Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JL in executive session now

Started by ballz2thewall, November 09, 2017, 09:49:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 10:51:56 am
So when he doesn't fire Jeff, what do they do??

I don't think that will be an issue. Rarely does a Chancellor ever go against the BOT that hired him.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Porked Tongue

Just a little smoke is all for the feeding frenzy.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Porked Tongue

BB is not going to be here and the rest is just spitshine. 

dandd TD

CBB is out. They don't decide those thing just on meeting day. That's not how it really works. The ones that have the power have made this decision. We will have a new coach in a short period of time.
I don't claim like many to have sources, but he's out. Long will
stay.

rhames

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on November 09, 2017, 10:53:16 am
Could it be that the BOT is recommending what Long and Steinmetz should do with Bielema and the meeting has nothing to do with Long's employment?  Would this even be the time or place to do that? 

Or seeing how they are going to handle the situation. But you're spot on for the most part
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on November 09, 2017, 10:53:16 am
Could it be that the BOT is recommending what Long and Steinmetz should do with Bielema and the meeting has nothing to do with Long's employment?  Would this even be the time or place to do that? 
I honestly have no clue. I'm just posting what I see pertaining to the BOT meeting. It's up to everyone else to decide what it means.

rhames

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

hawgon

Long sure looks awfully isolated in that pic.

Porked Tongue

BOT info should be private in this situation but sadly won't be and that is a failure on a whole different level. 

WilsonHog

From Pig Trail Nation:

"Future of both Long and Steinmetz at UA likely being discussed at this point. Several things not out publicly being discussed in this meeting per sources."

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 09, 2017, 10:49:09 am
I agree.

This is hilarious.  The "national media" might mention Long's termination in passing, with a blurb about him firing Petrino in 2012, but then will move on to more interesting and important sports stories such as whether a Cuban baseball player can be a racist for making fun of another minority or who is more injury prone, Sam Bradford or Sam Bowie.

The perceived reverence for and adoration of Jeff Long according to some Razorback fans is maybe the most bizarre situation I have ever observed in five decades of watching Arkansas athletics.  "Figment of the imagination" doesn't come close to doing it justice.

hawgon

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 09, 2017, 10:57:29 am
BOT info should be private in this situation but sadly won't be and that is a failure on a whole different level.

They may have tried that already for all know.

woodhog14

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 09, 2017, 10:57:53 am
From Pig Trail Nation:

"Future of both Long and Steinmetz at UA likely being discussed at this point. Several things not out publicly being discussed in this meeting per sources."
Wow. Steinmetz just started in June or July of this year.

hogmolar

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 10:47:06 am
I would submit that a very public summoning for explanations regarding a major project and its expenditures could be reason to believe that there might be some non performance issues.
Could be the case but none of us know how the BOT see it.  Most on here want JL fired because of the football record, which he should own. At the time the hire looked good and it did not work out.  This is just one portion ( I know one that most are crazy excited about) of his job.  We cant see how well he is doing in the other aspects set before him by the Chancellor or BOT.  Maybe they are there to ask him... How is the expansion going? Can you give us data and numbers? We all see our football program is struggling what are your plans?

Next cross roads in my opinion for JL is what does he do about football?  In my opinion he is playing Russian roulette.  Statistics show that there are more failures in hiring coaches than finding the next Urban Meyer.  As much as we don't like to hear it, he does not have unlimited resources or the program to get a known commodity.  As much as you want to research things sometimes your hire just won't work out.  This could be why he is so reluctant to fire CBB because he does have a great history and is a known commodity.  Some will disagree and I understand, but it is easy to sit in our chairs and say do this or that when our life and job is not dependent on it.       

Porked Tongue

From Pig Trail Nation:

As it should be even if Hogs were 8-0.  Its routine.

rzrbackramsfan

ricepig

From Pig Trail Nation:

Go ahead and say it, per HV!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 10:52:31 am
Read this.

https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/928664377414299648

I've been saying for years, if you want the attention and respect of the recipient of your letter, you MUST refer to a fat person as Jabba the Hut.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 09, 2017, 10:55:48 am
BB is not going to be here and the rest is just spitshine. 

