Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To those that don't like the smoke draw!

Started by Arazorbackguy1, March 31, 2006, 07:23:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

You have to admit, if it isn't overused, that play can be deadly!  Remember when Alabama came in to RRS and the very first play they gave it to Shaud Williams on a draw play?  80 yards = 7 points (after PAT)  Our team has had some huge plays off of the draw and I can't imagine that play ever being taken out of the playbook.  Gus will use it to keep the safties honest, so you might want to go ahead and get used to it again. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

fineswine

It is a great play when used properly, not every single time your team is in 3rd and long.  Idiot coach and his damn 5 play playbook.

ballhog™

Just call it a draw.  Smoke draw sounds like something the Van Buren boys used for their secret password.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

jdhoover

I have to say that most 3rd down and very long (+14) plays I see, esp in the NFL, are draws.  There are not that many plays to call that will consistenly pick up that yardage with the DB's set the way they are.  Anything less than 12 yards however, needs to be at least as many pass plays as run plays on 3rd down.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.