Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

grad transfer

Started by I mustache you a question, February 20, 2017, 12:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

southeasthog

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 05:06:27 pm
I don't have those statsheets . I never question why a 4-star player wants to come here. I'm just ready for a better QB than your baby boys.
OH My God!!!!!! You are a MORON!!!!!

hogfanny

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2017, 04:57:38 pm
Every QB that took snaps had the chance to show his ability. I guess you are a "Daddy is on staff, they only play Fayetteville QB" type poster?
No, just daddy is on staff and his kids are slow footed.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 05:22:00 pm

And RT was a speed burner, lol?

factchecker

Daddy (Bobby Allen) is in the office.  Nowhere near the game-day operations.  He has zero input on who starts or doesn't. Bobby had more of a role on Petrino's team then he does now.  He coached defensive line then.

Furthermore, Dan Enos would not risk his reputation on starting an undeserving player over another one.  The reason why Ricky Town left had nothing to do with Allen and more to do with Kelley.  Austin Allen has one more season and Ricky would have only been a junior with plenty of time after Allen was gone.  Sadly for Ricky, he was too scared of competition.  Cole Kelley is most likely the next man up.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogfanny

Quote from: ricepig on February 25, 2017, 05:25:36 pm
And RT was a speed burner, lol?
Don't know, never got to see him play,or any other QB for that matter. Maybe in 2019.

factchecker

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 05:32:38 pm
Don't know, never got to see him play,or any other QB for that matter. Maybe in 2019.

I'm arguing with an idiot.

2017 is Austin's last season here.

2018: we will have a new QB.  You'll probably bitch about how the new starter (whoever it may be) is dating the Allen sister.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogfanny

Quote from: factchecker on February 25, 2017, 05:29:35 pm
Daddy (Bobby Allen) is in the office.  Nowhere near the game-day operations.  He has zero input on who starts or doesn't. Bobby had more of a role on Petrino's team then he does now.  He coached defensive line then.

Furthermore, Dan Enos would not risk his reputation on starting an undeserving player over another one.  The reason why Ricky Town left had nothing to do with Allen and more to do with Kelley.  Austin Allen has one more season and Ricky would have only been a junior with plenty of time after Allen was gone.  Sadly for Ricky, he was too scared of competition.  Cole Kelley is most likely the next man up.
Well good then.

bennyl08

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 04:54:15 pm
OK. Name me one player not named Allen that has had a chance since CBB took over.

Define "chance". Do you mean "was given opportunities to show what he could" or do you mean "had enough talent to be a threat to take the starting position"?

Brandon Mitchell fits both of those descriptions. Even as late as the spring game, he was still getting reps with the ones. He had a stronger arm than Brandon and was more mobile, but he lacked the consistency, the quick release, and the decision making so he lost.

When Brandon graduated, well, Peavey didn't physically stand a chance against Austin as a starter. Town and Storey were inexperienced enough that they didn't have a chance to start regardless of if they were given one. In their defense, Austin Allen is the top rated qb returning in the SEC this year by PFF and among the top 10 NFL talents in the entire SEC returning next season. And that isn't just some niche of juniors who returned but includes sophomores like Guice who wasn't even eligible to leave. 8th best NFL graded talent returning in the SEC.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Who is faster footed, Jameis Winston, or Brandon Allen?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

factchecker

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 25, 2017, 05:43:12 pm
Austin Allen is the top rated qb returning in the SEC this year by PFF and among the top 10 NFL talents in the entire SEC returning next season. And that isn't just some niche of juniors who returned but includes sophomores like Guice who wasn't even eligible to leave. 8th best NFL graded talent returning in the SEC.

None of that matters..... Austin doesn't have a California 4 star = he no gud at da foobaw.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HOGINTENNESSEE

Yeah Bobby an his 100k salary is holding CBB hostage. What? The Allen's are good QB's. What the heck are you taking about

hogfanny

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 25, 2017, 05:43:12 pm
Define "chance". Do you mean "was given opportunities to show what he could" or do you mean "had enough talent to be a threat to take the starting position"?

Brandon Mitchell fits both of those descriptions. Even as late as the spring game, he was still getting reps with the ones. He had a stronger arm than Brandon and was more mobile, but he lacked the consistency, the quick release, and the decision making so he lost.

When Brandon graduated, well, Peavey didn't physically stand a chance against Austin as a starter. Town and Storey were inexperienced enough that they didn't have a chance to start regardless of if they were given one. In their defense, Austin Allen is the top rated qb returning in the SEC this year by PFF and among the top 10 NFL talents in the entire SEC returning next season. And that isn't just some niche of juniors who returned but includes sophomores like Guice who wasn't even eligible to leave. 8th best NFL graded talent returning in the SEC.
Either one. Even in mop up roles or when the Allens were reportedly injured. Seems that we would have a back-up who would play some when the starter is injured. We will never have an experienced back-up.

hogfanny

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 25, 2017, 05:46:25 pm
Who is faster footed, Jameis Winston, or Brandon Allen?
Got me on that one too. I suppose the"Next Tom Brady"

Hogs958

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 05:32:38 pm

troll

hogfanny

PORKULATOR

Hogfanny or Hog fakey
Hmmmmm.  I think the later.... Troll
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogfanny

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 25, 2017, 06:19:04 pm
Hogfanny or Hog fakey
Don't worry, I am not a fake. I want better football teams and players.

JaketheSnake

Those Allen brothers are so terrible.  Brandon should give up his NFL career and start
Selling used cars.

Hogs958

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 06:33:43 pm

generic

RazorPiggie

Quote from: JaketheSnake on February 25, 2017, 09:31:43 pm
Those Allen brothers are so terrible.  Brandon should give up his NFL career and start
Selling used cars.