Yep common sense. 
JL:  Ok Bert's gone, this is our plan. 
BOT:  Chancellor Steinmetz do you concur?
JS:  Dilly Dilly
BOT: Dilly Dilly 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogsanity

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2017, 10:58:38 am
This is hilarious.  The "national media" might mention Long's termination in passing, with a blurb about him firing Petrino in 2012, but then will move on to more interesting and important sports stories such as whether a Cuban baseball player can be a racist for making fun of another minority or who is more injury prone, Sam Bradford or Sam Bowie.

That is funny right there, and true
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

azhog10

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 09, 2017, 10:57:29 am
Good! Time for Them to come out with what's really going on. The state and taxpayers deserve answers.

jgphillips3

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HogFoo on November 09, 2017, 09:52:38 am
Yeah, my buddy just told me he gone. So we'll see. Well actually he said it about 25mins ago, I just saw the text. So, we'll see what gonna happen. I'm sure JL trying to throw whoever he can under the bus as this point.
Who is gone, JL? I already know BB is gone.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 09, 2017, 10:53:01 am
Actually he nailed it. Broyles did screw up hiring Crowe. That was dumb

In hindsight. The fact that the replacement head coach had to be named less than three weeks before signing day did no favors to Broyles. Can  you imagine going through a coaching search in that short of a time before national signing day?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 09, 2017, 10:59:56 am
Just a letter from a fan to the chancellor? 
Yes. I just wanted people to read it. I agree with some of what he said , but felt like the "Jabba" comments and railing against Bobby Allen was way over the top and unnecessary.

hawgon

I'll say this, a two hour executive session is a lot more than Jeff Long saying, "The expansion is going great and we've sold all ten suites."

azhog10

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 09, 2017, 10:59:51 am
As it should be even if Hogs were 8-0.  Its routine.
LOL, this is not routine. But you paint whatever picture you'd like to paint......I'm still waiting for all these coaching changes and transfers to take place from last basketball season........

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 11:03:00 am
Yes. I just wanted people to read it. I agree with some of what he said , but felt like the "Jabba" comments and railing against Bobby Allen was way over the top and unnecessary.

The author clearly confused email with a message board.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

mckinneyhog5

From Pig Trail Nation:

"likely" lol..might as well have typed "we think". But with any meeting of course the future is always discussed.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

BR

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 09, 2017, 11:02:32 am
In hindsight. The fact that the replacement head coach had to be named less than three weeks before signing day did no favors to Broyles. Can  you imagine going through a coaching search in that short of a time before national signing day?
NOW with the New signing Dates in December, it is going to happen a lot..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

The Hawg Marshal

Tyler Thomason‏ @TyThomason 9m9 minutes ago

Jeff Long and UA Chancellor Joe Steinmetz have not been seen for more than half an hour.

They were seated in auditorium when executive session began.
1 reply 7 retweets 2 likes

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 11:03:00 am

Word.  I'm just surprised the media posted that and thought there might be something more to it. 

I forget that a letter like this might be new content for someone that doesn't live on hogville. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 11:06:41 am
Tyler Thomason‏ @TyThomason 9m9 minutes ago

Jeff Long and UA Chancellor Joe Steinmetz have not been seen for more than half an hour.

They were seated in auditorium when executive session began.
1 reply 7 retweets 2 likes

I think this Tyler Thomason might be kind of a drama queen. 

Porked Tongue

If the BOT was going to do something serious, it would have happened already before today. 

This Is everyone just getting on the same pages today.

hawgon

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 09, 2017, 11:06:48 am
Word.  I'm just surprised the media posted that and thought there might be something more to it. 

I forget that a letter like this might be new content for someone that doesn't live on hogville.

