Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 more spots?

Started by RazorPiggie, January 24, 2017, 08:21:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

So with Beanum and Hackett moving on, would we have 2 more spots opening up?

kaki

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 24, 2017, 08:21:11 am
This seems to be a never ending confusion to many, but as I understand you have two different targets for recruiting slots:  First per year, you have 25 scholarships which can get confused by virtue of not using all 25 of the previous year's scholarships, so if you signed 23 last year and had two early enrollees in this years class, those two scholarships could count back and the net result is adding the potential of 27 new players to the program.  However regardless of how many the school can sign per year, they have a limit of 85 scholarship players on campus when the fall semester starts, so if you multiply 25 scholarships times 4 years, then you would have 100 on scholarships awarded, which puts the program over the limit. 

So the shorter answer to you question, those two departures do not add to the 25, but they do create space in the 85.

King Kong

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 24, 2017, 08:21:11 am

Currently, we have 83 scholarship player counting current commits.

We can only sign 25. However, Gabe Richardson is a blueshirt candidate by next fall we could potentially have add more than 25 in this class.

Assuming we get more commits from players we want

RazorPiggie

What about the counting back? We haven't signed a full class in a couple of years.

King Kong

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 24, 2017, 08:48:18 am
What about the counting back? We haven't signed a full class in a couple of years.

Giving Scholarships to Reid Miller, Tutt, Ramsey, Michael Taylor, and Dylan Hays took up those count back spots

RazorPiggie

Quote from: King Kong on January 24, 2017, 08:49:50 am
Giving Scholarships to Reid Miller, Tutt, Ramsey, Michael Taylor, and Dylan Hays took up those count back spots

Tutt and Taylor were part of the 22 from last year.

King Kong

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 24, 2017, 09:02:40 am

Never said they weren't. Those count back spots are gone

hawginbigd1

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 24, 2017, 09:02:40 am
I think there are questions about Taylor, he could possibly be this year. I think we can sign 26 if Hays is on scholarship. I would expect us to sign 25, Calloway, Young(Richardson if he doesn't come here?) and either Stewart or Epley.

King Kong

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 24, 2017, 09:25:56 am
I think there are questions about Taylor, he could possibly be this year. I think we can sign 26 if Hays is on scholarship. I would expect us to sign 25, Calloway, Young(Richardson if he doesn't come here?) and either Stewart or Epley.

Hays is on scholarship. Was given on at the start of Fall. CBB mentioned it in the either the first or second presser of Bowl Game prep

ballhogger

Quote from: King Kong on January 24, 2017, 08:37:29 am
Currently, we have 83 scholarship player counting current commits.

We can only sign 25. However, Gabe Richardson is a blueshirt candidate by next fall we could potentially have add more than 25 in this class.

Assuming we get more commits from players we want

What the heck is a blue shirt?  I have heard of grey shirt.  Maybe I am the only one.

King Kong

Quote from: ballhogger on January 24, 2017, 10:01:56 am
What the heck is a blue shirt?  I have heard of grey shirt.  Maybe I am the only one.

A non recruited player that arrives on campus and receives a scholarship counts toward the next Siging Class and not the previous.

To be Non Recruited there are 3 requirements

No Official Visit
No in home visit
Cannot sign a NLI

Oklahawg

Quote from: King Kong on January 24, 2017, 11:13:55 am
A non recruited player that arrives on campus and receives a scholarship counts toward the next Siging Class and not the previous.

To be Non Recruited there are 3 requirements

No Official Visit
No in home visit
Cannot sign a NLI

And that is a really high bar. Taylor may qualify as a blue shirt? Doubt it. Incredibly high standards that would shock me if we are involved with that.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

King Kong

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 24, 2017, 11:42:19 am
And that is a really high bar. Taylor may qualify as a blue shirt? Doubt it. Incredibly high standards that would shock me if we are involved with that.

Right now Gabe Richardson qualifies for this. If we sign 25 and they still want Richardson for next fall. I think we might use this loophole

I thought Taylor officially visited.  But I could be wrong