Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best QB Situation in the SEC?

Started by WizardofhOgZ, February 18, 2017, 08:02:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgmasta

I would love it if AA is one of the top two passers in the league. Should guarantee us at least 8-9 wins on paper.

goodguytex

Quote from: hawgmasta on February 18, 2017, 08:39:36 pm
I would love it if AA is one of the top two passers in the league. Should guarantee us at least 8-9 wins on paper.
Defense just needs to give us a little help. Austin can't do it all himself.

oldfart

hoping the OL will improve on picking up  blitzes..  so many times last season they were lost in trying to decide who to pick up and then picked up no one

bennyl08

Quote from: hawgmasta on February 18, 2017, 08:39:36 pm
I love it that AA is one of the top two passers in the league. Should guarantee us at least 8-9 wins on paper.

FIFY
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pigsknuckles

Plays as well within the offensive structure as any quarterback in the nation...

Maybe this is a tad snarky, but I seem to want to ask if the offensive structure is his greatest limitation.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

navyhog24

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on February 20, 2017, 03:26:52 pm
Plays as well within the offensive structure as any quarterback in the nation...

Maybe this is a tad snarky, but I seem to want to ask if the offensive structure is his greatest limitation.

No the OL line is. If he can get the protection, he'll make the plays. They just need to do their jobs and keep him upright as well as Whaley, Williams, and Johnson picking up those blitzes as well.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 20, 2017, 03:34:41 pm
No the OL line is. If he can get the protection, he'll make the plays. They just need to do their jobs and keep him upright as well as Whaley, Williams, and Johnson picking up those blitzes as well.

Can't agree more. I don't think we have come close to seeing AA's ceiling.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GolfnHog

It's always been alluded to that the greatest progress of a team is from game 1 to the 2nd one. Following that thought process it should mean that, all things being equal, and all parts fall into place, AA should really shine in his 2nd full season.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

goodguytex

Quote from: GolfnHog on February 20, 2017, 04:37:03 pm
It's always been alluded to that the greatest progress of a team is from game 1 to the 2nd one. Following that thought process it should mean that, all things being equal, and all parts fall into place, AA should really shine in his 2nd full season.
That's usually true. But he needs the Oline to continue to improve, and he has to get some reliable receivers to throw to other than just Jared Cornelius.

GolfnHog

Quote from: goodguytex on February 20, 2017, 05:18:55 pm
That's usually true. But he needs the Oline to continue to improve, and he has to get some reliable receivers to throw to other than just Jared Cornelius.

agree, hence the comment of "all parts fall into place"
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: goodguytex on February 20, 2017, 09:39:28 am
Defense just needs to give us a little help. Austin can't do it all himself.

I agree. Too much stress on the Offense to win the game. They score enough, but need the D to hold the opponent one point less.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 20, 2017, 06:10:10 pm
I agree. Too much stress on the Offense to win the game. They score enough, but need the D to hold the opponent one point less.

Yes.  But the offense can't be so hot and cold- and turnovers really killed the Hogs the last two games.

rljjr

I'm not sold on Stidham. He has 10 games (7 in mop up duty) under his belt lifetime total, with only 3 starts for Baylor against KSU; Oklahoma (where he injured his back); and OSU (where his ankle was broken). He sat out at a JC that didn't play football so it's really interesting to me that he was the #1 JUCO QB. If I'm missing something I know you guys will fill me in.

He could be a total stud, but he needs to prove it first before he gets granted all of these preseason accolades. What we know is that he was injured two games in a row in the Big 12.

He has raw skills, but can he be good in the SEC? Looking forward to the season!