Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jordan Wright commits

Started by bigcountry27, December 21, 2016, 12:24:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcountry27

ricepig

Pig in the Pokey

He is a little too light to be considered anything more than a project at DE imo. We'll see, though.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

JackJohnson

was hoping OLD Hargreaves would be able to actually pull one out for us.  fortunately for us we have been loading up on DE's these past 4 classes under CBB and are flush with them so we should be fine

GoHogzzGo

Did he have a comitable Bama offer? I know UK was trending up but this is an odd one. 247 shows offers from USC, Michigan, FSU, among others. Must be one of those cases of the player and/or family absolutely loving the coach right away.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

holeinthewall

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on December 21, 2016, 12:48:16 pm
Did he have a comitable Bama offer? I know UK was trending up but this is an odd one. 247 shows offers from USC, Michigan, FSU, among others. Must be one of those cases of the player and/or family absolutely loving the coach right away.

I don't think he had committable offers from a lot of those places.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 21, 2016, 12:38:11 pm
He is a little too light to be considered anything more than a project at DE imo. We'll see, though.

I don't mind light at DE if you plan on redshirting them anyways. Put good weight on them.

ricepig

We offered, and wanted him, so I see it as a miss. We have about 130 out of 154 or so go this way.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Not a deal-breaker for the DL. Good luck to him at UK.

Oklahawg

We should not portray this recruit beyond what he was: Wright was an under-the-radar guy we saw as a player with huge upside. The worry all along was Miami swooping in, but it was KY. That is odd, and I won't disparage the recruit or KY (or UA) but am curious to see what the backside of this becomes.

He was not a project, necessarily, as we need a DE who could contribute soon, but was not someone destined to play from down #1 next year.

A couple of names in the loop still, including Chris Turner (LA recruit committed to Mizzou...did I get the name right?) who visited the same weekend as Wright. Odd, really: coming out of that weekend it sounded like Edwards and Wright would commit, and Johnson was not provided a spot yet despite sounding like he wanted to commit. Now, all of that seems to be off.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JackJohnson on December 21, 2016, 12:46:13 pm
was hoping OLD Hargreaves would be able to actually pull one out for us.  fortunately for us we have been loading up on DE's these past 4 classes under CBB and are flush with them so we should be fine

Who are the DE's?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jackflash

guess he got no offers from any Florida schools?  I thought Kiffin would offer?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on December 21, 2016, 02:42:10 pm
He's being sarcastic.

Man, I guessed I missed it.  It just didn't come across that way to me.  Still doesn't.  But I'll take your word for it.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

LJHOG

We lost a recruit to Kentucky.  Let that sink in.

King Kong

Quote from: LJHOG on December 22, 2016, 06:38:17 am

Bama lost 5 star Matt Elam to Kentucky.

If we lost a kid from La, TX or Arkansas that would be different.  UK gets a lot of kids from FL

I also believe Cal told him he could play Bball also as Wright has been recruited in both sports for D1

ricepig

Look at the other schools on the list that missed, let that sink in, if possible.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jordan-Wright-88762/RecruitInterests

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: King Kong on December 22, 2016, 06:58:02 am
Bama lost 5 star Matt Elam to Kentucky.

If we lost a kid from La, TX or Arkansas that would be different.  UK gets a lot of kids from FL

I also believe Cal told him he could play Bball also as Wright has been recruited in both sports for D1

Elam is from KY. It's not the same thing. And, while 24/7 had him as a 5*, Rivals had him as a 3*. Looks like Rivals got that one right.

King Kong

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 22, 2016, 07:20:44 am
Elam is from KY. It's not the same thing. And, while 24/7 had him as a 5*, Rivals had him as a 3*. Looks like Rivals got that one right.

If that's the cases than a dual sport athlete going to play at UK is also not the same thing.

But that wouldn't fit you agenda

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: King Kong on December 22, 2016, 08:30:41 am
If that's the cases than a dual sport athlete going to play at UK is also not the same thing.

Virtually nothing that ISN'T negative ever fits boot's agenda. I swear the guy would complain and moan if he won a $100million lottery. He'd likely complain that it wasn't at least $101million.  >:( :( :-X :'(

longpig

Alabama lost recruits to Arkansas.  Let that sink in.
Don't be scared, be smart.

island hog

I wonder if 'ol Boot or 1964 were happy Ragnow and Cornelius came back?  Might make the team better ...

