Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chevin Calloway(4* DB)

Started by CamArk08, November 27, 2016, 08:30:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 05, 2016, 08:25:22 pm
RD.

Whats your guess on how many slots you think we will have left to fill after bowl game.
The staff is still planning on signing 24 so probably 4 after Edwards commits(just IMO).
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 05, 2016, 08:09:04 pm
Like Arkansas' chances here.
me too and we nnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddd him
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HamSammich

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 27, 2016, 11:20:22 pm
I am hoping like all get out that there is a coaching and/or philosophy change that puts big-ass 325 pound neanderthals at DT and we keep the weight off of Agim so he can be really productive at DE.

Agree on Calloway and Brown. Not that you want 4 true frosh starting in your secondary (yikes) but having players who can step in and grab 20-30% of the reps by mid-year is a decent goal, right? We do graduate two CBs so there will be playing time.

Huh??? Johnson and jackson look like they both have eaten a midget bowling team.... Did you mean that you would like to see them add 20lbs so they could hit 425?

ricepig

Quote from: HamSammich on December 07, 2016, 07:58:59 am
Huh??? Johnson and jackson look like they both have eaten a midget bowling team.... Did you mean that you would like to see them add 20lbs so they could hit 425?

Jackson played the tilt nose position, not the same as a straight up DT.

Oklahawg

Quote from: HamSammich on December 07, 2016, 07:58:59 am

Bulking players up 40+ pounds to hit the brutish weights listed for the elite DTs in the SEC means you are compromising a lot to get there. Stamina, quickness, raw speed all come to mind. Finding players who are already that big so that you can drop some weight and put it back on as muscle = optimum.

Taiwan Johnson came in at 270. Agim about the same. Johnson got way over 300 at one point, didn't he? Hodge ballooned past 350 two years ago before dropping back to 320-ish last year. Find a 320 now and go with it. That, sorta, is Edwards - he is 350, drop 50 and put 30 of it back on as muscle. Perfect.

Let Agim drop back to 280 and be a monster at DE.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

sgfhog

The most impressive thing to me about Calloway is his tackling ability. He wraps up and drives into the ball carrier. Good tackling DBs is certainly a high priority, and with his form (and other CB skills) I could see him getting the start right away next year.

longpig

December 09, 2016, 11:56:52 am #56 Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:09:59 pm by longpig
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 28, 2016, 12:12:22 pm
I believe he is the one that whiffed on the tackle in the fake punt

Wasn't that Lucas?

You're correct, it was #38 Miller. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hollywood870

Mike Roach, a Texas insider, just put a Crystal Ball Calloway to Arkansas.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 07, 2016, 08:23:47 am
Bulking players up 40+ pounds to hit the brutish weights listed for the elite DTs in the SEC means you are compromising a lot to get there. Stamina, quickness, raw speed all come to mind. Finding players who are already that big so that you can drop some weight and put it back on as muscle = optimum.

Taiwan Johnson came in at 270. Agim about the same. Johnson got way over 300 at one point, didn't he? Hodge ballooned past 350 two years ago before dropping back to 320-ish last year. Find a 320 now and go with it. That, sorta, is Edwards - he is 350, drop 50 and put 30 of it back on as muscle. Perfect.

Let Agim drop back to 280 and be a monster at DE.
Amen brother.  kind of reminds me of the weight they added to Cedric Cobbs years ago.  He bigger and stronger, but slowed down a bit

parallaxpig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 13, 2016, 12:37:40 am
Mike Roach, a Texas insider, just put a Crystal Ball Calloway to Arkansas.

just picked up another crystal for Brandon Martin
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

HoggusMaximus

looks like we got another pick for chevin.

hawginbigd1

Music City Hog

Going to be really hard to beat the Horns here

colbs

December 15, 2016, 03:37:42 pm #63 Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:55:04 pm by colbs
Quote from: Music City Hog on December 15, 2016, 03:32:55 pm
Does Texas feel pretty good about their chances?

imtad16

It doesn't seem like the 247 UT recruiting experts for see it the same way. Even as late as 12/12.

ricepig

Quote from: imtad16 on December 15, 2016, 03:49:24 pm
It doesn't seem like the 247 UT recruiting experts for see it the same way. Even as late as 12/12.

When is he visiting Texass, it would appear after us, which I don't like.

King Kong

Most positive statement ever issued from Music City Hog

imtad16

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 03:57:11 pm

247 doesn't list a UT visit date, but I'm sure they will get one. Hopefully, Rawleigh wins out here.

Music City Hog

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 03:57:11 pm

He said it will either be the 13th (week before our) or 27th (week after ours).  It hasn't been scheduled just yet.  Hoping for 13th, obviously.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Scott7703

Texas has a lot of ground to make up.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Music City Hog

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HoggusMaximus

listen to music city hog or RD who probably has more insight  hmmm

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 16, 2016, 07:07:47 am

Neither knows.

Music City Hog

I'm not saying he isn't coming here.  We are clearly one of his leaders and have a very good chance.  I'm just saying that counting out Texas is naive.  They've been putting on the full court press since Herman was hired.  I'm hopeful we get him, but it won't be without a fight from the Horns.

secneahog

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 16, 2016, 08:11:56 am
I'm not saying he isn't coming here.  We are clearly one of his leaders and have a very good chance.  I'm just saying that counting out Texas is naive.  They've been putting on the full court press since Herman was hired.  I'm hopeful we get him, but it won't be without a fight from the Horns.

You always say the obvious.  One of the top instate, cbs in the nation. Of course they gonna try and get him.

