Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mcdonald's game

Started by fu-man-soo, March 30, 2006, 10:12:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fu-man-soo

we had no players in the game last night.  i know it is not a necessity but it would be nice.  if michael washington is good enough to enter the draft shouldn't he have been a mcd's aa?

3kgthog

No one ever actually said Washington was good enough to enter the draft. He was simply contacted by some NBA reps about his interest in doing so. At least that's the Hawgs Illustrated story.

McDonald's AAs are occassionally overrated. Look at Olu Famutimi and Darnell Robinson. If anything, they got us some nice publicity for a couple of hours and then flamed out when they got on campus.

On the other hand, I would not be surprised if a couple of our guys make it on some of the other teams such as the Jordan brand AA team.

mbgrulz

i heard commentator say that the last few teams to win it all have all had a MCD's AA on their squad.

nwarazfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 30, 2006, 10:30:58 am
No one ever actually said Washington was good enough to enter the draft. He was simply contacted by some NBA reps about his interest in doing so. At least that's the Hawgs Illustrated story.

McDonald's AAs are occassionally overrated. Look at Olu Famutimi and Darnell Robinson. If anything, they got us some nice publicity for a couple of hours and then flamed out when they got on campus.

On the other hand, I would not be surprised if a couple of our guys make it on some of the other teams such as the Jordan brand AA team.

In HS, Olu was not overrated.  He earned the McD AA honor before his knee injury

waphill

7 of them are going to the ACC.
Georgia Tech and Stanford have two each.

NONE to the SEC.

HogISH™

Quote from: waphill on March 30, 2006, 12:00:02 pm
NONE to the SEC.

but we have 2 teams in the final 4 and a good chance for them to meet in the finals. i don't put much stock in McD's all americans...

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

waphill

Exactly, a great team will usually beat a team of great players.

runhogsrun

Ohio State owns three of the recruits seen last night.  No player from the McFries team last night is going into the SEC.  That is what is puzzling to me.
Great Expectations

Hogwild07

It's surprsing thay Kentucky is not able to get some of those guys.  They usually get to pick who they want.  They are slowly beginnign to fall from being on top of the college basketball world.

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: Hogwild07 on March 30, 2006, 01:46:22 pm
It's surprsing thay Kentucky is not able to get some of those guys.  They usually get to pick who they want.  They are slowly beginnign to fall from being on top of the college basketball world.

I thought I was the only one who thought this.  I see it too.  It just seems the interest is getting lost in that program.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

Jim Harris

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 30, 2006, 10:33:16 am
i heard commentator say that the last few teams to win it all have all had a MCD's AA on their squad.

2002 Maryland was the first team since the McD's team was created to win the NCAA Championship without a McD AA on the roster. The champs since Maryland have all had one or more.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

sportscrazy

The talent differential is much less between McD's All-Americans and other top notch players now a days.  We will see more Maryland type teams win it all.  Hey that could be George Mason this weekend.  Don't need McD's all-americans to win anymore.  There are a lot of great players out there.

hogwild32

i dont trust anything that has the word "Mcdonalds" in it.  Its kind of like "star ratings" on recruits.  No value should be put into it

thahawg

Quote from: fu-man-soo on March 30, 2006, 10:12:48 am
we had no players in the game last night.  i know it is not a necessity but it would be nice.  if michael washington is good enough to enter the draft shouldn't he have been a mcd's aa?

Micheal Washington is not eliable to play in the game because he is in Prep School not High School.
That is why Brandon Rush did not get to play in it and other Prep schoolers.

UnionChristian#3

the SEC is just a football/baseball conference...basketball is just kinda falling off......
Oh wait, we've got two teams in the final for; so much for the praised ACC.
"It's not who I am on the inside, but it's what I do, that defines who I am."

thahawg

Quote from: UnionChristian#3 on March 30, 2006, 08:59:33 pm
the SEC is just a football/baseball conference...basketball is just kinda falling off

How can you say that when we have two teams in the final four?

pork and mindy

Dontell Jefferson could have been a Hardy's all american.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: hogwild32 on March 30, 2006, 07:56:45 pm
i dont trust anything that has the word "Mcdonalds" in it.  Its kind of like "star ratings" on recruits.  No value should be put into it

Isn't that the truth - this coming from the same restaurant that ditched the best apple pies ever for a lame baked variety.

Bacon out...

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: pork and mindy on March 31, 2006, 01:21:31 pm
Dontell Jefferson could have been a Hardy's all american.

+1

Bacon out...

Jim Harris

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 31, 2006, 12:29:44 pm
since 1978, no team has won the NC without at least 1 mcdonalds all american on its roster. duke had 7 when they won it in 2001.

read more, post less. Maryland 2002 was the first team since the McDonald's AA team was created that won the National Championship without having a McD's AA on the roster.

I hate having to repeat myself.  :)
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

mbgrulz

Quote from: drakehog on March 31, 2006, 06:04:42 pm
Quote from: mbgrulz on March 31, 2006, 12:29:44 pm
since 1978, no team has won the NC without at least 1 mcdonalds all american on its roster. duke had 7 when they won it in 2001.

read more, post less. Maryland 2002 was the first team since the McDonald's AA team was created that won the National Championship without having a McD's AA on the roster.

I hate having to repeat myself.  :)
your avitar fits you well, sorry to trouble you. i got my info from an early 2002 article, my bad bobby...i mean coach knight - please dont choke me.