Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

List of Visitors This Weekend

Started by colbs, January 18, 2017, 09:46:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominicanhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 20, 2017, 11:55:02 am
there are several i fully expect to transfer out due to lack of playing time and being lost in the depth chart

I'm wondering if we lose another QB this year.. we seem to have some talent in reserve...

Scott7703

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 09:18:33 am
CB Chevin Calloway, 5-11, 185, 4.46 Dallas Bishop Dunne - primary target
DL Malik Young, 6-3, 283 Eastern Arizona College - primary target
DE Michael Epley, 6-3, 255, Tyler, Texas, CC - could be offered if slot opens
TE-LB Tommy Kujawa, 6-3, 220, 4.62, Greenville, Wisc. - likely preferred walk-on
DB Brad Stewart, 6-0, 190, New Orleans, La., McDonough - longshot
DE Gabe Richardson, 6-4, 225, Hutchinson, Kan., CC - could be offered if slot opens

If Arkansas firms up Calloway and Young, this class is done.

Stewart has a spot if he wants it. As does the juco dlineman out west who visited in December whose name slips my mind.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 20, 2017, 12:13:03 pm
I'm wondering if we lose another QB this year.. we seem to have some talent in reserve...

My guess is they all hang around until the job comes open again.  Then once we find out who replaces Allen someone will move on.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 20, 2017, 12:45:17 pm
My guess is they all hang around until the job comes open again.  Then once we find out who replaces Allen someone will move on.

good point, though that knowledge may come after spring ball...

PorkRinds

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 20, 2017, 12:45:17 pm

If Storey doesn't come out of spring as second on the depth chart he's gone.  He only has so much time and he will want to play somewhere.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 01:31:27 pm
If Storey doesn't come out of spring as second on the depth chart he's gone.  He only has so much time and he will want to play somewhere.

I think so as well

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 01:31:27 pm

People around Charleston think Enos isn't giving Storey a fair shake.

TexasRazorback

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 20, 2017, 01:42:51 pm

How? He was the back up last year behind AA? Did the folks in Charleston think Storey should be starting?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: TexasRazorback on January 20, 2017, 01:50:50 pm
How? He was the back up last year behind AA? Did the folks in Charleston think Storey should be starting?

I think he was the backup because they didn't want to pull the RS off Kelley.

They don't like how Enos and CBB talk about Kelley.

factchecker

Quote from: TexasRazorback on January 20, 2017, 01:50:50 pm

Small town Arkansas mentality.  Our boy is the best on the team.....if not then blame the coaches.

I can't tell you who is the best backup because I'm not at every practice.

I can tell you that from the small amount of time I've seen in warm-ups that Kelley has a big arm.  His delivery and form is better than the other backups as well.  If I had to choose then I would put Kelley at 2 on the depth chart.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The Hawg Marshal

Does anyone know if we are Malik Youngs last visit?

rljjr

Quote from: factchecker on January 20, 2017, 02:02:50 pm
Small town Arkansas mentality.  Our boy is the best on the team.....if not then blame the coaches.

I can't tell you who is the best backup because I'm not at every practice.

I can tell you that from the small amount of time I've seen in warm-ups that Kelley has a big arm.  His delivery and form is better than the other backups as well.  If I had to choose then I would put Kelley at 2 on the depth chart.

This is the absolute truth. Kelley looks fantastic in warmups. That's all I have to go on and it makes me think he can give AA a real run for his money this spring.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: rljjr on January 20, 2017, 02:11:03 pm
This is the absolute truth. Kelley looks fantastic in warmups. That's all I have to go on and it makes me think he can give AA a real run for his money this spring.

What will be interesting will be if Cole is as good as they say, when AA struggles, would they put him in.. their history say's no, but I never heard them talk about AA when he was on the sidelines, like they have Cole...

PorkRinds

Of course they do.

Arthur pigby sellers.

I'm not sure if I've ever been as excited about a young tandem of QBs as I am about Hyatt and Kelly. Big tall players who can also run. Just to watch Kelly on the sidelines as he towers over all the players and looks more like a TE than a QB.  It's really impressive.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 20, 2017, 03:05:31 pm
I'm not sure if I've ever been as excited about a young tandem of QBs as I am about Hyatt and Kelly. Big tall players who can also run. Just to watch Kelly on the sidelines as he towers over all the players and looks more like a TE than a QB.  It's really impressive.

