Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Roll Call

Started by NuttsSacked, March 30, 2006, 08:04:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttsSacked

Irwin brings up a good point in his "Value of Hogville" thread.  There is a healthy cross-section of fans occupying this board.  I say healthy because the growth of this board is evident. 

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are here because you got booted off another board?

For example...I began calling Nutt out almost 4 years ago on the Hawgs Illustrated Premium Board.  That was well before doing so became fashionable in any forum.  Needless to say, Clay Henry didn't think kindly of my observations and promptly banned me.  I hear this remains a common practice today.

In hindsight, getting banned from Clay's board was a good thing.  It forced me to seek refuge elsewhere and I happened to stumble upon the fledgling Hogville.net.

Does anyone else have a similar tale? 

afhogfan1980

i found hogsullustrated.com in iraq when i was tryin to see how the hogs was doing  and stumbled across the message board and have been loyal ever since you guys dont sugar coat nething thats what i like the best

woooooooooooooo piggggggggggggggg soooooey

"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

scruf

Most boards suck because a few people try to steer the voice of the masses to their liking. I say, "Get off my steering wheel!"

HOGLIGULA

the fact that opinions other than the mainstream are allowed on this board is one of the major draws.  Also the presence of other HOG fans and the knowledge of the sport in question is higher than on other boards is a plus.  Other board admins are iron fisted rulers and do not tolerate insolence, which is areason why i joined Hogville.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

The_Bionic_Pig

March 30, 2006, 08:12:30 pm #4 Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 09:48:19 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
I got banned from the free board for posting recruiting information on the free board that was posted later on the pay per view board (After it got deleted from the freee board of course) and didn't get credit for it either ( I could tell by the subject post)  I guess he figured I was stealing bread from his table by beating him to the punch. I ended up here with my new family...   ;D

Today I still see post from this board ending up on Rivals & Scouts pay per view subject lines...that lets me know I am on my game  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HogFansReunited

I found this site a few years back when I was still in the military in Iraq.  Best way for me to get accurate information on the hogs.  I have been a loyal member ever since.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

NuttsSacked

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 30, 2006, 08:12:30 pm
I got banned from the free board for posting recruiting information on the free board that was posted later on the pay per view board and didn't get credit for it either ( I could tell by the subject post)  I guess he figured I was stealing bread from his table by beating him to the punch. I ended up here with my new family...   ;D

Today I still see post from this board ending up on Rivals & Scouts pay per view subject lines...that lets me know I am on my game  ;)

Unbelievable.  How long ago was that?

endub

To many flamers over at the rivals board. That's why I came here.
"I jus wanna know where da gold at."

Big Papa Satan

I wasn't banned elsewhere, but I've been with this board since the beginning.  In September, it'll be my ninth year of posting.

Probably less than fifty people on here remember Hawgtalk.

Lanny

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 30, 2006, 08:28:33 pm
I wasn't banned elsewhere, but I've been with this board since the beginning.  In September, it'll be my ninth year of posting.

Probably less than fifty people on here remember Hawgtalk.

Man that Hawgtalk board sucked, geezus you always have to bring that back up.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

thehammer007

Quote from: NuttsSacked on March 30, 2006, 08:04:10 pm
Irwin brings up a good point in his "Value of Hogville" thread.  There is a healthy cross-section of fans occupying this board.  I say healthy because the growth of this board is evident. 

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are here because you got booted off another board?

For example...I began calling Nutt out almost 4 years ago on the Hawgs Illustrated Premium Board.  That was well before doing so became fashionable in any forum.  Needless to say, Clay Henry didn't think kindly of my observations and promptly banned me.  I hear this remains a common practice today.

In hindsight, getting banned from Clay's board was a good thing.  It forced me to seek refuge elsewhere and I happened to stumble upon the fledgling Hogville.net.

Mike Irwin has become a "JFB" guy.    I give no credence to anything that guy posts over here.  What you basically have over here is;   mostly posters too young to remember anything about razorback football  past the Jack Crowe era.    So many of them think that finishing one or two games above .500 and getting back to a second rate bowl is good enough. 

It's not. 

The only reason Irwin gave KUDOS any kind is because hsv has mostly let him run this board and allowed his far flung statements to grow their own life. 

SAUhogfan

The only board I've been booted off of was the Astros official message board.  Beer and furor led me to verbally attack Pujols in a very unbecoming way after that Game 5 homerun. 

mword

I got banned from a Michael Jackson board for calling him a pedophile. As far as sports boards, not yet.

BigoBoys

Quote from: afhogfan1980 on March 30, 2006, 08:08:03 pm
i found hogsullustrated.com in iraq when i was tryin to see how the hogs was doing  and stumbled across the message board and have been loyal ever since you guys dont sugar coat nething thats what i like the best

woooooooooooooo piggggggggggggggg soooooey

We appreciate what you are doing for our country.  Go USA!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: schweine on March 30, 2006, 09:14:07 pm
I got banned from a Michael Jackson board for calling him a pedophile. As far as sports boards, not yet.

"schweine why don't you come over to neverland ranch and play with me"
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogman64

Quote from: NuttsSacked on March 30, 2006, 08:04:10 pm

I got banned from Clay's free board after the  Ole Miss game....the week before i had gotten on Nutt pretty good about the South Carolina loss , then after the Ole Miss game I just got fed up with people coming on and acting like Nutt had just beaten a real SEC team.....So I was pointing out how many of his wins had come over Ole Miss , Miss St and South Carolina etc and that it was the same old stuff.........end the year  with wins over the Miss schools and the huggers want to act like he had really turned it around.. I guess Clay had enough of me.. I was banned the next morning...........turned out great, that led me to Hogville and it is the best board going IMO>>>>>>>>

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: hSv on March 30, 2006, 08:42:25 pm

Man that Hawgtalk board sucked, geezus you always have to bring that back up.

Humble beginnings, man.  I wish I still had the address for that.

dana caldwell

just signed on to this board a couple of days ago. did so bc it's a nice balance between the homoism board and the immaturity fest. rivals board isn't too bad, but don't like the format.

now that i'm in florida, i've been trying to keep up. great info here and i'm glad to see this site grow (in number of contributors, subject matter and insight).

lanny has done a heck of a job here. back when i was writing up that way, he asked me to contribute but the wonderful folks at the morning news had their own board (with no moderator or participants; as usual, great planning) and did not want their employees involved with others.

this is the best UA board and i've not seen any others around the country that do a better job.