Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama Fan Friend Tells me Arkansas Will Not...

Started by Hog Waller, March 05, 2018, 12:27:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BearsBisonsBoars

AHiD

Quote from: imtad16 on March 05, 2018, 12:55:18 pm
My thoughts exactly. Putting Orgeron with those guys is hilarious. He is a top assistant and a great players coach that can motivate, but even with top talent he is going to drive LSU into the ground. I just don't think he can handle managing the whole program.

I think Orgeron is LSU's Nutt
My name...is Jerruh

Ā 

LZH

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 05, 2018, 03:55:15 pm
I think Orgeron is LSU's Nutt

I still don't know what they were thinking. Fire a pretty dang good coach in the middle of the season and then turn around and hire Ed O.?

247Hog

Quote from: HogX on March 05, 2018, 12:38:35 pm
Once he threw Orgeron into that conversation, his credibility went out the window.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: LZH on March 05, 2018, 03:58:58 pm
I still don't know what they were thinking. Fire a pretty dang good coach in the middle of the season and then turn around and hire Ed O.?

The rumor is that Aleva got his fee fees hurt when Herman chose  ::hornsdown::. So he went with the guy who "wanted to be there".

My theory is that he just didn't do his homework and therefore had absolutely no backup plan when Herman backed out.

If either of those choices are even remotely accurate, he needs to be headed for unemployment - do not pass Go, do not collect two million dollars.

cityhog

Quote from: Hog Waller on March 05, 2018, 12:27:18 pm
Beat Alabama (Saban), Auburn (Malzahn), LSU (Orgeron), or A&M (Fisher) with Morris as our HC for the next 5 years because we will not be able to recruit well enough, and that Morris is not or will ever be able to out coach the afore mentioned coaches.

Honestly, I thought my friend was just being cocky after a few bourbons, but he is dead serious.  He's not some blowhard, rather he is well educated and follows college football closely. 

I personally think he is full of crap, that with the right coach we can beat teams/coaches like the ones mentioned regardless of our recruiting rankings...our history has proven this.  What say you?  Have the times changed so much that we will never be able to compete with the top echelon of the SEC West again, or do we really need to consider taking our ball and playing somewhere else?

I tend to agree. With this coach we'll be better suited for the Big12/in reality 10.

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: HogX on March 05, 2018, 12:38:35 pm
Once he threw Orgeron into that conversation, his credibility went out the window.

Exactly

AHiD

Quote from: LZH on March 05, 2018, 03:58:58 pm

I mean they looked like a different team after they fired Les
My name...is Jerruh

LZH

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on March 05, 2018, 04:06:57 pm
My theory is that he just didn't do his homework and therefore had absolutely no backup plan when Herman backed out.

If either of those choices are even remotely accurate, he needs to be headed for unemployment - do not pass Go, do not collect two million dollars.

Agreed

Hawgphat

It stands to reason, at this juncture, that the SEC perennial powerhouse programs have no cause to fear Arkansas.  However, there are variables which have been known to come into play during the course of "predetermined" contests which change the complexion of games; - - - especially CLOSE games.

I don't think that many among us here would opine that Arkansas is in any worse shape - in terms of hope for improvement - than it has been for the previous two years, at least.  I certainly don't expect the Hogs to register back-to-back 4-8 seasons.  I truly believe that our performance quotient is bound to improve.  It may improve slowly - and in small increments - but I firmly believe that our competitive level will be on the upswing over the course of the next several seasons.

Vantage 8 dude

March 05, 2018, 04:52:05 pm #60 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:41:28 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Beat Alabama (Saban), Auburn (Malzahn), LSU (Orgeron), or A&M (Fisher) with Morris as our HC for the next 5 years because we will not be able to recruit well enough, and that Morris is not or will ever be able to out coach the afore mentioned coaches.

Honestly, I thought my friend was just being cocky after a few bourbons, but he is dead serious.  He's not some blowhard, rather he is well educated and follows college football closely. 

