Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lighted docks.

Started by jbcarol, July 18, 2021, 01:58:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

The brightest spot for fishing

QuoteWe're entering the dog days of summer — But for those who can adjust their schedule—and don't mind a few mosquitoes and mayflies—fishing around lighted docks after sundown comes into its own at this time of year.

Lights on many docks which attract insects and tiny water organisms, which in turn attract baitfish, which then attract gamefish and you've got a winning summer combination.

Suspend a live shad 4 to 6 inches long several feet below a float, directly below a dock light. (Note that you're allowed to fish private docks on public lakes so long as you do not set foot on the dock or the shore adjacent.)

Live shad can be hard to come by, however, and some lures work pretty well, too. The favorite for stripers is a white quarter-ounce bucktail, which allows working a variety of depths from almost at the surface to many feet down. Or use a soft jerkbait with a swimmer tail—
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogbud

Needs a stripper poke

Rayzback

I got a mobile version...

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Martygit

That's a damn good way to  attract every bug  around - I'll be in the house waiting for you to  bring in your catch so I can cook it
RIP OTR, REV

Jackrabbit Hog

That image brings to mind a certain song made famous by Manfred Mann.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net