Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytona

Started by str8volfan, February 18, 2017, 07:23:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

str8volfan

when is the last time they raced at Daytona that rain didnt play a part?

Bowyer gonna be strong this year.

Buff

Whole season will be rigged to get Jimmie his 8th

Racinray

Hope your right about Bowyer.

Buff

The Clash is a stupid name.

Racinray

Qualifying wasn't surprising.

riccoar

I just hope the 500 goes like the Clash.  Ending wise. 

holeinthewall

No one in the stands.  10 years ago the stands were full for a truck race.  We lived sown there in 2006-7. I went to all the events of 2007 speed weeks.   Huge crowds every event.  I have to admit though I haven't been to a race anywhere since then.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 21, 2017, 07:39:58 am
No one in the stands. 

Getting worse and worse....June Bugs needs to finally dominate for a couple of years and that will start putting butts in the seats
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

McKdaddy

Yeah, I hate to see the empty stands.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

riccoar

Kinda hard to grade attendance on a make-up day.  Race was scheduled for a Saturday night.  How many people had planned on THAT day and then had to bolt that next morning.

holeinthewall

Quote from: riccoar on February 22, 2017, 07:03:06 am
Kinda hard to grade attendance on a make-up day.  Race was scheduled for a Saturday night.  How many people had planned on THAT day and then had to bolt that next morning.

I doubt many.  Most are local or are in town for the entire week.  When I lived down there it was a lot of locals at the races.   

Buff

I'm already loving the 5-minute repair rule in the Truck race.

hoghelmet14

These truck guys are crazy... but this is much funner to watch!
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

str8volfan

the 5 minute rule at a restrictor plate track is stupid. Also, this stage bull is gonna tear up alot of race cars this year. Brian France should be banned from motorsports.

str8volfan

THey arent gonna rest until they get someone killed on a racetrack. Brian France should be banned from motorsports.

hoghelmet14

wicked crash to end the truck race....
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

Buff

Wow that was nasty.  Grala was the lucky one to win.  Otherwise he was going to be 3rd at best. 

Buff

Quote from: str8volfan on February 24, 2017, 08:54:52 pm
Brian France should be banned from motorsports.

Thank you.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 24, 2017, 08:11:38 pm
These truck guys are crazy... but this is much funner to watch!

You picked a new driver yet ?  I think I'm gonna be a bit of a Clint fan along with Johnson and the Penske boys.

str8volfan

Ive struggled with hanging with a driver since Jarrett retired. I kinda lean towards Larson and the Busch brothers. I will definately be on the Bowyer wagon though. Hes gonna win the 500. Book it.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 25, 2017, 08:06:19 am
You picked a new driver yet ?  I think I'm gonna be a bit of a Clint fan along with Johnson and the Penske boys.

I've always liked the Chevy drivers for the most part, I've always been a GM person for any domestic vehicle. Johnson, Elliot, McMurray, Newman....

Buff

I've been saving y'all a seat on the Harvick bandwagon

TheRazorback500

I like Truex, Harvick, and Jr. I can't make myself cheer for a Busch. Trevor Bayne is a sleeper pick. Roush Fenway could be competitive since they've cut down to two teams. Erik Jones is a rookie to watch.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Buff

February 25, 2017, 03:51:15 pm #23 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:56:41 pm by Buff
Once again, the Xfinity drivers can't drive to save their lives.

Last May, the Coca-Cola 600 took 3 hours and 44 minutes.
This 267 Mile race at Daytona is currently 3 hours and 5 minutes in, with 13 laps still to go.

Buff

Lot of issues with Na$car's mandatory setup rules in this race. 

Buff

Quote from: str8volfan on February 24, 2017, 08:52:45 pm
the 5 minute rule at a restrictor plate track is stupid. Also, this stage bull is gonna tear up alot of race cars this year. Brian France should be banned from motorsports.

I liked the 5 minute rule at first, but it looks horrible now in the longer Xfinity race.    It's going to kill some Championship drives this year.

