Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it this upcoming basketball season that Texas v.s. Arkansas returns?

Started by Modsquad24, March 31, 2006, 04:02:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

I know we signed a 4 year home and home deal with them and the first one is at Austin, I was just trying to think of our forsure non conference opponents for next year and all I know is we play Texas Tech at Alltel and we play on the road at Mizzou. I think if we do play Texas, TT and Mizzou and possibly either another preseason tourney or another big name team then we definetly should have a better RPI and SOS than this season, GHG!

HokieHawg

We're not in any preseason tourneys that I know of. I do believe that we do start a home and home with texas this year. Not sure about Mizzou though. I don't think we play the tigers though. It wouldn't make sense to do 2 games in Columbia and only one in the great city of Fayetteville.

3kgthog

We do indeed play Mizzou. It was a hot topic in the aftermath of Mizzou hiring Mike Anderson. That one could be ugly for us.

I believe at the present time we are not allowed to play another preseason tourney. I think the rule is 2 tournaments every 4 years and we've had the Maui Invitational and the Paradise Jam. That rule is supposedly under consideration to be eliminated so it's still a possibility.

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 31, 2006, 04:19:34 pm
We do indeed play Mizzou. It was a hot topic in the aftermath of Mizzou hiring Mike Anderson. That one could be ugly for us.

I believe at the present time we are not allowed to play another preseason tourney. I think the rule is 2 tournaments every 4 years and we've had the Maui Invitational and the Paradise Jam. That rule is supposedly under consideration to be eliminated so it's still a possibility.

Not only that but we supposedly have an invitation to a tourney pending the possible rule-change.  I believe I read this in an ARSN article, but alas I'm too lazy to go find it and link it.