RedyorNot

Not surprised, Kentucky has been one of his favorites since June and he wasn't considering us till late Oct. Good luck to the kid.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: island hog on December 22, 2016, 09:43:26 am
I wonder if 'ol Boot or 1964 were happy Ragnow and Cornelius came back?  Might make the team better ...
Nah, likely not. Those two young men are positive elements to next year's story. Runs totally counter to anything that's negative and "gloom and doom" which is their normal way of thinking.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: King Kong on December 22, 2016, 08:30:41 am

Hey, you're the one who tried to make a point, however poorly thought out it may have been.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 22, 2016, 09:22:46 am
Virtually nothing that ISN'T negative ever fits boot's agenda. I swear the guy would complain and moan if he won a $100million lottery. He'd likely complain that it wasn't at least $101million.  >:( :( :-X :'(

What agenda are you speaking of exactly? I haven't said anything negative about losing Wright. Feel free to digging around for something. You won't find it. I was simply pointing out a very poor example that was being used to soften the blow for those who are disappointed. Sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: island hog on December 22, 2016, 09:43:26 am

Since you asked, i'm Very happy about these 2 coming back, although I find it laughable that Cornelius was even considering it. Ragnow making the prudent decision to come back is big time though.

tophawg19

look at his size and remember we are looking at going to a 3-4 defense
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

we lost a 6-5 225 lb defensive end .where does he fit in a 3-4 .let that sink in . he may not want to be a LB
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

King Kong

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 22, 2016, 12:40:28 pm
Hey, you're the one who tried to make a point, however poorly thought out it may have been.

Not well thought out? Did Matt Elam have have Bama offer or not? Was or was not Bama recruiting him hard to come there?

Being instate hasn't previously Nick Saben from getting 5 stars out of GA, TX, or LA all with better instate Football Universities historically better than Kentucky

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: King Kong on December 22, 2016, 02:24:58 pm
Not well thought out? Did Matt Elam have have Bama offer or not? Was or was not Bama recruiting him hard to come there?

Being instate hasn't previously Nick Saben from getting 5 stars out of GA, TX, or LA all with better instate Football Universities historically better than Kentucky

Haha. Ok

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 22, 2016, 12:53:46 pm
look at his size and remember we are looking at going to a 3-4 defense

Good point

Vantage 8 dude

December 22, 2016, 05:31:54 pm #32 Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:56:08 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 22, 2016, 12:44:30 pm
What agenda are you speaking of exactly? I haven't said anything negative about losing Wright. Feel free to digging around for something. You won't find it. I was simply pointing out a very poor example that was being used to soften the blow for those who are disappointed. Sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda.
I'll let the various readers on here go back and peruse the entire body of remarks/comments, etc. that you've made over the months and let them judge for themselves. I would venture to say that well over half your comments make some type of critical, sarcastic, or otherwise negative tone when it comes to CBB, staff, team or whatever else you're not happy with. I have no agenda other than to point your apparent one. BTW if I recall correctly weren't you just recently "slapped on the wrist" and warned by one of the moderators for your persistent negative posts ???

Be that as it may, and despite our obvious differences, I want to wish you and your family a wonderful and happy Christmas and holiday season. GHG.

Pig in the Pokey

bruh. We are not just heads and shoulders above Kentucky. Same record this year, same midling SEC team as far as the nation is concerned. Yeah, they are lesser than. But they aren't a doormat.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 22, 2016, 12:56:52 pm
we lost a 6-5 225 lb defensive end .where does he fit in a 3-4 .let that sink in . he may not want to be a LB
I guess he's gained a few pounds. that's a lil better, but not for the 3-4, as you said. definitely a 3-4 lb measurables.
@Slackaveli

JackJohnson

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 22, 2016, 05:35:52 pm
bruh. We are not just heads and shoulders above Kentucky. Same record this year, same midling SEC team as far as the nation is concerned. Yeah, they are lesser than. But they aren't a doormat.

Was Stoops hired the same year as CBB, and is this his first ever head coaching job?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 22, 2016, 05:31:54 pm
I'll let the various readers on here go back and peruse the entire body of remarks/comments, etc. that you've made over the months and let them judge for themselves. I would venture to say that well over half your comments make some type of critical, sarcastic, or otherwise negative tone when it comes to CBB, staff, team or whatever else you're not happy with. I have no agenda other than to point your apparent one. BTW if I recall correctly weren't you just recently "slapped on the wrist" and warned by one of the moderators for your persistent negative posts ???

Be that as it may, and despite our obvious differences, I want to wish you and your family a wonderful and happy Christmas and holiday season. GHG.

Same

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JackJohnson on December 23, 2016, 10:19:37 am
Was Stoops hired the same year as CBB, and is this his first ever head coaching job?
yes. do you think BB would have a better, worse, or the same record if he were in the SEC east?
@Slackaveli