Buff

3 hours and 26 minutes (or close)

Ryan Reed did some amazing mirror driving to hold off Kahne, Austin Dillon, and Kaselowski. Looked like Kahne showed some mercy coming off Turn 2 on the last lap.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 25, 2017, 06:17:55 pm
3 hours and 26 minutes (or close)

Ryan Reed did some amazing mirror driving to hold off Kahne, Austin Dillon, and Kaselowski. Looked like Kahne showed some mercy coming off Turn 2 on the last lap.

Fun race to watch.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 25, 2017, 06:23:11 pm
Fun race to watch.
Didn't watch a lap. Went to a local dirt track race and the track didn't bother to put a drop of water on the track until an hour before the scheduled start time, then all they could say that it's going to be a little dusty because it's a day race. NO you start working the track in the morning of the race. Won't be making that trip again.

Buff

str8volfan

Quote from: Buff on February 25, 2017, 05:55:38 pm
I liked the 5 minute rule at first, but it looks horrible now in the longer Xfinity race.    It's going to kill some Championship drives this year.
yup. Gonna be more "oh no, I didnt mean to wreck that guy" instances going on.

Buff

Prerace show sucks about as bad as I expected.

str8volfan

Quote from: Buff on February 26, 2017, 12:25:20 pm
Prerace show sucks about as bad as I expected.
prime example of what has gone wrong with the sport.

str8volfan

If I wanted to see a friggin concert and a circus, I would buy a ticket to a concert and a circus.

Buff

Quote from: str8volfan on February 26, 2017, 12:41:23 pm
If I wanted to see a friggin concert and a circus, I would buy a ticket to a concert and a circus.

You'd see less glitter and hair gel at the circus than what you see on some of the drivers.

ricepig

1:31 Central time, don't even turn on to Fox until then, lol. I don't watch the 3 hours before the Super Bowl, no need to watch the pre-race coverage, either

str8volfan

Danica didnt even make it through driver intros without getting lapped. You guys better get ready to hear about nothing but Dale Jr for the next 3-4 hours. Maybe 5-6 hours if this race is anything like the 2 previous wreckfests this weekend.

str8volfan

anybody remember when they didnt have to keep making it a point to announce that the event was sold out?

Buff

I am a fan of Jordin Sparks

str8volfan

well, she didnt try to sing it like it was a pop song, so thats a plus.

Buff

All Toyotas pit together, early enough to finish the first segment on one tank of fuel.  Suarez missed his pit.

Buff

Harvick wanted 4 tires, Childers gave him 2.  Now that car is looking a little squirrelly. I hate Rodney Childers.

Buff

Stage 1:

Kyle Busch, Harvick, Ryan Blaney, Keselowski, Dale Jr.

Buff

Big wreck.  Kyle Busch, Dale Jr., Kenseth, Mears, Erik Jones all involved.

Kyle's car spun around on its own - right rear went down.  18 and 88 both had fast cars.

Not being able to replace body panels is really stupid.  As is 5 minutes of total repair time.  Dale Jr. can't even make a lap and come back down pit road for more repairs. 

"Obviously Goodyear tires just aren't very good at holding air." Kyle Busch with the quote of the weekend.

Buff

Harvick takes Segment 2 :)

Buff

Damn it all.

Johnson, Bowyer, Harvick, Hamlin, Kennington, Buescher, Danica,

McMurray tried to make it 4 wide where there wasn't room.

Fastest cars of the day are damaged.

tophawg19

Typical McMurray ,over driving way to early .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Buff

Another big one.  Too many to list.

Suarez is destroyed.  Keselowski has heavy rear end damage.  McMurray damaged to make up for avoiding the last wreck he caused.  Hamlin with more damage.

McMurray may be looking for a new job after this season - he caused that one too trying to go 3-wide on the restart.

Racinray

McMurray is not having a good 500.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 26, 2017, 04:31:57 pm
Another big one.  Too many to list.

Suarez is destroyed.  Keselowski has heavy rear end damage.  McMurray damaged to make up for avoiding the last wreck he caused.  Hamlin with more damage.

McMurray may be looking for a new job after this season - he caused that one too trying to go 3-wide on the restart.

That's like three wrecks he's helped cause.