.  We should have blown this team out.   This is how we are going to fix it...."
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

johnny cash

I'm not reading any of this BS. Fire his ass now.

razored

Quote from: Seebs on November 04, 2017, 07:36:11 pm

I been saying for a couple of years that OBVIOUSLY CBB is out of his element...OBVIOUSLY!!

pigmania

Quote from: JimDandy on November 04, 2017, 07:38:19 pm

-On if we played down to a 1-7 team: Yeah but we had a good week of preparation.

-On not playing TJ Hammonds earlier in season, "negative people think negative thoughts. We'll play him moving forward and focus on the positive."
-Follow up question later on regarding negativity of fans. "outside world looking in is hopefully happy we                   won the game. All the wins count the same. Gotta do a better job of executing our game plan to beat LSU. We don't really bring the outside world to our program."

-Didn't get any breaks, ball didn't bounce the right way
-Is it celebration? "Continue to move forward, have a great week of a preparation."

During the conference he came off as emotionless, other than flustered and annoyed with the questions.
He's just pissy that he has to answer to getting paid $4 million a year to put a crappy team on the field

Vantage 8 dude

Sad and pathetic... we had some uncharacteristic things on defense such as letting the ball get thrown deep on us. What the @#$^ :o ??? Where the heck have you been all year, coach. We've been bombed like Lindsey Lohan all year long. Why in the world would this game be any different? I mean what films have you been watching that our miserable pass defense today was some sort of revelation? Man, I've heard of coaches reaching but this is totally out to Looney Tunes land.

JackTNHogfan

He came off like an ass.  He is acting like we should be grateful for that performance.  He has a poorly coached team that has not lived up to minimum standards and he thinks we should be satisfied with that.  Screw you Bert.  Please resign sooner than later.  I'll help you pack...

cal34

Quote from: JimDandy on November 04, 2017, 07:38:19 pm

-Follow up question later regarding negativity of fans. "outside world looking in is hopefully happy we                   won the game. All the wins count the same. Gotta do a better job of executing our game plan to beat LSU. We don't really bring the outside world to our program."

-Didn't get any breaks, ball didn't bounce the right way, etc. etc.

-Was post-game a celebration? "Continue to move forward, have a great week of a preparation."

Just gonna eat his lobster & ignore the haters.  We always have a great week of preparation.

rzrbackramsfan

Yea everything that went wrong did... kind of like on that last TD when AUSTIN CANTRELL AS A RB fumbled it, and Gibson was right there. 

We've been very fortunate scooping up random fumbles in the fourth quarter the past 2 games. 

Poker_hog

Fat boy getting defensive
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 04, 2017, 07:42:52 pm
He came off like an ass.  He is acting like we should be grateful for that performance.  He has a poorly coached team that has not lived up to minimum standards and he thinks we should be satisfied with that.  Screw you Bert.  Please resign sooner than later.  I'll help you pack...

tophawg19

he is right . we should be happy with the win. Damn sure won't be any more
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

BroyledNutts

He's gettin chippy...like a guy that's been told he's gone come November 25.

I got chippy just like that when I was told I was being let go, but I had to train my replacement

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: cal34 on November 04, 2017, 07:44:13 pm
Just gonna eat his lobster & ignore the haters.  We always have a great week of preparation.
I have a GREAT idea. I think we ought to petition the SEC and NCAA to determine game results on which of the opposing teams have the best practices during the week. Don't bother counting the actual on the field results. Just have someone from the conference office grade the various practices and proclaim the winners. That way we might actually have a chance (at least according to our HC) of playing for the conference title.

Switchback

If you came to my job and during a pressure moment said I had a glazed look on my face I would've given him worse than that.

Fair game is coaching decisions, team energy, inability to get a pash rush, looking past them, etc etc.  There was plenty to critique besides a particular look on his face.

Bush league..

EastTNHog

Whaley - 12 carries
Hammonds - 7 carries

I just can't believe what he says...

HogPharmer

We shouldn't need breaks to go our way to beat a 1-7 Sunbelt team who is only a couple years out of the FCS!
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Captain Hamerica

Quote from: BroyledNutts on November 04, 2017, 07:50:04 pm
He's gettin chippy...like a guy that's been told he's gone come November 25.

I got chippy just like that when I was told I was being let go, but I had to train my replacement

Thank god he won't train his!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 04, 2017, 07:52:15 pm
We shouldn't need breaks to go our way to beat a 1-7 Sunbelt team who is only a couple years out of the FCS!

Because we suck.

Drain The Swamp.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Switchback on November 04, 2017, 07:50:18 pm
If you came to my job and during a pressure moment said I had a glazed look on my face I would've given him worse than that.

