Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High School Grades

Started by Piggfoot, January 04, 2017, 09:28:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

It has been alluded that the reason we have not been aggressive in recruiting and offering  some Arkansas kids is because of their grades. Claiming to offer and then recend would be bad for the program. Apparently though we have made offers to kids with marginal ACT scores or even too low Scores. Of course my information comes from HV so you may question to reliability.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

January 04, 2017, 10:03:20 am #1 Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 01:27:18 pm by ricepig
Quote from: Piggfoot on January 04, 2017, 09:28:42 am
It has been alluded that the reason we have not been aggressive in recruiting and offering  some Arkansas kids is because of their grades. Claiming to offer and then recend would be bad for the program. Apparently though we have made offers to kids with marginal ACT scores or even too low Scores. Of course my information comes from HV so you may question to reliability.

No way of knowing any of that, just speculation would be my guess.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 04, 2017, 09:28:42 am

Each case is different. If a kid has shown a strong work ethic in trying to get right in the classroom and is making progress, the Hogs will sometimes extend an offer.

Often kids start off very slow in high school and when they see a chance to get a scholarship to play their sport they'll kick into gear, but some don't.

Tweeter