Might depend on who it was from.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: azhog10 on November 09, 2017, 11:02:03 am
Good! Time for Them to come out with what's really going on. The state and taxpayers deserve answers.

OFFS there is not some wild malfeasance going on.  Although everyone wants a better FB product, the BOT and Chancellor JS do not revolve around on field performance.  The UofA is a well run, growing, prospering, pragmatic, university.  The fact that BB is 4-5 and should have lost to Coastal does not mean the University is going down the tubes, officials are absconding with boatloads of cash or anything untoward.  It means an under-performing coach needs to be dealt with.  It's a personnel matter that should be discussed in ES, and it is.  We do not have to know every GD detail.  All I care about is that it will be resolved.  Side note:  If they happen to discuss the Coke Pepsi thing, I'm ok with that as well. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 09, 2017, 11:06:48 am

You know today's media, it's all about sensationalism.

Hogman_33

Does JL have a buyout? If so how much?

EastexHawg

If, and I repeat if...because I have no sources...both Bielema and Long are canned I CANNOT WAIT for the fusillade of "revelations" that will come out before the door slams behind them.  "We knew all along that this **** wasn't going to work...."  The stories have been wrapped like Christmas presents, just waiting to have the bows torn off and the paper ripped to shreds, unveiling the goodies for all the world to see.

From Pig Trail Nation:

If indeed the chancellor is on the hot seat. It's a lot bigger than football. Would have to be financial problems undisclosed.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 11:03:37 am
I'll say this, a two hour executive session is a lot more than Jeff Long saying, "The expansion is going great and we've sold all ten suites."

I'm sorry, please post the agenda for the executive session, I didn't realize that was all that was listed.

azhog10

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 09, 2017, 11:07:57 am
OFFS there is not some wild malfeasance going on.  Although everyone wants a better FB product, the BOT and Chancellor JS do not revolve around on field performance.  The UofA is a well run, growing, prospering, pragmatic, university.  The fact that BB is 4-5 and should have lost to Coastal does not mean the University is going down the tubes, officials are absconding with boatloads of cash or anything untoward.  It means an under-performing coach needs to be dealt with.  It's a personnel matter that should be discussed in ES, and it is.  We do not have to know every GD detail.  All I care about is that it will be resolved.  Side note:  If they happen to discuss the Coke Pepsi thing, I'm ok with that as well.
IT's also one asking for millions of dollars to help fund it's stadium renovation/add-on. It also has a history of doing shady things (CBP's hiring of his mistress) and then hiring an interim coach that was involved in a financial crisis of his own.

I think it's time there be more transparency absolutely.

rhames

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 09, 2017, 11:07:45 am
If the BOT was going to do something serious, it would have happened already before today. 

This Is everyone just getting on the same pages today.

I think people are expecting some scene from the apprentice where they shout "you're fired "

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 09, 2017, 11:02:32 am

Yep, kind of a Derek Dooley situation.  AD's make bad hires.  Jeremy Foley, thought of as one of the best hired Ron Zook.  Making a bad hire isn't the end of the world.  Keeping him too long and not hiring someone better is the bigger problem.  Ford was better than Crowe, Nutt was better than Ford.

RME

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 11:03:37 am

Been a part of many of this board's executive sessions, have you?

Porked Tongue

Quote from: azhog10 on November 09, 2017, 11:04:27 am
LOL, this is not routine. But you paint whatever picture you'd like to paint......I'm still waiting for all these coaching changes and transfers to take place from last basketball season........

Mayberry and Haydar are gone. 

(Back to ignore)

zerose

I am not a regular poster on this board. I do read from time to time because I am a diehard hog fan. If you check my previous post I have been able to predict/leak some things. I am making another "prediction". Long will not survive after this meeting today. I am not claiming he is gone today (I don't know that for sure). But he will not be here in one year's time. If you want to know the reason's why read some of my other posts.
Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.