Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There's a reason he beat BAMA this year

Started by hoghevn, December 18, 2017, 01:30:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghevn

One thing everyone is forgetting......  Bama had 4 STARTING defensive linebackers; 4 mind you....  STARTING Defensive linebackers out hurt and NOT playing in the Bama vs Aubbie game.  How many times do you think that's going to ever happen again?

Everyone thinks Aubbie beat them at full strength.  They didn't.  Gus won't beat BAMA again; EVER.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

redleg

Bold statement to say he won't ever beat him again. No one knows what can and will happen in the Iron Bowl. While I do think the Tide win in Tuscaloosa in 2018, I think Auburn has a good chance to win in Auburn in "19 and "21 if Gus is still there.
The bad part about your statement is, all it did was give those Bama underclassmen playing time and experience which is just going to make it even harder for Arkansas to beat them over the next couple of seasons. :(
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Shorttimer

Nobody talks about this much either but they had an offensive linebacker out, as well as a defensive fullback.  They were gutted on all three sides of the ball.

3kgthog

I think Clemson and Auburn being able to beat Saban has poked a hole in the Tide cloak of invincibility. That fear factor was what Bama used to beat a lot of teams before kickoff.

I liken it to what happened to Tiger Woods. Once he had his marriage troubles and his body fell apart, guys no longer saw him as perfect and unbeatable and he's never been able to come back from it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Shorttimer on December 18, 2017, 01:39:54 pm
Nobody talks about this much either but they had an offensive linebacker out, as well as a defensive fullback.  They were gutted on all three sides of the ball.
I honestly did not know that!  Thanks!

younghog

GO HOGS

drizzle

And Bama's offensive linebackers are bigger, faster, and stronger than anyone else's!

3of5-2

When we beat Bama, we can talk. Until then, we are in no position to rationalize why Gus won, or even care. Like Redleg said, all that did was give the Bama underclassmen a head start on the rest of us.

DeltaBoy

Bama go to shut up some folks in a few more weeks.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Piggfoot

We had 7 or 8 players out but Bielema haters said we should have had better depth. said players out are no excuse.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

atekido

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 18, 2017, 01:55:55 pm
We had 7 or 8 players out but Bielema haters said we should have had better depth. said players out are no excuse.

and what did our record end up as vs Bama's record.... You realize our 2nd and 3rd stringers would play behind Bama's right?

The NewEra

The SEC Forum is begging for this thread.  Who Cares???????

J-Five

Quote from: hoghevn on December 18, 2017, 01:30:53 pm
One thing everyone is forgetting......  Bama had 4 STARTING defensive linebackers; 4 mind you....  STARTING Defensive linebackers out hurt and NOT playing in the Bama vs Aubbie game.  How many times do you think that's going to ever happen again?

Everyone thinks Aubbie beat them at full strength.  They didn't.  Gus won't beat BAMA again; EVER.

Is there such a thing as offensive linebackers? 
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

Piggfoot

Quote from: atekido on December 18, 2017, 02:02:43 pm

and what did our record end up as vs Bama's record.... You realize our 2nd and 3rd stringers would play behind Bama's right?
If you are a Bielema hater there is nothing I can say that can convince you that we may have had a better overall record had we not lost so many players. It is tru we didn't have any depth but Bielema did not have ten + years like Saban to build depth and Auburn without their main running back lost to Georgia a team they out played earlier with a healthy squad.

Vantage 8 dude

In my many, many years I have found it typically VERY foolish to speak or write in absolutes. While the defensive injuries most certainly hurt the Tide in this past Iron Bowl, we obviously don't know what will happen in the future. I suspect if Gus is there for a few more years we will likely see AU win another Iron Bowl at some point.

hogsanity

What? Injuries can make a difference? Hogville told me that was just an excuse.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razrbike

The starting defensive punter was out as well.  But the special teams kickers were all healthy.

Captain Hogthrob

^ BOINGO!^
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

HoggyCat

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 18, 2017, 02:28:29 pm
If you are a Bielema hater there is nothing I can say that can convince you that we may have had a better overall record had we not lost so many players. It is tru we didn't have any depth but Bielema did not have ten + years like Saban to build depth and Auburn without their main running back lost to Georgia a team they out played earlier with a healthy squad.

MAYBE 6-6. The season already turned downhill before the major injuries started. But continue to hold on to that rope.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Piggfoot

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 18, 2017, 02:40:27 pm
MAYBE 6-6. The season already turned downhill before the major injuries started. But continue to hold on to that rope.
Again nothing can convince a hater. Particularly a hater with a manufactured memory.
April 29: Junior running back Rawleigh Williams
Aug. 31: Junior cornerback Ryan Pulley suffers a right pectoral tear.  Pulley was Arkansas' top returning defensive back.
Sept. 23: Senior wide receiver Jared Cornelius ruptures his left Achilles
Oct. 7: Senior quarterback Austin Allen leaves Arkansas' loss at South Carolina
Oct. 21: Senior center Frank Ragnow (ankle) and freshman running back Chase Hayden (leg) are lost for the season due to injuries sustained in a loss to Auburn.
Next year we will be lucky to win 7 games with a healthy team.

SSFrazorback

GoHogs1091

If Alabama had those defensive players for the Iron Bowl it might have helped Alabama, but Auburn probably would have still won.  Auburn was playing better football at the end of the season than Alabama.

Alabama has a difficult task ahead of them in the Semi-Final.  It may not matter if they get any of those defensive players back.  Hurts is going to have to play at a very high level in regards to passing the ball because Alabama is not going to consistently run the ball effectively against Clemson.

Clemson's 2017 Defensive Line may be the best DL Saban has faced at the collegiate level.  Three of Clemson's starting Defensive Linemen are probable future 1st Round NFL Draft picks.  The 4th Clemson DL starter is at worst a future 2nd Round NFL Draft pick.

Even if Bo Scarbrough is able to get through the Clemson DL, he will have to deal with Clemson's Middle Linebacker, Tre Lamar.

Tre Lamar   6'4"  250 lbs.
Bo Scarbrough   6'2"  235 lbs.

Auburn got 38 Total Rushing Yards on 42 Rushing Attempts for a 0.9 Yard per Carry Avg. against Clemson.

Piggfoot

Quote from: SSFrazorback on December 18, 2017, 02:53:19 pm
This is an Arkansas forum right?
[/quote This time of year when the hogs are out of it the topics are expanded. If left to Arkansas alone it would be dead.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 18, 2017, 02:28:29 pm

You do know that Saban won a national championship in his THIRD YEAR at Bama.  Just saying.

lilRockNDubb

Yeah those back up 5 stars are terrible..

DiamondHogFan

Those 4 starting linebackers being out likely saved us a whole lot of money....

SSFrazorback

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 18, 2017, 03:00:03 pm
This time of year when the hogs are out of it the topics are expanded. If left to Arkansas alone it would be dead.

When two of the top three threads are about Gus it's hard to tell. How about Gus get his own page for all of you acting like jilted lovers.

RebelliousHog

Everyone talks about Bama being full of 5star players and when one gets hurt or leaves, they just say "Next!"

There is a reason they are not starting. The 1st teamer is better, stars notwithstanding. So I agree with the premise of OP.

With a full strength Bama, Aubie prolly doesn't win.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci