Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JL in executive session now

Started by ballz2thewall, November 09, 2017, 09:49:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

Good gosh people quit catfighting & regurgitating the same damn thing each time someone disagrees with you. It's pointless.  Once you've said it on the thread, you've said it.

This is how crap ends up in the trash.

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 09, 2017, 01:22:03 pm
You’ve got the IQ of a rotting tree stump.

Look who's talking.

Typical. Resorting to personal attack when you can't win an argument.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Kevin

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:35:44 pm
Look who's talking.

that is what he does. and thinks he is funny in the process
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgsalot

So a big nothing burger, we had it all
a friend text me said long's gone
play by play tweets
stadium fraudulent suite sales (the dumbest thing I've heard in a while)
We had the kid's dancing in the street at the thought of long and bb getting fired today..
then we had the excuses why it didn't happen
now we have a new narrative to keep it going in not renewing contracts lol

You guys flat out look silly....dilly dilly

grayhawg

Quote from: hawgsalot on November 09, 2017, 01:44:44 pm
So a big nothing burger, we had it all
a friend text me said long's gone
play by play tweets
stadium fraudulent suite sales (the dumbest thing I've heard in a while)
We had the kid's dancing in the street at the thought of long and bb getting fired today..
then we had the excuses why it didn't happen
now we have a new narrative to keep it going in not renewing contracts lol

You guys flat out look silly....dilly dilly

Year's not over yet, 3 more games

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:35:44 pm
Look who's talking.

It's impossible to even have an argument when your proof of your statement is "read some posts on hogville". There is no argument. It's you just saying random stuff.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 12:43:10 pm
It has been well known for some time that a new contract for Jeff Long was in the works and the BOT was supposed to vote on it this week. Instead, they took no action.

What fantasy Guv source told you they were suppose to vote on it this week?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 09, 2017, 01:34:59 pm
Good gosh people quit catfighting & regurgitating the same damn thing each time someone disagrees with you. It's pointless.  Once you've said it on the thread, you've said it.

This is how crap ends up in the trash.

And unfortunately 90% of MMQB probably needs to be there right now.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 09, 2017, 01:47:42 pm
What fantasy Guv source told you they were suppose to vote on it this week?
Paul Finebaum said they were supposed to be doing it soon. He said this live on air with Tom Murphy
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:33:12 pm
Wrong. They were supposed to vote on Long's new contract today but that vote did not happen.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

It was speculated that it might happen, not reported. You do know the difference in those words right?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: rhames on November 09, 2017, 01:56:16 pm

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

It was speculated that it might happen, not reported. You do know the difference in those words right?

He don't know no better.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 09, 2017, 01:51:56 pm
Paul Finebaum said they were supposed to be doing it soon. He said this live on air with Tom Murphy

What makes you believe Finebaum knows all the inner workings of the BOT here? His source might be no better than Guvs.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hoglady

At this point no one really knows what was discussed and what was said in that closed door session.
Could have been run of mill nothing and it could have been breaking news.
We'll find out soon enough.
We were never going to hear anything today about the future of Long or Bielema.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rhames

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

ricepig

https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/928707840038105089

Finally got the chance to speak to multiple board members about executive session. Wouldn't go into detail about topics discussed. Jeff Long never came into room.

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 02:07:44 pm

https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/928709146656104449

Unclear why Jeff Long attended the UA board meeting. He doesn't always attend. Sources tell me UA Chancellor Joe Steinmetz wanted him there.

jgphillips3

If you expected something to happen today, then your expectations were unrealistic.  If anything, what did not happen is more interesting.  No vote on anything related to Long.  If I were the BOT and I was worried about the direction of the program, I would want Long to be present, make him aware his choices in leadership for the football program are being watched very closely and his "new contract" will come out after appropriate changes are made.  Honestly, nothing is what I would expect to see today.  2.5 weeks until we see the other shoe fall.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 02:07:44 pm
https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/928707840038105089

Finally got the chance to speak to multiple board members about executive session. Wouldn't go into detail about topics discussed. Jeff Long never came into room.

Dang, Hogville trolled Jeff Long into driving to Little Rock to sit outside the room when he was never even on the agenda. 

younghog

Quote from: rhames on November 09, 2017, 01:56:16 pm

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

CLASSIC
GO HOGS

hogblitz

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 02:08:33 pm

The statement said he was not even in the same room with the BOT during executive session.  Is this normal?  It may be but I simply do not know. 

younghog

Quote from: hogblitz on November 09, 2017, 02:20:28 pm
The statement said he was not even in the same room with the BOT during executive session.  Is this normal?  It may be but I simply do not know. 

was out on one part of business and in on another..

Not sure why others can't see this..
GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: hogblitz on November 09, 2017, 02:20:28 pm

Read the next post.