We always gush over the backup QB, but it will being interesting and exciting to see Cole in the Spring practices and especially the Spring game.... should give us a feel for what we really have....

factchecker

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 20, 2017, 03:05:31 pm

Cole in high school:

Interesting to note that Cole was signaling in calls most of the season:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dominicanhog

Love coach Mitchell he's always into every play.. what's coach MS doing, texting?

factchecker

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 20, 2017, 03:18:11 pm
Love coach Mitchell he's always into every play.. what's coach MS doing, texting?

Probably writing down notes or checking the call sheet.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TNhawgfan

I know it's not cool to rag on another man's belly, but holy cow our OL coach has a big one
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

PorkRinds

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 20, 2017, 03:37:45 pm
I know it's not cool to rag on another man's belly, but holy cow our OL coach has a big one

I don't know many former linemen that are light in the pants.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 03:39:40 pm

Razorback hater Matt Stinchcomb

HawgTide

That's pretty normal for the hometown fans. IMO Storey looked like a deer in headlights last year. He struggled to line up the team and take a snap. That doesn't mean he can't take a giant leap forward but he will have to or Cole Kelley will be the backup next year.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 02:21:47 pm
Of course they do.

You'll like this. We had a guy in the store the other day that works the chains for Charleston and has for the last 10 years. He said that the Storeys' said Enos was the biggest prick they have ever met (more so that BP). And that Kelley was the most inaccurate passer he has ever seen. I asked him how many practices he has been to, which he didn't have an answer for. I simply replied by laughing my butt off.

Oklahawg

Kelley will push Allen, probably not enough to take his job but enough to lock down #2.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Thx to Biggus for the scoop on Munson. I trust your sources!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

I am waiting impatiently for word on Young's  visit.

Piggfoot

Quote from: HawgTide on January 20, 2017, 03:49:35 pm

That's pretty normal for the hometown fans. IMO Storey looked like a deer in headlights last year. He struggled to line up the team and take a snap. That doesn't mean he can't take a giant leap forward but he will have to or Cole Kelley will be the backup next year.
From what I've seen of Storey I don't think he is the QB we're looking for.
I think he peaked early.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

WooPig90

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on January 20, 2017, 02:10:59 pm
Does anyone know if we are Malik Youngs last visit?

Nope, he flew out of Fayetteville this morning to visit Arizona state

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 20, 2017, 06:22:12 pm
Nope, he flew out of Fayetteville this morning to visit Arizona state
Ok thanks

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 20, 2017, 03:18:11 pm

That's how he get all them recruits..... hopefully he not texting some girl like CBP

Uncle SI

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 20, 2017, 07:49:26 pm
That's how he get all them recruits..... hopefully he not texting some girl like CBP
Donna Bradford?
First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Uncle SI on January 20, 2017, 08:09:41 pm
Donna Bradford?

CBP's girl he was texting right before the Vandy game was alittle better looking than Ole Houston's texting

secneahog

I want Malik young bigtime. He's perfect for the system we're gonna run.

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 03:39:40 pm
Lou Holtz says hey.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

secneahog

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on January 20, 2017, 08:46:12 pm
Lou Holtz says hey.

What are you even saying?

He played as a undersized linebacker....🤔👀
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

factchecker

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/822650223705079812

https://twitter.com/ty_clary/status/822640241408409604

Ty Clary

6'4" 275 lbs. Offensive Lineman from Fayetteville

HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2777933/57df4512bd752008cc59ed7b

Trent Shadid is saying that Ty is most likely a preferred walk-on commit but maybe Danny has more information.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ListenHereMister

Hawg Life

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 18, 2017, 09:53:06 pm
Curtis
Mclellion
Barkley
Jackson
Brown
Calloway
Stewart
Curl
Young
Epley
Hayden
Munson
Kujawa

This doesn't show the 2 double secret visitors we have every year.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: ListenHereMister on January 20, 2017, 10:46:41 pm
Is Ty a walk on or scholie?
Apparently a blue-shirt? Will receive a scholarship and count against next years class.