Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB team and coaches meet...

Started by hawgjowls, March 08, 2005, 04:34:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgjowls

big meeting sunday night b/t coaches and players.  apparently the last meeting just swept some dirt under furniture and it crept back out this time it was all aired out and everything is going to go alot smoother.   i for one will believe it when i see it.  it is easy to say all the right things in a meeting but until they prove it on a bb court i am a non-believer.

Amityvillehogger

i wish they would have done this a long time ago :-\
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hogmary

This is the second time this season that they have had such a meeting.  The first one was called by Michael Jones.  He refused to say who called this one.

NuttsSacked

HAS HEATH EVER CALLED A MEETING and dressed some players down?

Boarcephus

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 08, 2005, 04:35:32 pm
i wish they would have done this a long time ago :-\

No doubt.  Little too late to be calling any secret meetings and learning new secret codes and handshakes and stuff.  Season is over with, the team folded, some players were playing for themselves, and the coaches either didn't stop it or were clueless it was going on.   Let's slap a DNR tag on it and let it die a quick and peaceful death.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Kevin

to late for these meetings.  plus, you don't need them if everyone knows who is incharge.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

idochog

March 08, 2005, 09:44:29 pm #6 Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 09:46:21 pm by idochog
Honestly I think the biggest mistake was SH's choice of captains.  Then again there is not much available in the form of upperclassmen leadership.  To me that is the glaring problem.  How come Brewer as a Fr. deserves to be captain over Townes? or Hill.  You can see how this might cause resentment.  Then you've got a upperclassmen in Modica whos rumored not to be a team player.  We need some captains with maturity who are also the main players.
I love Jesus!

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hogs86 on March 08, 2005, 09:38:58 pm
to late for these meetings. plus, you don't need them if everyone knows who is incharge.

I wonder how many such meetings Bobby Knight has held over the years?

UKhog1

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 08, 2005, 09:45:43 pm
Quote from: Hogs86 on March 08, 2005, 09:38:58 pm
to late for these meetings. plus, you don't need them if everyone knows who is incharge.

I wonder how many such meetings Bobby Knight has held over the years?
i agree at some point and time the smack or chair or headbutt whatever it may be needs to be layed down

Amityvillehogger

Speaking of Bobby Knight, can you guys see Stan Heath throwing a chair across the court?? ;D ;D

I think i'd pay to see that one :D :D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

UKhog1

Yeah wouldn't it be funny to see that queer grin after he did it lol

idochog

I just wanna know, Did they sing "cumbaya" together after that meeting.  I'll then know if we are ready to play real basketball.
I love Jesus!

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: idochog on March 08, 2005, 09:44:29 pm
Honestly I think the biggest mistake was SH's choice of captains.  Then again there is not much available in the form of upperclassmen leadership.  To me that is the glaring problem.  How come Brewer as a Fr. deserves to be captain over Townes? or Hill. You can see how this might cause resentment. Then you've got a upperclassmen in Modica whos rumored not to be a team player. We need some captains with maturity who are also the main players.

Are you talking about last year, because Brewer was a sophomore this one.  The junior class was spotty, and Jones was the only senior. Captains are hardly ever freshmen, unless it is a start up program at a junior college.

HogNole

As I always say...Don't criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes; then you are a mile away AND you have their shoes!