Eddie Goodson

"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

ricepig

younghog

Quote from: younghog on November 09, 2017, 02:21:05 pm
was out on one part of business and in on another..

Not sure why others can't see this..

reposting.. lol
GO HOGS

zerose

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 09, 2017, 11:31:20 am
I agree, we need more guys with credible sources on here.

I'm not going to don the insider mantle. I had intuition on the BB hire, based on research and common sense. I do have a "source" in the media... and no I am going to reveal that source. As posted many times in this board the current administration is very conscientious about leaks. Even the media has a hard time getting anything.
Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.

younghog

Its 5 o'clock somewhere for Zerose

All praise the SOURCE lol
GO HOGS

Eddie Goodson

"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hawgon

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 09, 2017, 02:34:34 pm
He was not part of Executive Session. Period.

Yet, he felt compelled to attend and sit outside for three hours.  He fell for the rumors too.

younghog

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 09, 2017, 02:34:34 pm
He was not part of Executive Session. Period.

lol. I don't care.. nor did I say he was..
GO HOGS

Next1_04

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 02:37:31 pm
Yet, he felt compelled to attend and sit outside for three hours.  He fell for the rumors too.
I am guessing he was told  by the Chancellor to be there. The only way he was going into that Exec Session was if the Chancellor was disciplining him and that would have had to be announced beforehand.

mhuff

Quote from: rhames on November 09, 2017, 01:21:22 pm
You all built this meeting, that was just a run of the mill BOT meeting, into something it never was.

Some people want to create drama at every turn. However, I can't help but think that there was discussion about the crowd size. I have never seen that in my entire life.

rhames

Quote from: mhuff on November 09, 2017, 02:45:25 pm
Some people want to create drama at every turn. However, I can't help but think that there was discussion about the crowd size. I have never seen that in my entire life.

Oh no doubt in my mind but no one was ever getting fired today.

ThisTeetsTaken

So why did Long sit outside the meeting for 3-4 hours ? 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

EastexHawg

I guess this means Hank, Jr. is safe for now...but as soon as Long is fired I am going to challenge him to a shot drinking contest to celebrate.  In fact, to heck with the shot glass...I'm drinking straight out of the bottle.  Wait...screw the bottle as well.  I'm going straight to the barrel.  I'm inviting the ghosts of Ernest Hemingway and Harry Caray, too.

hawgon

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 09, 2017, 03:17:38 pm

He was just there in case Mr. Steinmetz needed his counsel on any of the matters that were COMPLETELY UNRELATED to athletics or Jeff Long that we're being discussed.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 09, 2017, 03:17:38 pm
Probably for the same reason we have dept heads sitting outside our long exec. sessions. Because the Chancellor told him to.

RazorPiggie

Tyler Thomason seems like a d-bag.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Kc-Razor

Re: JL in executive session now
« Reply #73 on: Today at 10:40:31 am »
Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on Today at 10:37:20 am
Super interesting.

I guess joining a board automatically makes you a mole?
===================================================

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 10:40:31 am
[b]It is just odd on a massage board that has been around for 15+ years[/b], to see so many "new" members show up all around the same time. Just like i find it odd so many posters created accounts in 2006 or 2010, posted like 3 times, have not posted in years and just now decide is a good time to start posting. That is not how most people that take the time to join message boards behave. ]They may not post as often as some, but they usually do not go more than a few days, much less weeks months or years without posting.[/b

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hogsanity
Gold Hogvillian
Is there a problem here?

Re: JL in executive session now
« Reply #73 on: Today at 10:40:31 am »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might be surprised how many there are only reading after seeing some of the things that some people spew on here!

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 12:14:50 pm
There won't be any immediate announcement of anything.

By the week end there will be leaks.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HogFoo on November 09, 2017, 09:52:38 am
Yeah, my buddy just told me he gone. So we'll see. Well actually he said it about 25mins ago, I just saw the text. So, we'll see what gonna happen. I'm sure JL trying to throw whoever he can under the bus as this point.

My source said he was gonna be first to go, so perhaps, here we gooooooooooo...

phadedhawg

so this is another 8 page nothingburger?

HawgPound

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 02:08:33 pm

https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/928709146656104449

Unclear why Jeff Long attended the UA board meeting. He doesn't always attend. Sources tell me UA Chancellor Joe Steinmetz wanted him there.

My boss asked me to attend a meeting I usually skip last week. I was being presented an award.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pathological on November 09, 2017, 10:15:28 am
If Long is fired or contract not renewed or whatever...if Long is out...whether right or wrong...whether you agree or disagree with decision...the national media is going to rake UA over the coals like never before.  Whether you think this is a good decision or bad, this will be a dark dark day for UA if Long is let go.

You have to come up with more than that.  He isn't getting the job done in academics either...  Gone! 

Besides, you can't let Long have anything to do with the next hire.  This would be an excellent show that they are taking serious first steps.