Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama Fan Friend Tells me Arkansas Will Not...

Started by Hog Waller, March 05, 2018, 12:27:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Boarland

Quote from: redleg on March 07, 2018, 09:06:46 am
The rajun cajun at LSU is already starting to faulter, from what I am hearing. He has already shown his true head coaching chops at Ole Miss. He's a great DC and recruiter, but not so good as a HC. Orgeron will not win a national title at LSU, and he will most likely end up getting fired after a couple of sub-par seasons.

He's probably right about Saban and Alabama, though. I don't see the Hogs beating the Tide in the foreseeable future.

Malzahn = cheater. Arkansas dodged a huge bullet by not hiring that guy. He's as dirty as they come. With any luck, it will all come out in an investigation. Either way, Gus played AU just right to get a big payday. He'll have really good teams every 3 or 4 seasons, with mediocre teams in between. 

Fisher - who knows?! Dude won a NC at Florida St in his 4th year, then somehow managed to let that program slip to 7-6 this past season. That shows me he was handed the keys to a sleeping powerhouse, won big, then mismanaged the team by not recruiting, and used his past success to get a huge payday at another program dumb enough to pay him. He could turn the Aggies into a Top 5 team and win a title (which would make every single Aggie on the planet an even bigger insufferable jerk than they already are), or he could have moderate success over the next few seasons before moving on again.  ???

One of the most appealing things about CCM is his connections in TX. He will have the relationships to play the game under the radar. That's what good about having a coach out of the HS ranks. TX  HS football is big on that sort of thing.

Hog Waller

Quote from: Al Boarland on March 07, 2018, 10:58:53 am
One of the most appealing things about CCM is his connections in TX. He will have the relationships to play the game under the radar. That's what good about having a coach out of the HS ranks. TX  HS football is big on that sort of thing.

I definitely pointed this out.  When Arkansas is successful, they were successful recruiting TX.  Something our last 2 coaches did not do well that CCM will turn around quickly.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: HogX on March 05, 2018, 12:38:35 pm
Once he threw Orgeron into that conversation, his credibility went out the window.
Farmer Fran gon liva play anoth day.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hog Waller on March 07, 2018, 11:42:20 am
I definitely pointed this out.  When Arkansas is successful, they were successful recruiting TX.  Something our last 2 coaches did not do well that CCM will turn around quickly.

Agreed. He is will have to play the game in order to be successful. His name alone won't get the job done.