I personally think he is full of crap, that with the right coach we can beat teams/coaches like the ones mentioned regardless of our recruiting rankings...our history has proven this.  What say you?  Have the times changed so much that we will never be able to compete with the top echelon of the SEC West again, or do we really need to consider taking our ball and playing somewhere else?
Tell you what: how about asking this a..hole to "put his money where his mouth is". Yep, how about you betting him $1,000 that IF the Hogs win any ONE of those twenty matchups that he owes you the funds? Obviously if he's right he collects. Of course in order for him to do so the entire five years will have to play out. However, it's just possible you could be collecting as early as sometime this coming season. Let's see what this blow hard is made of. I'll bet he's full of excrement. BTW I'll put up your side the bet on with my own funds. PM and we'll work out the arrangements.

One last thought: don't clue your "educated" buddy that the odds are heavily stacked on your side. In order to win the bet all you have to be right 1/20 (5%) of the time. He has to be right 20/20 (100%). I think even a non gambler would take those odds any day of the week.

TexHog188

Educated?  In Alabama?  Perhaps he meant we would never beat them in Feb (Recruiting)?  It's probably not likely that we will beat AL in the next 1-2 year, but years 3-5, I'm not willing to concede.  As for those other schools, it's game on in 2018!
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Cinco de Hogo

I don't care what anyone else says or thinks, it all has to play out on the field.  As for what I think, we are in a better position to have success than we were five years ago and that's good enough until proof is required on the field.

Five years ago I was sweating the big stuff, right now i'm not even sweating the small stuff.  Just happy to let it play out.

Ā 

SooieGeneris

The past is prologue. We have heard this crap every time we have a coaching change and every time we don't. Very few SEC fans have any idea about our program and what it's capable of.

Except for the older ones, they've never seen us at our best. I don't care if the guy has a PHD, on this subject he is ignorant of our program and it's potential.

I can recall barstool philosophers saying the exact same thing about Nutt and even Petrino. I wouldn't waste any more time listening to this clown.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

cram224

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on March 05, 2018, 03:09:17 pm
Va Tech had decent success prior to Vick. They finished in the Top 25 in 5 of 6 years before he took over (1999).
What was Beamers record the first 5 years. Va Tech was never considered much nationally until Vick. They be good for 3 or 4 loses since.

GoHogs1091

Alabama and their fans need to be worried about Clemson and Ohio State.  Clemson will probably be better this season than last season.

It would also help Alabama if Saban could figure out how not to lose as often as he has to Malzahn (he has lost to Malzahn twice).

31to6

March 05, 2018, 05:47:36 pm #66 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:51:02 pm by 31to6
Your friend is an idiot.

He may have a point with Alabama, but *nobody* has a good record vs 'Bama and there are several SEC teams that haven't notched a win vs them since Saban arrived.

But every non-interim Razorback coach since we joined the SEC has a win over LSU (even including Smiley's interim year).

And all our non-interim coaches since joining the SEC have a win over Auburn. CBB even wrecked the mighty Gus Bus once and when we were playing Auburn in the Nutt years that coincided with Tubervilles very impressive run where he was averaging 10 wins a season and downright owning the Iron Bowl (something like 8-2).

As for the Aggies, we own the series, and all of our coaches have beaten them except for Bielema. Petrino owned the Aggies. Sumlin had CBB's number but it wasn't due to a lack of talent on the field. We had them on the ropes more than once but choked away 4th quarter leads.

He may think that Morris is not going to get it done, which he is free to think. But there is no way to really know until we see him in action in the SEC.

But history (and even recent history) says that it is is foolish to claim that Arkansas will go 0-fer against all four of those schools for 5 years.

HoggyCat

He'll be wrong on at least 50% of that prediction this fall alone.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

MuskogeeHogFan

He doesn't know anymore than we do, at this point. Only time will tell.

As for your last sentence, we aren't going anywhere. Was that really the purpose of this thread? To start that talk up again? We aren't leaving the stability and financial benefit of the SEC. Too many other sports benefit from this.
Go Hogs Go!

HoggyCat

Quote from: 31to6 on March 05, 2018, 05:47:36 pm
Your friend is an idiot.

He may have a point with Alabama, but *nobody* has a good record vs 'Bama and there are several SEC teams that haven't notched a win vs them since Saban arrived.

But every Razorback coach since we joined the SEC has a win over LSU (even including Smiley's interim year).

And all our non-interim coaches since joining the SEC have a win over Auburn. CBB even wrecked the mighty Gus Bus once and when we were playing Auburn in the Nutt years that coincided with Tubervilles very impressive run where he was averaging 10 wins a season and downright owning the Iron Bowl (something like 8-2).

