Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chevin Calloway(4* DB)

Started by CamArk08, November 27, 2016, 08:30:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

scooby21322

He feels like another signing day disappointment...

The_Boot_stops_here

See him at Texas. Want him at Arkansas bad

PorkRinds

We will see what are chances are if we start looking at some DB offers at the last minute.  It's good we get the last visit.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 27, 2016, 05:32:42 pm
We will see what are chances are if we start looking at some DB offers at the last minute.  It's good we get the last visit.

Unless he goes to Texass on the 27th.......

tophawg19

I would guess the coaches will know before NSD . kid seems straight so i think he will play it right by everyone
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

King Kong

Oklahawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 27, 2016, 05:45:50 pm
I would guess the coaches will know before NSD . kid seems straight so i think he will play it right by everyone

Agreed. If you watch the all-star game interview there is no indication that he is leaning one way or the other. The reporter is doing everything he can to put the kid in a bad spot. Still think RW3, et al, are a pretty good pull to UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

parallaxpig

Pundits on 247 sure think he is headed our way.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

factchecker

QuoteWell, Coach Freeze told me when you're that big and out there with faith in Christ, he's like, 'What do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross.' So, he was just telling me sometimes things like that happen, but that's never going to change how he's going to treat his players and take care of them. Even if — I don't know if he really did make the mistake, doing what he did or not — but I can just tell he's a good person, great person. I know they're looking at maybe a bowl suspension [for 2017]. I don't know what they're gonna do. But I don't think that'll affect anything as far as how he treats his players and stuff like that."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/28/14102722/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-recruiting-ncaa-investigation-jesus

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TNhawgfan

Wonder why the NCAA never went hard after richt? I mean they don't like outspoken Christians
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

King Kong

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 28, 2016, 06:42:58 pm
Wonder why the NCAA never went hard after richt? I mean they don't like outspoken Christians

They did go after him for paying his asst coaches out of his pocket when UGA wouldn't increase their pay.

Richt is amazing the guy is a saint

duckman

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 27, 2016, 05:32:42 pm

I like our chances....

onebadrubi

King Kong

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 28, 2016, 04:47:42 pm
And that is why I will never have a shred of respect for Freeze.

How does he sleep at night saying things like this?

PorkRinds

Quote from: King Kong on December 28, 2016, 10:54:38 pm
How does he sleep at night saying things like this?

He and Gus both play the Jesus card at every opportunity all while allowing cheating right under their noses. It's disgusting.

The_Iceman

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 28, 2016, 10:56:16 pm
He and Gus both play the Jesus card at every opportunity all while allowing cheating right under their noses. It's disgusting.

Biggest f'in hypocrite slim balls in the business. Can't stand it.

duckman

colbs

imtad16

Pig in the Pokey

this is a great kid right here, no matter where he ends up. That said, it won't be ole miss. It is going to be arkansas or texas and to me it's clear that we are the leader. All you 'woe is me' guys... i bet ya'll don't get laid much.

from the article- "He is originally from Arkansas, and his mom and several other family members are Razorbacks fans.

"You know moms, they're always going to want you to go to wherever you feel comfortable at," Calloway said. "But she's always been a Razorback fan since she was little. She's from Arkansas, I'm from Arkansas. She loves her Razorbacks. My whole family loves the Razorbacks."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on December 29, 2016, 10:33:41 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/arkansas/4-star-cb-chevin-calloway-sees-pros-cons-signing-arkansas/amp?client=safari

Well hope we keep Rhodes.  I wonder if a lot is from other school's negative recruiting?

Well, Texas has had a few DB coaches, lol, they took ours last year and now he's unemployed.

onebadrubi

Quote from: colbs on December 29, 2016, 10:33:41 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/arkansas/4-star-cb-chevin-calloway-sees-pros-cons-signing-arkansas/amp?client=safari

Well hope we keep Rhodes.  I wonder if a lot is from other school's negative recruiting?

While this is not bashing the kid, how can you coaching turnover and new coaches is an issue with 2 of your top 3 schools are replacing DC, position coach, and HC at 1 of the 3?  That comment sounds like it was made because he felt he needed to provide some sort of negative but when really thought through it doesn't make any sense. 

Ole Miss DC just retired.  New guy hasn't been named that I know of and right now I wouldn't bet that Freeze is a lock to be there through Calloways 4 year. 

Texas just fired a coach before he could graduate a senior class.  Texas also hasn't kept a DB coach or a DC for more than 2 years the last few years.  Herman will be bringing in a new staff that very likely won't be there his first 3 years of playing. 

This just goes to show you commit to a school, not a coach.

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 11:22:44 am
Well, Texas has had a few DB coaches, lol, they took ours last year and now he's unemployed.

I thought Jennings just landed another job.

Houston co/DC.

ricepig

Quote from: SpaCityHawg on December 29, 2016, 11:43:47 am
I thought Jennings just landed another job.

Same principle, he didn't last long.

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 11:47:18 am
Same principle, he didn't last long.

True, but that was because of a Head coaching change.

ricepig

Quote from: SpaCityHawg on December 29, 2016, 11:56:23 am
True, but that was because of a Head coaching change.

I'm guessing you're not grasping that he replaced someone else from the previous year, thus they change coaches, too. The new coach could have retained him, he didn't. Assistant coaches don't stay very long anywhere, these days.