Or RVs.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 05:57:49 pm
We will never have an experienced back-up.
An experienced backup in college is an indication of some type of problem at the QB position. Think about that for more than 10 seconds before you post your eventual feeble response.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: JaketheSnake on February 25, 2017, 09:31:43 pm
Selling used cars.
Exactly. He's so terrible that, in year 2, he might replace the franchise QB. What a slouch.

ricepig

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on February 26, 2017, 02:36:28 pm
An experienced backup in college is an indication of some type of problem at the QB position. Think about that for more than 10 seconds before you post your eventual feeble response.

Yeah, it usually means you don't have a clear #1, or he was beat out by another QB.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 06:33:43 pm
Really ??? ??? What a novel idea that none of the rest of us desire. I just wish the rest of us had thought of it.

Birminghog

Wow! Another derailed HV thread. Who'd a thunk it? Is there a chance that this thread can get back to the subject of the potential grad transfer?

ricepig

Quote from: Birminghog on February 26, 2017, 05:33:36 pm
Wow! Another derailed HV thread. Who'd a thunk it? Is there a chance that this thread can get back to the subject of the potential grad transfer?

Well, not much to go one until he visits here, or any other of his visits. You got any new news?

JIHawg

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 05:57:49 pm
Either one. Even in mop up roles or when the Allens were reportedly injured. Seems that we would have a back-up who would play some when the starter is injured. We will never have an experienced back-up.

You sound familiar-like the physical therapist, can't remember her name, who started out a letter "Hey Mr. Interception King".

Birminghog

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2017, 05:37:14 pm
Well, not much to go one until he visits here, or any other of his visits. You got any new news?

Nah, I'm just a consumer. Kind of tired of the middle school back-and-forth, though.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 05:06:27 pm
I don't have those statsheets . I never question why a 4-star player wants to come here. I'm just ready for a better QB than your baby boys.
Are you talking about the two Allen boys that were both considered among the best SEC qbs when they played?  Just making sure I understand you correctly
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LZH

Quote from: hogfanny on February 25, 2017, 04:54:15 pm
OK. Name me one player not named Allen that has had a chance since CBB took over.

None. Because kids named Allen have been, by far, the best QB's on campus.

You're welcome.

hoghiker

The notion that an SEC quarterback has the starting job because his dad is an assistant  coach is, well, crazy. CBB job is to win. He gets paid a ton of money to do it. He's not going to put his reputation, income and career on the line for an assistant he never meet before stepping foot on the UA campus. I get politics plays a part in sports but Coach Allen is a bit of a small part in the big movie to be carrying that much swag.

FANONTHEHILL

Mitchel, Storey, Peavey, Town, Kelley, Proctor, Lindsey, and now Hyatt.  Each of these has or will be been given a chance to be the quarterback at Arkansas and none to this point have surpassed the abilities of Brandon or Austin Allen. 

I have the benefit of being allowed to see practice.  Not the first 15-20 open to the media, but the entire practice.  You can't rate these players on Hudl film and media video of them warming up.  Brandon and Austin have a skill set and command of the offense combined with the respect of their teammates that is at a different level than the others.  The Allen brothers are simply better. 

What will be interesting is to see this spring is who takes the #2 job and will they be able to close any of the gap between 1 & 2.  It's going to interesting to watch.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

PonderinHog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 25, 2017, 06:19:04 pm
Hogfanny or Hog fakey
Not sure, but his Fanny is showing.

Pork Twain

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on February 27, 2017, 08:30:55 am
Mitchel, Storey, Peavey, Town, Kelley, Proctor, Lindsey, and now Hyatt.  Each of these has or will be been given a chance to be the quarterback at Arkansas and none to this point have surpassed the abilities of Brandon or Austin Allen. 

I have the benefit of being allowed to see practice.  Not the first 15-20 open to the media, but the entire practice.  You can't rate these players on Hudl film and media video of them warming up.  Brandon and Austin have a skill set and command of the offense combined with the respect of their teammates that is at a different level than the others.  The Allen brothers are simply better. 

What will be interesting is to see this spring is who takes the #2 job and will they be able to close any of the gap between 1 & 2.  It's going to interesting to watch.
Your input is always appreciated.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

dmfdds

Once again only a few minutes on site and I feel so much better about my intelligence!!     

ricepig

We all know you're from Fayetteville and on Bobby Allen's payroll.......

Bacons Rebellion

Seriously, is there a current thread that's keeping up with  Pagano that doesn't have our troll boo-hooing about Town?

ricepig

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on February 27, 2017, 10:04:46 am
Seriously, is there a current thread that's keeping up with  Pagano that doesn't have our troll boo-hooing about Town?

Seriously, when something new comes up about Pagano, somebody will post it.

hawgwash

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on February 27, 2017, 10:04:46 am
I'm hesitant to mention it but there is a thread on this topic in the Recruiting forum (where I think the thread here started) that so far has remained relatively unpoluted.   This seems more suited for the Recruiting forum anyway.

colbs

It's funny because everyone that has seen practices whether open or closed said Austin was head and shoulders better than anyone else.  Some people act like the players don't get a shot but they do.  It's not like they just sit on the sideline the whole time and watch Austin. 

BA was one of the top 3 QBs his SR year and Austin was one of the better ones this year with an inexperienced OL.  The claims about the Allen's starting because of their Dad is laughable.  If their Dad was HC, OC, or even QB coach then maybe that would hold some weight.  But he is an off the field coach with no prior ties to BB.  I doubt BB & Enos would risk their jobs because of this.