Too little to late IMO
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Music City Hog

Quote from: secneahog on December 16, 2016, 08:14:59 am
You always say the obvious.  One of the top instate, cbs in the nation. Of course they gonna try and get him.

Too little to late IMO

I hope so

Bubba's Bruisers

The_Boot_stops_here

RD is wrong as often as he is right.  Not that I'm saying he should be able to be more accurate.  He's just going on what he's told

JackJohnson

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 16, 2016, 09:23:35 am
RD is wrong as often as he is right.  Not that I'm saying he should be able to be more accurate.  He's just going on what he's told

his ability to read between the lines/sift through the bs isn't what it used to be...

ricepig

You've done a study on his "predictions"? What's the percentage 54%-46%, 60%-40%??? I mean, you put it out there, let's see some numbers on his right-wrong....

JIHawg

We are after more high 4 stars and 5 stars than back in the day.  It's much more competitive and harder to predict what they will do. 

a0ashle

Quote from: JIHawg on December 16, 2016, 10:13:02 am
We are after more high 4 stars and 5 stars than back in the day.  It's much more competitive and harder to predict what they will do.

Saturday's highlights are filled with guys we were so close on, I don't remember it being like that before, not to the extent it is now.

PorkRinds

RD doesn't usually actually make predictions. He will say "it looks like the hogs are in good shape" but unless it's a sure deal it seems like he avoids taking a hard stance on where kids will choose to go. Which is smart.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 16, 2016, 10:58:58 am
RD doesn't usually actually make predictions. He will say "it looks like the hogs are in good shape" but unless it's a sure deal it seems like he avoids taking a hard stance on where kids will choose to go. Which is smart.

This is true.  It seems that, in the past, when he said he felt good, we had reason to feel good.  That's just not the case anymore.  It's a crapshoot.  But again, I'm not sure that's necessarily his fault.  The guys say what they say.  I'm sure it's difficult, at times, to read it.

311Hog

RD or the Recruiting Guy has evolved over time.  Some of us were around when he started posting on HV and he probably posted on the boards before HV, but basically i do not think any part of his job is to "predict" where kids will go he just reports the recruiting news and gives his take and answers questions etc.

Unlike other Recruitnik people i dont think he does any sort of crystal ball for his column/job/etc.

I even "miss" the old Recruiting guy part of this board from back in the day but damn i don't miss and my blood pressure doesn't miss being a darksider in that war.

mhuff

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 16, 2016, 10:58:58 am

HoggusMaximus

Anyone have any idea when he is suppose to announce?

JIHawg

He and Curls are my number 1 remaining prospects.  We really need secondary people.

RedyorNot

Quote from: JIHawg on December 20, 2016, 09:39:17 am
He and Curls are my number 1 remaining prospects.  We really need secondary people.
I believe Calloway and Curls are coming the same weekend in Jan. I really like Jaiden Cole from Monroe but haven't seen any film of him playing D.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: RedyorNot on December 20, 2016, 10:06:48 am
I believe Calloway and Curls are coming the same weekend in Jan. I really like Jaiden Cole from Monroe but haven't seen any film of him playing D.
Agree. We can score on anybody. D needs talent infusion, especially back 7.

Richard Davenport

December 20, 2016, 01:22:30 pm #93 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:45:40 pm by Richard Davenport
FWIW, usually when I say I like Arkansas' chances that's my prediction for them to pick the Hogs. I'm far from 100% I know that. I was wrong on Javier Edwards. I'm sure I was wrong on others too.

Just looking at the commitments the best I can recall I picked Chase Hayden, Dalton Wagner, Kirby Adcock, Maleek Barkley, Jarrod Barnes, Kyrei Fisher, Troy James, Koilan Jackson, De'Vion Warren.

I said  Jeremy Patton would stick with the Hogs after the USC visit.

I said if Arkansas got Montaric Brown on campus again before his decision he would be a Hog.

I can't remmeber if I said anything on Maleek Williams or Daulton Hyatt.

a0ashle

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 20, 2016, 01:22:30 pm
FWIW, usually when I say I like Arkansas' chances that's my prediction for them to pick the Hogs. I'm far from 100% I know that. I was wrong on Javier Edwards. I'm sure I was wrong on others too.

Just looking at the commitments the best I can recall I picked Chase Hayden, Dalton Wagner, Kirby Adcock, Maleek Barkley, Jarrod Barnes, Kyrei Fisher, Troy James, Koilan Jackson, De'Vion Warren.

I said there was Jeremy Patton would stick with the Hogs after the USC visit.

I said if Arkansas got Montaric Brown on campus again before his decision he would be a Hog.

People don't recognize confirmation bias in its many forms. In this case they remember the misses because they felt impacted more and they forget the hits.

TNhawgfan

Thanks RD. Some of us still appreciate your info
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

PorkRinds

Most folks that have been following you a while know how to read the tea leaves of what you're saying.  I've never seen you flat out say "hog lock" because there's really no such thing.  Anything can happen and you of all people know that. I appreciate your work and how you approach it. It's trustworthy and ethical, which can't be said about a lot of media today. So thanks, and merry Christmas Richard.

Vantage 8 dude

Richard, despite the complaining and criticism of some folks I think you do a very good and in-depth job of giving us great insight into the Hog's recruiting efforts. No one should realistically expect you, or anyone else for that matter, to be 100% right all the time. Besides, I really never get the impression that you're "guaranteeing" anything. So with that I hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas and a blessed and healthy 2017. WPS :razorback: :razorback:

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!