Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No safety at safety (Article on John West)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 30, 2006, 10:29:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Patch

The_Bionic_Pig

March 30, 2006, 10:47:02 am #2 Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:51:59 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
I sent the article in a email to his former coach Mike Beagle  ;)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

fusbal11

PATCH____________+1 for you--love the picture.
Can't really tell who it is, is it Oguchi Onyewu?  He's a beast -----6'4" 210 defensive machine
Wooo Pig

Patch

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 30, 2006, 10:47:02 am

Good thinking. I'm sure he would appreciate to know that Hog fans are excited to have one of his former players. Hopefully he'll send more our way.

Quote from: fusbal11 on March 30, 2006, 10:57:53 am
Can't really tell who it is, is it Oguchi Onyewu?  He's a beast -----6'4" 210 defensive machine

Yeah, it's Gooch completly punking Jared Borgetti of Mexico. I wish I had video of it. For the guys who still think like I used to. (That soccer is for the "p word") They just need to watch a couple of the upcoming USA Men's National Team games. Especially this June in the World Cup. These up and coming guys for the US are STUDS, and we'll be a Soccer power in the coming years.

razorbackfan502000

but why do the vast majority of players we have look like little kids? 6'2" 195 is pretty thin. He has ZERO muscle mass. You look at schools like FLA and UGA and USC and what not and their players look like big strong muscular men, but not our players. What is with that?

fusbal11

March 30, 2006, 11:28:41 am #6 Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 11:32:32 am by fusbal11
Quote from: Patch on March 30, 2006, 11:21:17 am
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 30, 2006, 10:47:02 am

Good thinking. I'm sure he would appreciate to know that Hog fans are excited to have one of his former players. Hopefully he'll send more our way.

Quote from: fusbal11 on March 30, 2006, 10:57:53 am

Yeah, it's Gooch completly punking Jared Borgetti of Mexico. I wish I had video of it. For the guys who still think like I used to. (That soccer is for the "p word") They just need to watch a couple of the upcoming USA Men's National Team games. Especially this June in the World Cup. These up and coming guys for the US are STUDS, and we'll be a Soccer power in the coming years.

No doubt they are studs.  I've played soccer all my life and am still playing today(I'm 35).  I was really excited last world cup and  how well we performed, but I find it hard to contain myself this time around.  We did draw a pretty tough pool, but like you said---STUDS.  We have some big defenders (big forwards too) that know how to play.  
For you guys that don't know much about soccer----picture a secondary full of linebackers that had speed and agility to get the job done and that is what king of defense the US is taking to Germany this year.

Sorry to get off the subject guys

The West kid sounds like a winner!
WPS
Wooo Pig

mbgrulz

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on March 30, 2006, 11:25:11 am
but why do the vast majority of players we have look like little kids? 6'2" 195 is pretty thin. He has ZERO muscle mass. You look at schools like FLA and UGA and USC and what not and their players look like big strong muscular men, but not our players. What is with that?
looks are decieving. i dont know anything about this guy, but look at jj redick. he looks like a little punk, but on the court he is amazing. it is more comforting to have an impressive looking guy, but let's let his playing talk before we get dissapointed. remember, sam olajubutu is supposedly too small to play LB, be we know that is BS.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 30, 2006, 11:57:06 am
looks are decieving. i dont know anything about this guy, but look at jj redick. he looks like a little punk, but on the court he is amazing. it is more comforting to have an impressive looking guy, but let's let his playing talk before we get dissapointed. remember, sam olajubutu is supposedly too small to play LB, be we know that is BS.

Yes, I totally agree with that, my question though is why do our athletes look like little boys compared to the rest of the SEC men? Sure we have Peyton Hillis and DMac is a stud also, but the rest of our team shows clear proof that we need a new conditioning coach. Same in BB, our guys just dont look strong enuff. Take Hill for instance, he's been on the hill for 2 yrs now, and hasn't put on a single pound of muscle. That's a joke.

Patch

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on March 30, 2006, 12:00:28 pm
Quote from: mbgrulz on March 30, 2006, 11:57:06 am

Yes, I totally agree with that, my question though is why do our athletes look like little boys compared to the rest of the SEC men? Sure we have Peyton Hillis and DMac is a stud also, but the rest of our team shows clear proof that we need a new conditioning coach. Same in BB, our guys just dont look strong enuff. Take Hill for instance, he's been on the hill for 2 yrs now, and hasn't put on a single pound of muscle. That's a joke.

I've been saying since last year that Arkansas needs to go after Southern Cal's S&C coach. He has very strong ties to the state of Arkansas and the University.

razorbackfan502000

But that would meaning firing "the running back wrecker" decker. Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!

HogInaStrangeLand

I'm not sure but it seems that a "smaller" team shouldn't be leading the conference in Rushing yards, but I could very easily be wrong.
Furthermore, I believe we aren't half bad stopping the run, either.
It just seems that "smaller" guys wouldn't be able to do that consistently, unless there is something else here at play.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: HogInaStrangeLand on March 30, 2006, 02:15:51 pm
I'm not sure but it seems that a "smaller" team shouldn't be leading the conference in Rushing yards, but I could very easily be wrong.
Furthermore, I believe we aren't half bad stopping the run, either.
It just seems that "smaller" guys wouldn't be able to do that consistently, unless there is something else here at play.

I'm not talking about the size of the guy, im talking about his lack of muscle tone. Very few of our players have muscular frames. They just don't look like athletes. The guy's a safety for god's sake he should be intimidating people just with his build. instead he's built like a punter.