As for the Aggies, we own the series, and all of our coaches have beaten them except for Bielema. Petrino owned the Aggies. Sumlin had CBB's number but it wasn't due to a lack of talent on the field. We had them on the ropes more than once but choked away 4th quarter leads.

He may think that Morris is not going to get it done, which he is free to think. But there is no way to really know until we see him in action in the SEC.

But history (and even recent history) says that it is is foolish to claim that Arkansas will go 0-fer against all four of those schools for 5 years.

No, JLS did NOT beat LSU. We were a play away, but lost.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

razorbacker3

If the hogs don't beat at least one of those teams in the next four years, don't expect a fifth year.
:D

arlhog

This is all one guy's opinion.  He may be right.  Probably not though.   Even if CMM doesn't recruit that well, what are the chances we don't get one of those teams on a bad day or one of those teams doesn't start tanking?   CBB even got a win against Gus.  Hopefully we are at least competitive before 5 years passes though.  I can't take another 5 years of sucking.

Science Fiction Greg

Your friend is stupid and you shouldn't need us to tell you that.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hog Waller on March 05, 2018, 12:40:37 pm
Yea, I started laughing when he mentioned Ed.  His reasoning there is based purely from a recruiting standpoint, same with Malzahn/Auburn.

Under Orgeron they have beat us 38-10 and 33-10. Thus far not a whole lot of evidence that's gonna be an easy row to hoe.

Bama? Yep I agree with him there. A&M? What's our record against them the past few years? Auburn? We have competed with and beat them/Malzahn in recent past. 

I do think we will be able to beat or at least compete with these programs on occasion. But to firmly move up there with them or surplant them we will have to start recruiting better than 10th-14th in the conference (norm for us)....that's for sure.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Ā 

31to6

Quote from: HoggyCat on March 05, 2018, 06:52:22 pm
No, JLS did NOT beat LSU. We were a play away, but lost.
I got Auburn and LSU backward. My bad.

KateHog

Tell the Bama fan to get lost. I wouldn't be friends with someone that hates the Razorbacks.

PorkBilly

Hugh Freeze says hello. What did he have to say about him...someone that came from a lower tier program that beat Satan twice?  I guess he predicted that?😉

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: AP85 on March 05, 2018, 12:40:46 pm
Haha. You're a hog fan. 24/7 crisis mode.
Naw dawg... That's all you. You're one of the few, the proud, the afraid to hope, because you've been too jaded.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Steef on March 05, 2018, 12:52:17 pm
None of those four coaches will still be at those schools in five more years.

Least of all Saban.

We dont know how good/bad Morris is. But three of those coaches are known to be beatable.

So....meh.

Id bet money Saban is still around.

Id never say never, but OP's pal will probably be correct more than he would be wrong, if history is to be repeated

TNarch

Alabama hasn't had an undefeated season since 2009...they can be beaten, and just as easily by a newly focused Razorback program as any other team in the SEC. 

It's March.  The way I see it, we have a chance until the end of the 4th quarter.  Go Hogs!!

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: cityhog on March 05, 2018, 04:07:36 pm
I tend to agree. With this coach we'll be better suited for the Big12/in reality 10.
Then you'll have the same look on your face as the Gump's in 2021...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TNRazorbacker

Nothing really that earth shattering with this proclamation. It is going to be tough winning those games regardless of who is coaching. They do all recruit better and invest at least as much if not more in their programs as we do. There's no magic powder otherwise. Its a competitive league. We'll see how things go.

PigPusher

Everyone has an opinion. Some or worth more than others.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PigPusher on March 06, 2018, 12:22:42 am
Everyone has an opinion. Some or worth more than others.
It's my opinion that the OP needs better friends or maybe he should get a dog.

Steef

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on March 05, 2018, 10:35:24 pm
Id bet money Saban is still around.

Id never say never, but OP's pal will probably be correct more than he would be wrong, if history is to be repeated

Time will tell.

All four of those teams stay ahead of us in recruiting and that isnt likely to change. But Morris could (and I think will)  close the gap.

As I said, at least 3 of those guys are beatable and in truth, Bret was one fumble away from beating Nick.

Frankle, none of us know how Morris will do.

Neither does the OP's friend.

Steef

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 06, 2018, 12:49:31 am
It's my opinion that the OP needs better friends or maybe he should get a dog.

