Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will guns be allowed at Razorback games under the new law?

Started by JIHawg, February 21, 2017, 10:58:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheelhawg

A friend of mine is  a federal air traffic controller for over 25 yrs and currently a supervisor; he refuses to attend anymore games due to the high risk of a drone attack. We may be worried about the wrong thing. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on February 27, 2017, 08:18:48 pm
If by some chance this we're to ever be allowed, I'm taking the over on the number of ignernt asses that would reach for their piece each time the stadium fireworks went off.
I'm not sure if that would be considered a safe or unsafe bet, but take the over.

ricepig

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on February 27, 2017, 08:22:48 pm
A friend of mine is  a federal air traffic controller for over 25 yrs and currently a supervisor; he refuses to attend anymore games due to the high risk of a drone attack. We may be worried about the wrong thing. 

My goodness, might as well never leave the home with that attitude.

Hoggish1

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 27, 2017, 11:42:16 am
It's when the shots are fired and anyone with a gun can easily be mistaken for a terrorist that concerns me.

Right.

If guns are in the stadium, I'll watch from in front of my TV. GHG!

LZH

Damn scary thought.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on February 27, 2017, 08:56:19 pm
Damn scary thought.

Ah man, they already made a movie about that years ago, the drone was as big as a blimp.....

PonderinHog

Tarheelhawg

Quote from: LZH on February 27, 2017, 08:56:19 pm
Damn scary thought.
Yeah.  I attended  anyway just because... Screw them!!  I refuse to let fear dictate how I live my life.  It would be nice to not give up a 24 -0 lead though.! WPS!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2017, 08:42:34 pm
My goodness, might as well never leave the home with that attitude.

We have became a society of paranoia..................Terrorist attacks that would kill someone specific are rare. It's the proverbial having a greater chance of getting killed by lighting syndrome. People worry WAY too much about the wrong things statistically. They would have a much higher chance of getting killed in a car accident on the way to or from the grocery store to stock up on stuff to have while watching the game at home than any "attack" of some type yet they will willingly do so.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bennyl08

High risk?

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: elviscat on February 22, 2017, 07:18:22 pm
Just think a drunk with a gun, dangerous situation. The first person shot, should be the dump ass legislator who was responsible for passing this dump bill.

Only a dumb ass would get that wrong... IJS.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 27, 2017, 11:10:27 am
Mississippi and a written test? That's funny!

Are you $hitting me.?! Pot meet kettle, Maw Kettle.!!
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Jackrabbit Hog

Austin Allen better hope they're allowed.  Otherwise his right arm will have to stay outside the stadium.  Bummer.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 28, 2017, 02:20:24 pm
Are you $hitting me.?! Pot meet kettle, Maw Kettle.!!

I've worked in Mississippi. There are reasons even Arkansas can say "thank God for Mississippi."
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

AlmaHog2011

Inside the stadium would be no different than anywhere else. I have a concealed carry permit. To many people don't like that I stand for America and I need to have protection.

Lot of aggressive people out there that want to gang up and beat you to death for voting for Trump.

jvanhorn

Quote from: gchamblee on February 21, 2017, 11:05:54 am
As an Arkansan that is licensed to carry a concealed handgun, the answer is no. Under current law, guns are not allowed to be taken into sporting events, licensed or not.

but you can bring them to church and arm teachers, lol

factchecker

Quote from: jvanhorn on February 28, 2017, 08:56:00 pm
but you can bring them to church and arm teachers, lol

Are people tailgating before church service or chemistry lab?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jvanhorn

Quote from: factchecker on February 28, 2017, 09:19:51 pm
Are people tailgating before church service or chemistry lab?
seriously are that naïve. you think no one does drugs before church or there isn't drugs in school.  If,  you are counting on sane people and common sense that ship left American shores years ago.  Just pray your child or grandchildren don't get caught in the crossfire. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 28, 2017, 06:12:00 pm
I've worked in Mississippi. There are reasons even Arkansas can say "thank God for Mississippi."

Where?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jvanhorn on February 28, 2017, 11:30:57 pm

seriously are that naïve. you think no one does drugs before church or there isn't drugs in school.  If,  you are counting on sane people and common sense that ship left American shores years ago.  Just pray your child or grandchildren don't get caught in the crossfire. 

The simple fact that you are not seeing is that the more responsible people who have guns the better a deterrent to crime. If not a deterrent, then an ender. I'm a live and let die kind of person though...

Hoggish1

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 28, 2017, 06:34:51 pm
Inside the stadium would be no different than anywhere else. I have a concealed carry permit. To many people don't like that I stand for America and I need to have protection.

Lot of aggressive people out there that want to gang up and beat you to death for voting for Trump.

Wow...  You announce who you voted for in a stadium of 76,000? If so, then Harakiri might be a better option for you...

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 01, 2017, 09:04:04 am
Wow...  You announce who you voted for in a stadium of 76,000? If so, then Harakiri might be a better option for you...

Why would I commit suicide? Somehow he got voted in as President! LMAO at the people who think they run things. Twitter and facebook don't represent the entire population..Thank GOD!

elviscat

If this is allowed, I have seen my last Razorback game. No way would I put myself or family in harms way. A drunk with a gun and a short fuse is a dangerous situation. The Republicans have lost their frigging minds.

Hoggish1

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 01, 2017, 05:58:52 pm
Why would I commit suicide? Somehow he got voted in as President! LMAO at the people who think they run things. Twitter and facebook don't represent the entire population..Thank GOD!

See Elviscat!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 01, 2017, 08:23:17 pm
See Elviscat!

I have been..I've seen Democrats attacking and looting..Oh you call it protesting. I'm ready for the fight well armed and know how to use my weapons. This country is headed for a fight conservatives are starting to fight back. Scary times in this country and you better be ready.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

sw403

You are more likely to be run over by a drunk driver after the game than shot by someone legally caring a hand gun during the game, but lets stay politically correct and slam the guns.

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 01, 2017, 07:24:00 am
Where?

I've worked in Desoto County and had opportunities elsewhere in that dump of a state and declined.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: elviscat on March 01, 2017, 06:28:33 pm
If this is allowed, I have seen my last Razorback game. No way would I put myself or family in harms way. A drunk with a gun and a short fuse is a dangerous situation. The Republicans have lost their frigging minds.

I know Democrats that have CCP's. You also take your family in more harm way by putting them in a car and driving anywhere. Especially close to your home.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 01, 2017, 09:11:56 pm
I have been..I've seen Democrats attacking and looting..Oh you call it protesting. I'm ready for the fight well armed and know how to use my weapons. This country is headed for a fight conservatives are starting to fight back. Scary times in this country and you better be ready.

Dang, you got that apocalyptic survival bunker built yet?

JIHawg

The issue with the current bill is requiring training and an age limits to bring on campus.  The NRA is really riled at this affront to the 2nd amendment.  The governor has told the NRA this is not their issue, but an Arkansas issue.  Stay tuned.

hawgfan2

So, you want to allow guns in an emotionally charged environment where, by ALL accounts, there are more confrontations than most places? I have a CCL, but allowing guns at any college sporting event is stupid.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2017, 08:57:42 pm
Ah man, they already made a movie about that years ago, the drone was as big as a blimp.....

Is that the one where Bobby Deniro looks like Omar Sharif?

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on March 02, 2017, 07:33:26 pm
Is that the one where Bobby Deniro looks like Omar Sharif?
I'm hurt.  Nobody caught my hidden "Dernit" reference.

Hoggish1

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 01, 2017, 09:11:56 pm

Get help...