Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Trout makes history again

Started by ucahogfan, September 29, 2013, 03:19:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

After having the greatest rookie season of all time last year, Mike Trout followed it up with another record setting campaign.  In his age 21 season, Trout became the 3rd player since 1900 (Ty Cobb in 1915 and Lenny Dykstra in 1993) with 190 hits, 100 walks, and 30 stolen bases in a season.  He is also the first AL player ever to hit 25 HRs, steal 30 bases, and walk 100 times in a season.  Miggy is the best hitter on the planet right now, but Mike Trout is the best baseball player.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/9743831/mike-trout-los-angeles-angels-rare-company-190th-hit

clutch

He's unbelievable good. He will got A LOT of money in a couple of years. Wonder where he will end up. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to be a Yankee since it's close to home.

ucahogfan

Quote from: clutch on September 29, 2013, 03:36:32 pm
He's unbelievable good. He will got A LOT of money in a couple of years. Wonder where he will end up. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to be a Yankee since it's close to home.
Definitely easy to see a Jersey boy end up a Yankee, but I think he has to love the weather in LA and Josh Hamilton's contract should be up when Trout is no longer under team control.  If Cano wants and gets 10/305, Trout will get 10/450 when all is said and done.

clutch

Quote from: ucahogfan on September 29, 2013, 03:45:49 pm
Definitely easy to see a Jersey boy end up a Yankee, but I think he has to love the weather in LA and Josh Hamilton's contract should be up when Trout is no longer under team control.  If Cano wants and gets 10/305, Trout will get 10/450 when all is said and done.

I'm just curious as to whether Trout got pissed when they didn't pay him more this past offseason. He's by far the best bargain in the history of baseball right now. I don't imagine he was expecting his long term contract yet, but I think he probably expected quite a bit of a bump from what he earned his rookie season.

ucahogfan

Quote from: clutch on September 29, 2013, 09:33:06 pm
I'm just curious as to whether Trout got pissed when they didn't pay him more this past offseason. He's by far the best bargain in the history of baseball right now. I don't imagine he was expecting his long term contract yet, but I think he probably expected quite a bit of a bump from what he earned his rookie season.
Yeah, I would have thought the Angels would have given Trout at least 5 million this year instead of 500K.  He had no say in what he made, but it probably did piss him off some.  The Angels have gotten 2 of the greatest seasons of all time from Trout for just 1 million total right now.  Once he hits arbitration here in a couple of years, the Angels are going to have to pay him the 25+ he is worth.  Will be interesting to see how much his long term contract will be when he eventually signs it.

clutch

Quote from: ucahogfan on September 29, 2013, 09:57:58 pm
Yeah, I would have thought the Angels would have given Trout at least 5 million this year instead of 500K.  He had no say in what he made, but it probably did piss him off some.  The Angels have gotten 2 of the greatest seasons of all time from Trout for just 1 million total right now.  Once he hits arbitration here in a couple of years, the Angels are going to have to pay him the 25+ he is worth.  Will be interesting to see how much his long term contract will be when he eventually signs it.

I can't wait to see how long term of a contract he is offered. I wonder if he goes for one really long term deal or tries to play it where he can get 2 long term deals throughout his career. If he stays the course, he could possibly make over $500M through his career in salary alone.

pigture perfect

I wasn't aware he was only making $500,000 a year. Bargain indeed.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"