My first thought was "mean spirited thing for a friend to say".

But most Bama fans i know really are arrogant.

On a side note...when Nick does retire, whichever coach takes his place has impossible expectations to live up to.

rlamb

Even the idiot Bielema should have beaten Saban in 2014. Petrino should have beaten him in
2010 and Nutt should have won in 2007 as McFadden was hurt at the end of the game. We have
a fair historical record against Malazan & Auburn being about 10-15 against them in SEC play and
we know we can beat that swamp thing Orgeron as past history indicates as Nutt was 3-0 over
him at Ole Miss and even dumb ass Bielema was 2-3 against LSU. Fischer, who knows, but I do
know with better coaching over the last 6 years, we should be at least 3-3 against the Pollacks
(Aggies). I really don't know where all you wussies have this defeatist attitude? If Morris turns
out to be at least a "B" Coach, we'll be alright!

Nashville Fan

Feels like after Ford left right now... Except with a smarter head coach.
Pittman or Bust!

rljjr

Okay, guys, the Bama Fan is trying to break your spirit. He thinks we're just going to call it day, wait for the other coaches to retire, make up for it later. You know what, who gives a darn? Five months until game-time, we can handle it. But I'll tell you something else, that old man flooding his liver with bourbon tells me something: the guy is scared. Scared of you; sick, degenerate hog fans. And you know what? He should be. Because I got news for you. We're going to win these games.

So, what's it going to be? We can either cancel practice today, go back to our lives, wait for tomorrow, or we can prepare for the greatest ass-kicking fiesta in the history of football. I'll leave it to you guys.

Athog

He is entitled to his opinion which is worth no more than yours or mine!

Hog N Bama

Your Bama "friend" is cocky and knows it all? SHOCKING :puke:

Al Boarland

Quote from: SooieGeneris on March 05, 2018, 05:26:24 pm
The past is prologue. We have heard this crap every time we have a coaching change and every time we don't. Very few SEC fans have any idea about our program and what it's capable of.

Except for the older ones, they've never seen us at our best. I don't care if the guy has a PHD, on this subject he is ignorant of our program and it's potential.

I can recall barstool philosophers saying the exact same thing about Nutt and even Petrino. I wouldn't waste any more time listening to this clown.

What, in your opinion, is the program potential?

Al Boarland

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on March 05, 2018, 10:50:02 pm
Then you'll have the same look on your face as the Gump's in 2021...

What is happening in 2021?

East TN HAWG

I think that this is how the majority of the SEC feels about AR right now.  We hired a relatively unknown coach to them with a unimpressive record.  CCM may be known in Texas, but not too well known in AL and other places.  On the surface, SEC fans probably feel like we don't know what we are doing up here.   

Fans in AR are starting to see record number of HS coaches and recruits flock to NWA to watch practices.  An average fan in AL as no visibility to these sorts of things, and they wont until signing day.  At that point, we will be accused of cheating. 

The SEC better get prepared because a tidal wave is coming their way from the Ozarks.  It may take a year or two to reach their beaches, but when it does it will destroy many them, and they won't know what happened. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: SooieGeneris on March 05, 2018, 05:26:24 pm

What's it capable of?

steveaustin69

Quote from: TexHog188 on March 05, 2018, 05:08:38 pm
Educated?  In Alabama?  Perhaps he meant we would never beat them in Feb (Recruiting)?  It's probably not likely that we will beat AL in the next 1-2 year, but years 3-5, I'm not willing to concede.  As for those other schools, it's game on in 2018!

You know Alabama is right around us in state educational rankings? That's like bragging about coming in 6th place in the West.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 06, 2018, 07:54:11 am
What's it capable of?
Competing for SEC Championships.  That is a proven fact.

And i'd Find better friends.
All Gas, No Brakes!

steveaustin69

Quote from: Deep Shoat on March 06, 2018, 07:59:46 am
Competing for SEC Championships.  That is a proven fact.

And i'd Find better friends.

Every year?

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Al Boarland

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 06, 2018, 08:01:07 am
Every year?

I think you could argue that the program, at its best, has been the thorn in the side of the SECw.  When the stars align the program has had a chance to disrupt the conference.  No reason it can't be middle of the pack year in and year out.  If you try to use the SWC days to build your argument that data is irrelevant.