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2016, 12:29:13 pm
I'm guessing you're not grasping that he replaced someone else from the previous year, thus they change coaches, too. The new coach could have retained him, he didn't. Assistant coaches don't stay very long anywhere, these days.

I get distracted easily, I was responding to your "he's unemployed now" comment. I should have been focusing on your point about negative recruiting and coaches leaving comment. My bad, gotta go I see something shiny in the corner of the room :)

ricepig

Quote from: SpaCityHawg on December 29, 2016, 12:46:52 pm
I get distracted easily, I was responding to your "he's unemployed now" comment. I should have been focusing on your point about negative recruiting and coaches leaving comment. My bad, gotta go I see something shiny in the corner of the room :)

Squirrel!!!

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

LJHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 28, 2016, 10:56:16 pm
We need to stop whining and start enhancing our offers or move to the Sun Belt.

jackflash

I hope the thing he looks at is playing time its there. The thing I wonder is why more recruits don't see that

Love those Hogs

Cause the top tier players want to win and we haven't shown that we can do that.
Hogs 4 Life!

TNhawgfan

Going to need the Longhorn network to watch him play next year

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 02, 2017, 08:40:09 am

I must have missed where he canceled his official to Arkansas

Steef

Some of you people amaze me.

If you don't have anything worthwhile to post....then just don't.

Especially in a thread with a RECRUIT'S NAME IN THE TITLE!!

What the heck is WRONG with you? Sometimes I wonder if some of you are actually fans of other teams, pretending to be Hog fans and coming in here to piss off our recruits, best you can.

Scott7703

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 02, 2017, 08:40:09 am

Always good to get the knowledge of someone who has no clue. Since most experts expect him to be a razorback I'll go with them since they actually talk to the kid.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 02, 2017, 09:47:41 am

Always good to get the knowledge of someone who has no clue. Since most experts expect him to be a razorback I'll go with them since they actually talk to the kid.

The "experts" are wrong. A lot. I tend to lean toward him not being a Hog as well. Hope the "experts" are correct though. I honestly do.

SemperFi

Calloway could easily be a star for this Razorback team. He and Montaric Brown can transform this Secondary into something very imposing. That's what I would be selling this young man if I was recruiting him. Come to the UA and be a star or go elsewhere and be just another player on their team. My thoughts are that Coach B is putting a ton of energy into his recruiting and that he'll end up a Razorback. No inside info, just thinking out loud.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Scott7703

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 02, 2017, 11:12:19 am
The "experts" are wrong. A lot. I tend to lean toward him not being a Hog as well. Hope the "experts" are correct though. I honestly do.

They are right way more than wrong.

sickboy

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 02, 2017, 11:12:19 am

You can see the experts % on 247. That can give you a good gauge. For instance, Gus Ramos, who has picked Chevin to Arkansas, is 14/17 on picks this year -- that's an 82.35%. Daniel Seahorn, who is a Texas Longhorn guy, picked Chevin to Arkansas and is 26/28 this year. That's a 92.8% pick rate.

In fact, most of these guys are standing in the 80-90% correct rate right now. So, for this year -- they've been really accurate thus far.

tophawg19

Quote from: Steef on January 02, 2017, 09:03:24 am
Some of you people amaze me.

If you don't have anything worthwhile to post....then just don't.

Especially in a thread with a RECRUIT'S NAME IN THE TITLE!!

What the heck is WRONG with you? Sometimes I wonder if some of you are actually fans of other teams, pretending to be Hog fans and coming in here to piss off our recruits, best you can.
This is on the Mods /Admins to remove anyone they see damaging the U OF A and recruiting . I agree some of these aren't hog fans and you would have to work hard to find a positive post from them.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: sickboy on January 02, 2017, 11:54:37 am
You can see the experts % on 247. That can give you a good gauge. For instance, Gus Ramos, who has picked Chevin to Arkansas, is 14/17 on picks this year -- that's an 82.35%. Daniel Seahorn, who is a Texas Longhorn guy, picked Chevin to Arkansas and is 26/28 this year. That's a 92.8% pick rate.

In fact, most of these guys are standing in the 80-90% correct rate right now. So, for this year -- they've been really accurate thus far.
I don't think you are allowed to post this. Some Snowflake will trigger if they get their hopes up and he doesn't become a Hog.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 02, 2017, 09:47:41 am

I agree i don't know where the young man will play. But i do know from years of being a fan who follows recruiting, when it's a recruit waiting until national signing day to announce, they never choose Arkansas. Even when the experts think they will (DGB), they don't. Doesn't take nostradamos to see where this is going

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 02, 2017, 02:25:43 pm
I agree i don't know where the young man will play. But i do know from years of being a fan who follows recruiting, when it's a recruit waiting until national signing day to announce, they never choose Arkansas. Even when the experts think they will (DGB), they don't. Doesn't take nostradamos to see where this is going

Denver Kirkland? Duwop Mitchell? JoJo Robinson? That just those are 4 stars just since CBB has been here.

CBP has Joe Adams for sure.

I know last year sucked as we missed out on everyone. But we do from time to time land some highly rated kids in Signing Day

lefty08

Using words like this is why people can't take you seriously
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Vantage 8 dude

Perhaps; then again, a new year and a new set of recruits. While I obviously have no way of knowing who these kids will ultimately choose, I will still hold out for at least one of these young men to select the Hogs. Otherwise, just give up and try to get any warm body out there. Geezzzzzz.......................

hogcard1964

Do we still look like the front runner for Calloway?

Any updates?