Fair game is coaching decisions, team energy, inability to get a pash rush, looking past them, etc etc.  There was plenty to critique besides a particular look on his face.

Bush league..

Disagree. His countenance seems to be a great indicator of all things razorback football right now. Therefore relevant IMO.

atom hog

He should have stones to address the "negativity" by announcing that he's not  leaving by proclaiming "...because I'm rich, b*tch!"

Cambridge Hog

i would guess the end is near if reporters getting that ballsy.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: atom hog on November 04, 2017, 07:55:42 pm
He should have stones to address the "negativity" by announcing that he's not  leaving by proclaiming "...because I'm rich, b*tch!"

Would be funny. 

atom hog

Or he could just tell the boot licking reporters to "suck it!"

my3boneheads

CBB should have to answer for his poor performance. He makes more money in a year than most Arkansans in a lifetime.

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

WBOBO

It's so  sad.  It's a sad sad situation.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

hawgon

It wasn't a glazed over look.  It was intense far off concentration.  One of the people who left early on the east side left a half eaten hot dog.  Bert's acute olfactory senses acquired the scent then his eyes locked in on it.  What you saw and mistook for a glazed over look was a man lost in concentration considering the question of if it would still be there after the game or if he should send a GA after it right then.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: Switchback on November 04, 2017, 07:50:18 pm

Bush league..

Plus when does he not have the 1000 yard stare on his face? Nothing new

Switchback

Quote from: JimDandy on November 04, 2017, 07:53:42 pm
Disagree. His countenance seems to be a great indicator of all things razorback football right now. Therefore relevant IMO.

He's looked the same way for 5 years now.  Why didn't he ever ask about his attitude on the sideline before now?  I'll tell you what I think; because he wanted to needle him and make him look stupid in front of the team, coaches, and fans by having to defend it.  It's a reporter trying to get some notoriety.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hawgon on November 04, 2017, 08:00:23 pm
It wasn't a glazed over look.  It was intense far off concentration.  One of the people who left early on the east side left a half eaten hot dog.  Bert's acute olfactory senses acquired the scent then his eyes locked in on it.  What you saw and mistook for a glazed over look was a man lost in concentration considering the question of if it would still be there after the game or if he should send a GA after it right then.

hahahahaha

Poker_hog

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 04, 2017, 07:42:52 pm

This.  He acts likes everything is going according to plan and how dare anyone question him.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hawgon

Quote from: Poker_hog on November 04, 2017, 08:03:28 pm
This.  He acts likes everything is going according to plan and how dare anyone question him.

I'm just telling you that in their hearts of hearts both of the Big 10 Yankees we have in charge don't think Arkansas has much right to have significantly higher expectations that what we are doing right now.

The Kig

Quote from: JimDandy on November 04, 2017, 07:53:42 pm

Disagree with what?  Are you claiming that if someone came in and did that to you in a similar situation that you wouldnt get irritated? 
Poker Porker

GoldCoastHog

That was definitely a "chippy" moment between Bret and the reporter over the question about his facial expression or look. This press conference had a different "vibe" about it.
The later question about the team "playing down " to a 1-7 club , and the other question about them " celebrating " this win were also ones that have an air of an indictment about them.
Just my feel, but it appears " the worm has turned" ;even with these guys from the media, who have really gotten to know him fairly well the past five years.
Bret was clearly agitated a couple of times, and seemed uncomfortable; stammering and stuttering with his responses throughout. I think he's at his "wits end " with this, and probably ready to get this season over. He even said, at one point, "... we only have a few more of these left.." ( referring to games to prepare for).  Just my two cents here.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Switchback on November 04, 2017, 08:02:14 pm
He's looked the same way for 5 years now.  Why didn't he ever ask about his attitude on the sideline before now?  I'll tell you what I think; because he wanted to needle him and make him look stupid in front of the team, coaches, and fans by having to defend it.  It's a reporter trying to get some notoriety.

yea man, he's been made fun of by other fanbases for this and other reasons for 5 years.  In my opinion Arkansas nation has had his back all that time, but it no longer looks like he has our back, so we turned on him. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: pigmania on November 04, 2017, 08:07:27 pm
At least when we are getting our asses handed to us, Trump wouldn't have a glazed look on his face. He'd have the look of wanting to tear someone a news butt hole.

No he'd probably have a glazed over look and then would tweet all hell on whoever slighted him later. 

Scott7703

This clown should be fired immediately. What a joke he is and an embarrassment to our program.

Switchback

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 04, 2017, 08:07:26 pm
yea man, he's been made fun of by other fanbases for this and other reasons for 5 years.  In my opinion Arkansas nation has had his back all that time, but it no longer looks like he has our back, so we turned on him.

Who cares, all SEC coaches get made fun of for their sideline demeanor.